Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

Our National Parks, just returned from visiting Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon North Rim, Kolob Canyon and Cedar Breaks (Utah is an amazing place). Perfect wx and first time for wife and I to see. Chris

IMG_5932.JPG
IMG_5955.JPG
IMG_6073.JPG

I'm liking "The Fall of the House of Usher" series on Netflix. A lot of great Poe Easter eggs and character names. The characters are somewhat off putting, though. Not a warm and fuzzy group.

My cousin and his family went to Utah earlier this year and just fell in love with the place.
Mark

The 80s-like plot description of the upcoming "Thanksgiving" movie:

An axe-wielding maniac terrorizes residents of Plymouth, Mass., after a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy. Picking off victims one by one, the seemingly random revenge killings soon become part of a larger, sinister plan.

Finally watched the 2 Extraction movies on Neflix starring Chris Helmworth. Well, they delivered, crazy action, stunts, etc. Entertaining for 2hrs each.
TD

True crime shows. This is probably the second lowest form of TV entertainment behind only ghost shows but they can be fascinating. The Netflix show: "Till Murder Do Us Apart: Soering vs Haysom" is riveting. Two things stand out in these shows. First, how seemingly ordinary people can conduct the most brutal acts imaginable. Second, how those responsible can lie about what they have done and even convince many intelligent people that they are innocent. In this case, a bright college couple decided to massacre the mother and father of the girl. Cutting their throats and stabbing them numerous times. The authorities have spent the last four decades trying to figure out which of them or both did it with each person telling different versions. The boyfriend, a German citizen, was released after 33 years in prison and now makes appearances on German TV shows making his case that he was innocent. Even writing books. He has become a kind of celebrity. John Grisham even advocated for his release. But if he is guilty, as the evidence suggests, then he is a cold-blooded murderer who has been lying for nearly four decades.

The Amazon commercial where the three older ladies go sledding down the hill...............when they transition back to when they were young.......oh boy, the room gets dusty.

It reminds me of my Mom.

Plus Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

It reminds me of my Dad.

True crime shows. This is probably the second lowest form of TV entertainment behind only ghost shows but they can be fascinating. The Netflix show: "Till Murder Do Us Apart: Soering vs Haysom" is riveting. Two things stand out in these shows. First, how seemingly ordinary people can conduct the most brutal acts imaginable. Second, how those responsible can lie about what they have done and even convince many intelligent people that they are innocent. In this case, a bright college couple decided to massacre the mother and father of the girl. Cutting their throats and stabbing them numerous times. The authorities have spent the last four decades trying to figure out which of them or both did it with each person telling different versions. The boyfriend, a German citizen, was released after 33 years in prison and now makes appearances on German TV shows making his case that he was innocent. Even writing books. He has become a kind of celebrity. John Grisham even advocated for his release. But if he is guilty, as the evidence suggests, then he is a cold-blooded murderer who has been lying for nearly four decades.
Yes these shows really are done well. I find it amazing that seemly normal people all of the sudden turn to murder and think they can get away with it. I've gotten mad at people and never once thought about murdering them.
Mark

40 degree overnight temperatures in Texas.

Wow I thought that's crazy hot, should be on the things you don't like, but then remembered you guys still use ancient measurements, and are in the Northern Hemisphere ^&grin

Wow I thought that's crazy hot, should be on the things you don't like, but then remembered you guys still use ancient measurements, and are in the Northern Hemisphere ^&grin

Matt:

Thanks for the laugh!

On a side note, I was watching Formula 1 qualifying from Abu Dhabi last night and the temperature was listed as 28. I thought to myself that was cold for the desert, then I remembered……

Best,
Jason

Matt:

Thanks for the laugh!

On a side note, I was watching Formula 1 qualifying from Abu Dhabi last night and the temperature was listed as 28. I thought to myself that was cold for the desert, then I remembered……

Best,
Jason

Ha ha yeah low 20s is ideal temp, 28 C is what you'd call Balmy, 30 to 35 is Hot, over 35 is bloody hot.

Austin Reeves post game analysis of the Lakers 44-point loss to the Sixers: "I mean, they made a lot of 3s, we didn't, and they beat the s--- out of us,"

Extravagant outdoor Christmas decorations.

I like them on other people's homes. The thought of putting up x-mas decorations myself is another story. Very similar take on dogs. They are great so long as they belong to someone else.

I like them on other people's homes. The thought of putting up x-mas decorations myself is another story. Very similar take on dogs. They are great so long as they belong to someone else.

I feel the same way about the lights, I love to look at them but the the thought of putting them up and taking them down is almost nauseating.

The cocaine fueled concert footage of "Stop Making Sense" in which David Byrne was completely unhinged. The greatest concert film in history. Drugs may be bad, but they apparently don't hurt creativity. He is one of the rare examples of a rock star outliving his legacy. If he had died at a young age, he would have been remembered as a cutting-edge artist. Instead he has outlived his relevancy.

The new Godzilla movie. It's a bit long but Godzilla is a real bad arse again stomping Tokyo with a vengeance. No Hollywood nonsense or blaming climate change on his bad attitude. Some interesting post war commentary on Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back