Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

The AHL playoffs. Hershey and Cleveland have played back to back OT games. Game three is on the NHL network tonight.

Great game tonight between the Hershey Bears and Cleveland Monsters. 15K fans. Hershey is up 3-0 in the series and likely heading to a rematch with Coachella. The AHL is old school. Players getting hit in the head with pucks, knocking guys in the stands, fans giving the finger to opposing teams. It has everything except the Hanson brothers, smoking in the penalty box, and .10 cent beer night. The Bears goalie Hunter Shepard won two NCAA championships, the ECHL Kelly Cup, and the AHL Calder Cup. He is the Tom Brady of semi-professional hockey.

The Pacers had a lot of fouls called on them because they are shitty at playing defense, they can light up the scoreboard, 2nd highest scoring team in the league this year, but are terrible at defense, so they commit a lot of fouls.

One follows the other.

The Celtics blitzkrieged their way to the finals, 4-1, 4-1, 4-0, mostly all of those games they played without KP, one of their best players, gives great rim protection, averages 20PPG, maybe had they had him, they would have blown out the Pacers by 30 per game, but wins are wins, a sweep is a sweep.

The teams with the most fans across the league in no particular order are the Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, there will be a **** ton of people watching the series.

I'd agree about 6 people if it had been Indiana vs Dallas/Minnesota, but let's get a grip.

I have watched a decent amount of the NBA playoffs when I wasn’t watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

My bet is the Celtics win this series.

Game four of the AHL playoffs are on the NHL network tonight. Great that they are covering it instead of running a game from the 1980s.

The Pacers had a lot of fouls called on them because they are shitty at playing defense, they can light up the scoreboard, 2nd highest scoring team in the league this year, but are terrible at defense, so they commit a lot of fouls.

One follows the other.

The Celtics blitzkrieged their way to the finals, 4-1, 4-1, 4-0, mostly all of those games they played without KP, one of their best players, gives great rim protection, averages 20PPG, maybe had they had him, they would have blown out the Pacers by 30 per game, but wins are wins, a sweep is a sweep.

The teams with the most fans across the league in no particular order are the Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, there will be a **** ton of people watching the series.

I'd agree about 6 people if it had been Indiana vs Dallas/Minnesota, but let's get a grip.

Game 1 left no doubt, the Celtics are the better team by far.

Game 1 left no doubt, the Celtics are the better team by far.

It's still very early, but a nice way to start the series.

KP is a game changer; he's a force on both ends of the court, great rim protection specifically.

Let Luka have is 30PPG or whatever and shut down the rest of the Dallas offense with their defense.

Game B will be huge, we'll see how it plays out.

It's still very early, but a nice way to start the series.

KP is a game changer; he's a force on both ends of the court, great rim protection specifically.

Let Luka have is 30PPG or whatever and shut down the rest of the Dallas offense with their defense.

Game B will be huge, we'll see how it plays out.

George:

Great post. Still lots of basketball to be played.

I am cheering for the Celtics, just like you have supported me and my local teams when they have been in similar situations.

Looking forward to Game 2.

Best,
Jason

George:

Great post. Still lots of basketball to be played.

I am cheering for the Celtics, just like you have supported me and my local teams when they have been in similar situations.

Looking forward to Game 2.

Best,
Jason

Dallas missed several wide open 3's in that game and Kyrie was horrendous; I can't see both of those things happening again, we'll see.

We call this game "game B" as they lost both game 2's vs Miami and Cleveland at home, so we switched to "game B" vs Indian and they won, so I'll continue to go with that.

Thanks for the support.

What a game tonight between Hershey and Cleveland. Old school hockey. Goes to OT before Cleveland evens the series after being down 0-3. The Bears haven't lost consecutive games all season and now they have dropped three in a row. It's great to watch a sport with some drama. Game seven will be on Wednesday night on the DC sports channel.

Craig Johnson. Author of the "Longmire" series. He was here in PA tonight at some event in a church. He showed up early and no one was there. So he went down the street and bought some beer. Came back and put on a good show for the mostly elderly crowd. I told him that I had one thing in common with Longmire. We both went to USC.

Craig Johnson. Author of the "Longmire" series. He was here in PA tonight at some event in a church. He showed up early and no one was there. So he went down the street and bought some beer. Came back and put on a good show for the mostly elderly crowd. I told him that I had one thing in common with Longmire. We both went to USC.

I like his novels, with a couple of exceptions, but the tv series not so much. It's cool he lives on a ranch near a Wyoming town of 28 people.

This is some solid NBA defense on display by Luka...........at one point Kyrie shoves him at the player he's supposed to be defending, I've seen traffic cones play better defense.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1800354064590680501

Love the way they wrapped him in ice and bandages like a mummy before the game for 5 minutes as the cameras were rolling, all show.

I fully expect ref ball to be on display Wednesday night, the NBA does not want a sweep in the finals.

What I really like - the fact that a lot of my childhood hero bands are continuing to tour. New music sucks IMO and this includes Taylor Swift. I am taking nothing away from her talent as she is very talented, but jeez, there is nothing like the guitar sound of those 70s and 80s rock gods. The 70 year olds are blowing the youngsters off the stage..............uh. wait a sec, the youngsters don't take the stage, they just sit in a sound boot with a computer driven mixer and instagram................:)

TD

I like his novels, with a couple of exceptions, but the tv series not so much. It's cool he lives on a ranch near a Wyoming town of 28 people.

Never read the novels, but did like the TV series, was a bit surprised when noticed the main character was an Aussie actor, who was originally from Western Australia, apparently he also likes that small state of Wyoming ^&grin

Never read the novels, but did like the TV series, was a bit surprised when noticed the main character was an Aussie actor, who was originally from Western Australia, apparently he also likes that small state of Wyoming ^&grin

He often shows up for the Longmire Days event in Buffalo, Wyoming in the summer. I've read all the novels and enjoy them more than the show.

Watching game 7 of the AHL playoffs tonight. I'm enjoying this more than the NBA or NHL finals. Old school sports.

Game one of the AHL Calder Cup is tonight. A rematch from last year. Hershey vs Coachella. I think the game may be on the NHL network. The DC sports network Monumental has also been carrying the games.

Well Doug was right; Dallas was toast, never really in the game at all tonight, Celtics led wire to wire to capture banner #18...........................great game, no stress, they are well deserving champs, get the duck boats ready.....................

Well Doug was right; Dallas was toast, never really in the game at all tonight, Celtics led wire to wire to capture banner #18...........................great game, no stress, they are well deserving champs, get the duck boats ready.....................

Congrats George. The Celts were the best team this year but that series and the entire NBA playoffs had all the excitement of bingo night at the old folks home. The NBA is in big trouble if this type of YMCA series is an example of things to come.

Congrats George. The Celts were the best team this year but that series and the entire NBA playoffs had all the excitement of bingo night at the old folks home. The NBA is in big trouble if this type of YMCA series is an example of things to come.

Dallas ran out of gas, scored under 100 points in all 4 losses. The West was by far the better conference, those teams beat each other up on the way to the finals.

During the 5 game finals stretch, the Celtics averaged their lowest point total per game, first time all year that happened, KP being out for basically 3 of those games might have had something to do with it, just shows you defense no matter the sport wins championships.

You play who you play, just like in the 80's the Celtics got the rockets twice instead of the Lakers.

Was nice to see many of the talking heads eating crow as they predicted Dallas would win; now they are saying there is all sorts of pressure on the Celtics to repeat.

Pressure to repeat? Pressure was them getting to the ECF numerous times and getting to the finals once prior to and losing, pressure was finally breaking through and winning it all.

We'll see what this group can achieve going forward, their top 8 players are all signed through the 2025 season.

Friday is going to be wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back