Things that I really like (4 Viewers)

The fact that this thread is outnumbered 3 to 1 to the Things that annoy me thread.

U-S-A, U-S-A. A miracle today that the bullet missed the mark.

Unfortunately, words can be very dangerous. Some of the words being used right now are not healthy (yesterday proved that). It was a miracle that only one innocent person was killed, that said, completely ridiculous that happened.

TD

Apparently a lone gunman, or was he? In any case it will boost Trump's chances IMO.

"Babydoll" the dog. Not sure what that was all about but the dog is a star. She would upstage any politician.

"Babydoll" the dog. Not sure what that was all about but the dog is a star. She would upstage any politician.
Doug
you beat me to it. I am not a convention watcher, but dadgummit, had to watch that speech twice! Love that dog, who in the world could follow that one. I ordered 2 Drink Koozies! Babydog for President!
Tom

Hulk Hogan - I don't care what anyone thinks of his politics, etc, the guy at 70 can still fire up and entertain a crowd. Priceless personality and the reason he is the best pro wrestler ever. Hands down, no one is better than him including The Rock. He is the originator. Love it.

TD

Hulk Hogan - I don't care what anyone thinks of his politics, etc, the guy at 70 can still fire up and entertain a crowd. Priceless personality and the reason he is the best pro wrestler ever. Hands down, no one is better than him including The Rock. He is the originator. Love it.

TD
Tom-

You beat me to that one. For good or ill, Hogan puts on a show. It plays into the "Idiocracy" narrative of our current society but fun. Sometimes it's good not to take everything so seriously. I was laughing and cheering for the Hulkster. Not a fan of Kid Rock's singing and the speech went on way too long. I'm just glad it is over because it has been an exhausting news week. And there are still three months until the election.

Tom-

You beat me to that one. For good or ill, Hogan puts on a show. It plays into the "Idiocracy" narrative of our current society but fun. Sometimes it's good not to take everything so seriously. I was laughing and cheering for the Hulkster. Not a fan of Kid Rock's singing and the speech went on way too long. I'm just glad it is over because it has been an exhausting news week. And there are still three months until the election.
The one thing about Kid Rock is that song, man that is a fire em up one! He is a good hype man too. I like the new version of that one as he combined two of his songs into it. Again, I am just happy to be entertained. It was nice for a change to see a fun loving atmosphere instead of the normal gloom and doom and frowns!
TD

Tom-

Thanks for the reminder.

I might write in “Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho” in this year’s election considering the other choices.

I never would be happy or with an athlete injury. That said, karma is the proverbial beatch. The Olympic athlete who showed not only anti-semitism which is just abhorrent behavior, but also poor sportmanship. His next Judo match, he was carried off with a loss and injury. Good riddance.

I never would be happy or with an athlete injury. That said, karma is the proverbial beatch. The Olympic athlete who showed not only anti-semitism which is just abhorrent behavior, but also poor sportmanship. His next Judo match, he was carried off with a loss and injury. Good riddance.
Tom:

Great post and I could not agree more.

-Jason

Not having watched a single second of the Olympics. Not even by accident. I don't think I've even seen any highlights just reading bizarre news reports about men boxing women and swimmers getting sick in the polluted river.

The Rams and Dodgers winning on the last play of the game today within about 30 seconds of each other. I was flipping back and forth. A rare good day for LA fans. Granted the Rams game was preseason but winning is winning. Stetson Bennett apparently has sobered up enough to find the stadium. He threw four INTs but pulled the game out at the end. He will be working at the car wash soon with Jimmy G. and Stafford ahead of him but he will always be a preseason GOAT.

Kurt Russell movies. My favorite is "The Thing" but I watched the politically incorrect westerns this weekend "The Hateful Eight" and "Bone Tomahawk" on Netflix. Neither of these movies would be made today because of the racial themes and violence. The latter portrays the "indigenous" people as literal stone age cave dwellers whose sole purpose is to inflict barbarous violence on others. Great stuff. Russell is fantastic in both movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back