time on my hands at last (2 Viewers)

Yes a wonderful looking Villa you've acquired from Carlo, a perfect setting for the elite of Rome, Reminds me of the old BBC drama series " I Claudius".
Germanicus father of Caligula better be careful is all I can say !

Steve

Spectacular villa Robin.....did you have to "make him an offer he couldn't refuse":wink2:

Stay safe

Martyn:)

Wow Robin, spectacular setting. WOnder how many permanent displays you have now. ^&confuse Chris

South of Rome in General Germanicus's country villa, the Power of Rome gather. Robin.

ps a big thank you to Carlo (Risorgimento) for parting with the villa he built

this is a permanent display.

Great roman villa..I especially like the "peristilio".

1917 Europe, a first aid station. Robin.

a permanent display.

Attachments

• DSCN2575.jpg
    DSCN2575.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN2574.jpg
    DSCN2574.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN2573.jpg
    DSCN2573.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN2571.jpg
    DSCN2571.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN2572.jpg
    DSCN2572.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 197
Robin, I don't think I have seen some of the other pieces of JGs combined with the aid station.
The blacksmith shop works so well with it I may steal this idea from you. Lets hope I can still get one.
Well done..

Terrific scene, I wish I had the space to display large dios. The model of the Lanz Bulldog tractor brought back some memories. In my early teens I stayed on a friends farm near Breelong NSW, they had an old Bulldog tractor that they started with a 12 gauge shotgun cartridge, just wacked it with a hammer and off she goes ^&cool

Perfect set up Robin, I envy the space you have to display your superb collection {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Stay safe

Martyn:)

Yep Robin has a superb collection for sure ! :salute::

Steve

Wonderful scene Robin, great collection of bldgs. And who makes the tractor? Chris

Wonderful scene Robin, great collection of bldgs. And who makes the tractor? Chris

Not sure Chris, just found it on eBay, I think it is 1/32, but fits ok. A local mate gave it a paint job to make it look weathered. The things we do in this hobby, crazy hey{sm4} Robin.

ps guys thanks for your comments and likes, keeps me motivated.

Chris, the Lanz Bulldog Tractor was a 1:32 scale model made by Atlas Editions in Germany a few years ago and then re-released by Altaya in France and other European countries. You can still easily find it on e-bay at a reasonable price. The model was also produced by Siku and Schuco but these are more expensive.
The Robin's mate did a good weathered paint job.
Carlo

Attachments

• LANZ BULLDOG 1.32.jpg
    LANZ BULLDOG 1.32.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 138
Carlo,

Your post got me interested in how the piece might measure up as a scale model, so I went looking for pics and such.

Found a YT-clip focused on the Bulldog:

Not bad:cool:

-Moe

Great clip Moe, as a kid the optional Kaufmann Starter system with a Shotgun shell was even more exciting. Similar system was used on the British Field Marshall tractors that were also used in Australia back in the good old days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back