Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

Dallas ran out of gas, scored under 100 points in all 4 losses. The West was by far the better conference, those teams beat each other up on the way to the finals.

During the 5 game finals stretch, the Celtics averaged their lowest point total per game, first time all year that happened, KP being out for basically 3 of those games might have had something to do with it, just shows you defense no matter the sport wins championships.

You play who you play, just like in the 80's the Celtics got the rockets twice instead of the Lakers.

Was nice to see many of the talking heads eating crow as they predicted Dallas would win; now they are saying there is all sorts of pressure on the Celtics to repeat.

Pressure to repeat? Pressure was them getting to the ECF numerous times and getting to the finals once prior to and losing, pressure was finally breaking through and winning it all.

We'll see what this group can achieve going forward, their top 8 players are all signed through the 2025 season.

Friday is going to be wild.

Not a lot of folks were watching but all championships count. The average margin of victory was nearly 20 points. Not much drama.

"Excluding the two COVID-altered series — Bucks-Suns in ’21 and Lakers-Heat in the 2020 “bubble” (4.0, 7.66M) — this year’s Finals ranks as the lowest rated on record and least-watched since 2007 (Spurs-Cavaliers: 9.29M)."

Great series between Hershey and Coachella. The Bears tied it up at 2-2 last night in a nail biter. One more game in California then the series is heading back to Hershey. Games are on NHL Network and DC sports channel.

Not a lot of folks were watching but all championships count. The average margin of victory was nearly 20 points. Not much drama.

"Excluding the two COVID-altered series — Bucks-Suns in ’21 and Lakers-Heat in the 2020 “bubble” (4.0, 7.66M) — this year’s Finals ranks as the lowest rated on record and least-watched since 2007 (Spurs-Cavaliers: 9.29M)."

I really like going to victory parades.

Like the one today; north of 1.5 million people, a literal sea of green today, a great day for it.

Went with a bunch of people including my friends 6 year old son; that poor kid, 6 years old and he had never seen a Boston sports victory parade in his lifetime..................check that one off.

13 in the past 23 years, wow, truly blessed as sports fans.

Sorry the finals did not measure up across the country; I'll take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday....................:wink2:.

I really like going to victory parades.

Like the one today; north of 1.5 million people, a literal sea of green today, a great day for it.

Went with a bunch of people including my friends 6 year old son; that poor kid, 6 years old and he had never seen a Boston sports victory parade in his lifetime..................check that one off.

13 in the past 23 years, wow, truly blessed as sports fans.

Sorry the finals did not measure up across the country; I'll take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday....................:wink2:.

George:

Congrats on the Celtics Championship and no need to apologize for winning.

Boston deserved the win and their dedicated fans should enjoy it.

-Jason

George:

Congrats on the Celtics Championship and no need to apologize for winning.

Boston deserved the win and their dedicated fans should enjoy it.

-Jason

Thanks; it was a fun ride and a relatively stress free run to banner 18, they were a wagon all year long.

Crowd estimates are now north of 2 million; so other than those 2 million fans and a few million more who are fans but had to work for a living yesterday, no one else gave a ****.

For those who are into stats;
Regular season

• The Celtics finished first in the Eastern Conference standings by 14 games, the largest margin between No. 1 and No. 2 since 1976.
  • Their 1.22 points per possession and 122.2 offensive rating were the best in league history.
  • Outscored teams by an average of 11.34 points per game -- fifth in NBA history.
  • Began the season with a team record 20-0 start at TD Garden. Finished with a 37-4 record at home, the third-best mark in franchise history.
  • Team records for offensive rating, net rating, scoring margin, 3-point shots made, and fewest turnovers.
  • Only team ever to win three games by 50 or more points in one season.
  • Sam Hauser hit 21 3-pointers over three games to surpass teammate Jayson Tatum (19) for the most in franchise history in that span.
  • Payton Pritchard became the first Celtic in the play-by-play era to have at least 23 points and nine assists in the first half of a game (April 12 vs. Hornets).
  • Pritchard notched his 11th game with at least five 3-pointers off the bench, breaking the Celtics record he shared with Hauser.
  • Celtics' 19 wins by 25+ points is the most in NBA history.
NBA playoffs

• Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown surpassed Larry Bird and Kevin McHale for most playoff games in Celtics franchise history with at least 25 points each (18 times).
  • Derrick White became the third player in NBA playoff history to have at least 35 points, eight 3-pointers, and three blocks in a game
  • Became the first team in NBA playoff history with three players with at least 25 points and three steals.
  • Tatum passed Lakers great Kobe Bryant for the most career playoff points (2,711) for a player aged 26 or younger.
  • Al Horford became the first player in NBA history to record at least 10 rebounds, five 3-pointers, five assists, and three blocks in a playoff game (Game 5 vs. Cavaliers).
NBA Finals

• First team in NBA Finals history to have seven players make at least two 3-pointers (Game 1 vs. Mavericks).
  • First team in Finals history to have all five starters record at least nine points and six rebounds (Game 5 vs. Mavericks).
  • Tatum became the first player in NBA history with at least 30 points and 10 assists in an NBA Finals game (Game 5 vs. Mavericks).
  • Celtics break tie with Lakers for NBA lead in championships (18).

Last edited:
Hershey stole another road game last night. Up 3-2 heading back home. Coachella has mostly outplayed them but Hunter Shepard is a winner in goal. I have tickets for game 7. So I'm torn on pulling for Hershey to finish them off in six.

Speaking of hockey, Florida is choking away the Stanley Cup, up 3-0, they got rolled the last 3 games and game 7 is tomorrow night.

Hard to believe hockey is still being played as of June 24th, that's really nuts.

Speaking of hockey, Florida is choking away the Stanley Cup, up 3-0, they got rolled the last 3 games and game 7 is tomorrow night.

Hard to believe hockey is still being played as of June 24th, that's really nuts.

I don't have any skin in the outcome but as a Kings fan would love to see those braying donkey fans in Edmonton lose on a soul crushing OT goal. A Canadian team hasn't won the cup in the last three decades. Hopefully that continues. U-S-A, U-S-A!

B-E-A-R-S. The Hershey Bears win back-to-back Calder Cups. Saving me $400 bucks as I had tickets for game seven.

Good customer service.
I have Comcast cable service. Lots of people complain about them, but I can call and reach someone to assist with any problem. They are extremely polite and helpful. I'm sure Comcast is struggling to retain customers and train their service representatives to be patient and polite, but it is a refreshing change from most other such customer service encounters these days. In most instances, you are hold for hours and/or there is no one answering the phone.

I have Comcast cable service. Lots of people complain about them, but I can call and reach someone to assist with any problem. They are extremely polite and helpful. I'm sure Comcast is struggling to retain customers and train their service representatives to be patient and polite, but it is a refreshing change from most other such customer service encounters these days. In most instances, you are hold for hours and/or there is no one answering the phone.

Too true. I have Verizon, they are my internet provider and in all honesty, reaching someone there is just as easy, I can't complain about that. However, my email support (even though a verizon.net address) is now managed by AOL. I had an outlook issue due to their password change, I call, I do reach someone, but they tell me if I am not willing to pay for gold customer service, they will not fix my problem. Are you kidding me? I pay Verizon. Why would I then have to pay for customer service. NO wonder, AOL is basically a shell corporation nowadays. Anyhow, fortunately, I have some skills, I googled and had my answer in about 5 minutes, should have done that in the first place!

Debates.

If that was a boxing match, a white towel would have flown across the stage around 9:40PM EST.

Wowza.

Debates.

If that was a boxing match, a white towel would have flown across the stage around 9:40PM EST.

Wowza.

It was a sad spectacle. Unfortunately, the election will still be razor thin. Most people now vote based on ideology rather than results. Their votes are not influenced by reality.

Dad and I have enjoyed watching Reilly, Ace of Spies with Sam Neill. Also the 2008 John Adams mini-series.
Any thoughts on the fun and/or accuracy of either? We enjoyed both.
Best Wishes to All
Paddy for overworked-Dad. And then there's me, who should probably work more hours/week to get my schedule straight...

Dad and I have enjoyed watching Reilly, Ace of Spies with Sam Neill. Also the 2008 John Adams mini-series.
Any thoughts on the fun and/or accuracy of either? We enjoyed both.
Best Wishes to All
Paddy for overworked-Dad. And then there's me, who should probably work more hours/week to get my schedule straight...
I enjoyed both series. THere is a basis of truth to the Reilly story and Sam Neil is excellent.

I enjoyed both series. THere is a basis of truth to the Reilly story and Sam Neil is excellent.
Reilly was a fascinating person. I recommend any reading about him. Unfortunately for us, he was such a good spy that we don't know the details about everything he did.
Sam Neill is another great NZ actor. Kudos for all his roles and hope he keeps going.
Paddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back