Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

Discovering that a hockey stick is a fantastic tool for chopping down dandelion stems. It also gives the neighbors something to think about when they see you bashing them in your yard. Not to be trifled with!

Discovering that a hockey stick is a fantastic tool for chopping down dandelion stems. It also gives the neighbors something to think about when they see you bashing them in your yard. Not to be trifled with!

On a similar note, a Plastic Grass Rake is a really good weapon for bees! Swinging wildly I am sure has given my neighbors something to talk about!

The Lakers firing Darvin Ham. He seems like a nice guy, but he is a lousy coach. LeBron has a short window for winning another championship and Ham burnt two of those seasons. The Lakers teams of the last couple of years didn't have a snowballs chance of winning it. Love him or hate him, LeBron is still putting up incredible numbers at his age. Unfortunately, he can no longer carry a team to a championship and needs some help from his teammates and coaches. It would be interesting to bring back Riley but no chance of that. I doubt he could handle AD taking off games for a headache etc.

J.K. Rowling. I've never read the Harry Potter books but I do admire her courage in standing up to the insanity going on in our culture. She is almost a singular example of someone of her celebrity status to do so. Others have capitulated for fear of social media criticism or being cancelled.

Agree - but being one of the richest women in the world probably helps as well. I read the books and Harry Potter was not that good a wizard, he could not get a spell right to fix his eyesight.

The Bruins winning game 7 in OT after blowing a 3-1 series lead, got home from the show in time last night to watch most of the 3rd period and OT....................

The Bruins winning game 7 in OT after blowing a 3-1 series lead, got home from the show in time last night to watch most of the 3rd period and OT....................

The best thing about a crushing loss like that is watching all the Toronto fans having to return to their igloos. What is it with Canadians standing outside the arenas or filling the empty arena to watch games on TV when it's an away game? There must not be a lot to do. Hopefully the streak of American teams winning the Cup continues.

Hate to disappoint you, but that is a German Car, a BMW with different Branding

You seem to be taking greater pleasure than is normal for you,to be spiteful. You, Barkmann are becoming a Troll, so please go back and stay under your bridge until you can be more pleasant to people !

The best thing about a crushing loss like that is watching all the Toronto fans having to return to their igloos. What is it with Canadians standing outside the arenas or filling the empty arena to watch games on TV when it's an away game? There must not be a lot to do. Hopefully the streak of American teams winning the Cup continues.

I'm not a Leaf fan by any means but I will say that their fan base is definitely hungry for a next round playoff win and lord knows a Stanley Cup. It seems Boston is there kryptonite. Watching with other fans in or outside the arena is a atmosphere/tailgate like any other sporting event. Fans just want to be with other fans and have some fun. Hey Canadians just got hit with another Carbon Tax so of course it cost those fans a little more to go out and have that fun. Lol.
I would like to see a Boston/Carolina matchup but there is way too much hockey left to make that happen. As they say "it's play-off hockey and anything can happen in the play-offs." I certainly would like to see a Canadian team win the Cup sometime in the near future though. I'll just have to settle for Canadian players on American teams drinking out of Lord Stanley. :)

I'm not a Leaf fan by any means but I will say that their fan base is definitely hungry for a next round playoff win and lord knows a Stanley Cup. It seems Boston is there kryptonite. Watching with other fans in or outside the arena is a atmosphere/tailgate like any other sporting event. Fans just want to be with other fans and have some fun. Hey Canadians just got hit with another Carbon Tax so of course it cost those fans a little more to go out and have that fun. Lol.
I would like to see a Boston/Carolina matchup but there is way too much hockey left to make that happen. As they say "it's play-off hockey and anything can happen in the play-offs." I certainly would like to see a Canadian team win the Cup sometime in the near future though. I'll just have to settle for Canadian players on American teams drinking out of Lord Stanley. :)

Yes, they have great fans. I'm just frustrated with my Kings losing three years in a row to the Oilers. The fans there are nuts. They must think Gretzky is still playing.

The distinct possibility that the NHL and NBA might feature New York vs. Boston in their respective conferences finals.

The distinct possibility that the NHL and NBA might feature New York vs. Boston in their respective conferences finals.

The Florida-Boston series was great hockey. Hockey is a cruel sport, however, when a hard-fought series is decided by a fluke goal. Those are the breaks, though. Florida was tough as nails going into Beantown and getting the win. Bobrovsky is so huge I don't know how a puck would ever get by him even if he just stood still.

The Florida-Boston series was great hockey. Hockey is a cruel sport, however, when a hard-fought series is decided by a fluke goal. Those are the breaks, though. Florida was tough as nails going into Beantown and getting the win. Bobrovsky is so huge I don't know how a puck would ever get by him even if he just stood still.

I stopped watching the series after game 4; Bruins up 2-0, then 2-1, then that POS Bennett (more on him later) cross checks Coyle into Swayman and scores............no crosscheck penalty, Bruins challenge the goal, Toronto says "The goalie still had the ability to stop that shot, the goal counts".........I played goalie up through high school, I don't ever recall being able to make a save with a ****ing player laying on top of me. Florida goes on the PP and scores again, game over, Florida up 3-1.

I was done after that nonsensical pile of BS. Imagine the Bruins are 3-8 in their last 11 home playoff games, that's beyond embarrassing, they lost THREE games at home in the SCF vs the Blues, THREE last year in the first round, THREE this year in the second round, that's pathetically bad.

Bennett sucker punches Marchand, gives him a concussion, out 2.5 games........and yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, Marchand is a weasel and a pain in the ***, a weasel and a pain in the *** who any of you would want on your team, but that was BS too, no penalty, no suspension, no nothing.

I love hockey, but the league is a complete joke; imagine a Florida/Rangers ECF, I won't watch one second of it, would be like watching the Russians and Germans on the Eastern Front and trying to pick a side to root for.

Nope, I'm done.

Last edited:

Imagine a Celtics/Knicks ECF, it would be a rock fight as the "gutsy and plucky Knicks" try to scratch and claw their way to the NBA finals.

No thanks.

I'd prefer the Pacers, but you get who you get.

With Porzingis out until at least game 4 or 5, the Celtics are in for a war regardless of who they play.

I stopped watching the series after game 4; Bruins up 2-0, then 2-1, then that POS Bennett (more on him later) cross checks Coyle into Swayman and scores............no crosscheck penalty, Bruins challenge the goal, Toronto says "The goalie still had the ability to stop that shot, the goal counts".........I played goalie up through high school, I don't ever recall being able to make a save with a ****ing player laying on top of me. Florida goes on the PP and scores again, game over, Florida up 3-1.

I was done after that nonsensical pile of BS. Imagine the Bruins are 3-8 in their last 11 home playoff games, that's beyond embarrassing, they lost THREE games at home in the SCF vs the Blues, THREE last year in the first round, THREE this year in the second round, that's pathetically bad.

Bennett sucker punches Marchand, gives him a concussion, out 2.5 games........and yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, Marchand is a weasel and a pain in the ***, a weasel and a pain in the *** who any of you would want on your team, but that was BS too, no penalty, no suspension, no nothing.

I love hockey, but the league is a complete joke; imagine a Florida/Rangers ECF, I won't watch one second of it, would be like watching the Russians and Germans on the Eastern Front and trying to pick a side to root for.

Nope, I'm done.

If the Canucks win out, that means the four top seeds have made it to the conference finals. That's unusual in hockey. There is a certain element of luck in a playoff series. I enjoy watching the games but none of the remaining teams interests me. My only interest now is that Canada doesn't get a Cup again this year. I think they are at three decades and counting.

If the Canucks win out, that means the four top seeds have made it to the conference finals. That's unusual in hockey. There is a certain element of luck in a playoff series. I enjoy watching the games but none of the remaining teams interests me. My only interest now is that Canada doesn't get a Cup again this year. I think they are at three decades and counting.

At the end of the day, you want to see the top teams competing for a championship, the teams that burp and fart their way through a season and then get hot come playoff time and go on a run are not my cup of tea.

And yeah; Vancouver/Dallas/Rangers/Panthers..............yeah; I'm out, no interest in any of those teams, could care less who wins.

The two teams I follow, the Penguins and Sharks, did not make the playoffs.

I was cheering for Boston for George and Marchand (the guy is a pest but he is talented and he does a ton of community work off the ice).

Now I just want to see great hockey. With that being said, I hope McDavid makes it to the Conference Finals.

The two teams I follow, the Penguins and Sharks, did not make the playoffs.

I was cheering for Boston for George and Marchand (the guy is a pest but he is talented and he does a ton of community work off the ice).

Now I just want to see great hockey. With that being said, I hope McDavid makes it to the Conference Finals.

There are some great AHL teams. Hershey and Coachella have a nice rivalry forming. Hershey won in a crushing game seven last year. More of the same lining up this year. Fun to watch.

There are some great AHL teams. Hershey and Coachella have a nice rivalry forming. Hershey won in a crushing game seven last year. More of the same lining up this year. Fun to watch.

Hockey is my favorite sport for a number of reasons.

I love everything from the NHL to the Olympics and everything in between.

However, I have yet to really follow the AHL, WHL etc. Your post has me thinking those leagues are worth a watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back