Things that I really like (2 Viewers)

Today the 189th Munich Oktoberfest has started. Prices of 1 Liter Beer in 2024 is between 13,60 - 15,30€.
As usual the beer tents open 09.00 am but no beer must be served until the official opening "Barrel Tapping" by the Oberbürgermeister of Munich. At 12.00 Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter required two strikes (which is brilliant and important data, if you are German) to get the Beer running from the barrel.
Than traditionally a salute is fired and than finally, finally the beer may get served ....

This years record for getting alcohol poisoning goes to an amercan tourist, she required medical treatment today at 2.21 pm. German local Radio Stations traditionally take bets on which time the first Oktoberfest visitor requires treatment. In case you win you get a handfull of vouchers for the beer tent of your choice - billiant.

FC Bayern München played Werder Bremen in todays Saturday soccer game and butchered Bremen 0:5. I Prost to that.

Good weekend to everybody

OktoberfestDZTPierre-Adenis610x365pix.jpg

drei-zufaellige-maedchen-auf-dem-oktoberfest-im-dirndl_923209-356.jpg

Today the 189th Munich Oktoberfest has started. Prices of 1 Liter Beer in 2024 is between 13,60 - 15,30€.
As usual the beer tents open 09.00 am but no beer must be served until the official opening "Barrel Tapping" by the Oberbürgermeister of Munich. At 12.00 Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter required two strikes (which is brilliant and important data, if you are German) to get the Beer running from the barrel.
Than traditionally a salute is fired and than finally, finally the beer may get served ....

This years record for getting alcohol poisoning goes to an amercan tourist, she required medical treatment today at 2.21 pm. German local Radio Stations traditionally take bets on which time the first Oktoberfest visitor requires treatment. In case you win you get a handfull of vouchers for the beer tent of your choice - billiant.

FC Bayern München played Werder Bremen in todays Saturday soccer game and butchered Bremen 0:5. I Prost to that.

Good weekend to everybody

View attachment 342082

View attachment 342083

I'm attending an Octoberfest in Dayton, Ohio later this week.

"Penguin" on HBO and "Monsters" on Netflix. Very well done.

I was in Munich a few weeks ago and the place was packed for an Adele concert. You couldn't walk on the streets. Can't imagine what it is like during Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest is popular in Australia, could be the Busty wenches and Beer. Major cities where it takes place here are; Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle and of course Brisbane.

Video from recent Brisbane Oktoberfest including the traditional Oktoberfest Kangaroo Dance, which is now a World Wide sensation ;)

Grotesquerie on FX; holy smokes, two episodes in and I'm hooked, it's the movie "Seven" on steroids, talk about pushing the envelope.................Doug, you'd love this.

Not to mention in 5 days, it's "Shocktober", with loads of horror movies on TV to celebrate Halloween, my second favorite month of the year.

Oktoberfest is popular in Australia, could be the Busty wenches and Beer. Major cities where it takes place here are; Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle and of course Brisbane.

Video from recent Brisbane Oktoberfest including the traditional Oktoberfest Kangaroo Dance, which is now a World Wide sensation ;)

Brilliant, Kangaroo Dance, Munich has to do some serious rethinking on organizing the event and start to learn from the new world.
Keep on partying,- life is much too short.
Thank You
Wolfgang

Grotesquerie on FX; holy smokes, two episodes in and I'm hooked, it's the movie "Seven" on steroids, talk about pushing the envelope.................Doug, you'd love this.

Not to mention in 5 days, it's "Shocktober", with loads of horror movies on TV to celebrate Halloween, my second favorite month of the year.
October is a great month for horror aficionados. "Terrifier 3" is coming out. Svengoolie double features on Saturday night. They are playing "Halloween", "The Shining" and some other horror classics on the big screen at our local artsy theatre. I watched the first couple episodes of Grotesquerie. It has a very AHS feel.

October is a great month for horror aficionados. "Terrifier 3" is coming out. Svengoolie double features on Saturday night. They are playing "Halloween", "The Shining" and some other horror classics on the big screen at our local artsy theatre. I watched the first couple episodes of Grotesquerie. It has a very AHS feel.
Yeah, I first thought Grotesquerie was another AHS installment, but it's not.

Terrifier 3; even that series is over the top for me, I watched Terrifier 1 on Netflix...........and that was that, I can only imagine what 2 and 3 are like.

Would love to see some pictures of it
Rgds
Wolfgang
Didn't see any picturesque Frauleins but here are some pics nevertheless. My former squadron the 7th Special Ops Sqdn, MC-130s, had a reunion in Dayton, OH. We spent a wet Saturday at Octoberfest. We had our own piper who played during intermission. We're kind of a boisterous bunch.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

This is looking brilliant! Sorry to see some rain in the last picture - but that does mean nothing if you sit on a Barrel of Warsteiner.
Looks like you had a lot of fun and I am blown away seeing all those Lederhosen and Dirndl. Would have loved to party with you.
Thank You very much indeed and greatings to all your bavarian Friends.
Regards
Wolfgang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back