Trophy of Wales (2 Viewers)

Great picture Joe, I do like the dismounted Officer

Cheers

Martyn:)

Still hoping to acquire his fellow Officer Martyn and Scott knowning you love you mounted Glossy figures had you in mind when I set up the figures and shot the photo.

Attachments

• ZULUWAR-CHARD-BROMHEAD-DALTON-REYNO.jpg
    ZULUWAR-CHARD-BROMHEAD-DALTON-REYNO.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 151
Still hoping to acquire his fellow Officer Martyn and Scott knowning you love you mounted Glossy figures had you in mind when I set up the figures and shot the photo.

I shall be looking again next week Joe, have no fear;)

Cheers

I shall be looking again next week Joe, have no fear;)

Cheers

Have fun at the show Martyn which I've no doubt you will and hope your personal Trophy treasure hunting reaps rewards.

Martyn,

I too hope you have a good show and luck in finding the few remaining AZW Trophy sets that you need to complete your collection.

Brian

Here's the Calendar for December to help you schedule your Christmas shopping and planning other events you need to remind yourselves of.

calendar030371242dfc9dd11be57f6af05.jpg

Martyn,

I too hope you have a good show and luck in finding the few remaining AZW Trophy sets that you need to complete your collection.

Brian

Hi Martyn,

I join Brian in wishing you "Good Hunting" at the show in London this weekend.

Hopefully, Jeff (aujj65) will be able to get some good pictures of the Trophy sets to post on the forum.

Best of Luck, Raymond.:)

I dont know why I got on to Googling for Trophy Minatures - oh, I know, I was browsing a favourite 1/6 scale online store, and found they were selling 1/32nd lead miniatures now. Anyway, I'm posting here as I used to work for Trophy Minatures, back in 78-80 or so -- I forget exact dates now.

It was in Len's back shed in Penarth, and every week or so I'd get a bag of grey undercoated soldiers, and spend countless hours in the late night religiously painting them from top down, in the glossy primary Humbrol enamels we used.

I'd always been into wargaming and painting minatures, which was how I got the job. Looking back on it, I was probably horribly under compensated and am probably brain damaged from all the lead in em, but I loved this job. I'd often get to keep a few special ones for myself, and I also remember making a custom Green Jackets Regiment (well the Napoleonic predecessors) set for my dad's birthday once.

My favourite job was the faces - embelleshing with sideburns, mustaches etc. I hated Kilts the most. Do you know how hard it is to paint tiny thin straight vertical lines on sloping uneven metal...

From the research I did today, it looks like Len grew it into a biggish business - a report he did said he was employing 50+ outworkers after the internet took off. Seems like he retired finally, and may have sold the business to a Texas company?

Thought you might like to hear from an Alumni :) Think this was my first ever paid job.

Winton Davies

Dear Winton: I was a big time collector of Trophy Miniatures back in mid 1990's. We paid a visit to Trophy when in UK in 1995. Trophy was then (old BP bldg.) in Sully, Wales just outside of Pennarth, Wales on July 9, 1995. Len taylor was a more gracious host. My wife & I enjoyed our visit there. Trophy was sold to an English firm in late 2006 who is only producing a very tiny part of the old Trophy line in matt paint jobs. "Iron Brigade" - Gary in Wisconsin, USA 11/30/2009

Dear Winton: I was a big time collector of Trophy Miniatures back in mid 1990's. We paid a visit to Trophy when in UK in 1995. Trophy was then (old BP bldg.) in Sully, Wales just outside of Pennarth, Wales on July 9, 1995. Len taylor was a more gracious host. My wife & I enjoyed our visit there. Trophy was sold to an English firm in late 2006 who is only producing a very tiny part of the old Trophy line in matt paint jobs. "Iron Brigade" - Gary in Wisconsin, USA 11/30/2009

Hi Gary,

This is most interesting, can I ask who? I was under the impression Maison Militaire had the moulds but had not done anything with them.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Martyn,

I join Brian in wishing you "Good Hunting" at the show in London this weekend.

Hopefully, Jeff (aujj65) will be able to get some good pictures of the Trophy sets to post on the forum.

Best of Luck, Raymond.:)

Many thanks Raymond

Cheers

Here's the Calendar for December to help you schedule your Christmas shopping and planning other events you need to remind yourselves of.

calendar030371242dfc9dd11be57f6af05.jpg

Thanks for the calendar Joe

Cheers

Hi Gary,

This is most interesting, can I ask who? I was under the impression Maison Militaire had the moulds but had not done anything with them.

Thanks

Scott
Maison Militaire have released in matt the Trophy WWI bus. I saw a review in one of the Toy Soldier magazines.

I purchased a WWI bus from Maison Militaire about a year ago. I was expecting Len's dark green glossy color but received an olive drab matt bus instead. It was well done. It never dawned in me he would change the color. He said he was going to concentrate on Waterloo and let DragonCrest remain idle. I haven't heard or seen anything about him since then. Tommy

I purchased a WWI bus from Maison Militaire about a year ago. I was expecting Len's dark green glossy color but received an olive drab matt bus instead. It was well done. It never dawned in me he would change the color. He said he was going to concentrate on Waterloo and let DragonCrest remain idle. I haven't heard or seen anything about him since then. Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the forum.

Raymond.

Welcome aboard Tommy, any chance we can see pictures of your Trophy collection?

Cheers

Hello tommy, i met you a few years ago in chicago in mike's room. I know you probably have one of the most extensive trophy collections in the world and it would be wonderful if you could share some pictures of your collection on the forum. Of course you could be like me, computer challenged and lack of time. But hopefully you could because there are a few hardcore trophy addicts on this forum. Thanks greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back