Trophy of Wales (2 Viewers)

Look to your front, mark the target when it comes.

P1080835.jpg

P1080833.jpg

P1080817.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

Are they any more photos to follow the above of what took place on this date at Isandlwana 131 years ago Martyn. Hopefully you've a few more in the wings. Great line from the Movie Zulu Dawn used in featuring your photos.

Are they any more photos to follow the above of what took place on this date at Isandlwana 131 years ago Martyn. Hopefully you've a few more in the wings. Great line from the Movie Zulu Dawn used in featuring your photos.

Glad you like it Joe, here's another

At one hundred yards volley fire, present, aim, fire!

P1080853.jpg

P1080837.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

Glad you like it Joe, here's another

At one hundred yards volley fire, present, aim, fire!

P1080853.jpg

P1080837.jpg

Cheers

Great photos an was willing to bet Martyn you had the above wainting in the wings and hope you don't mind my joining in with the effects of the volley fire.

2003-2.jpg

2004-1.jpg

Great photos an was willing to bet Martyn you had the above wainting in the wings and hope you don't mind my joining in with the effects of the volley fire.

2003-2.jpg

2004-1.jpg

Excellent pictures Joe

Cheers

131 years ago today The Battle of Inyezane

Here the 2/3rd Foot (the Buffs) , along with a 9pdr and Gatling gun from the Naval Brigade, face and defeat a Zulu impi on January 22nd 1879, the same day the fight at Isandhlwana went so disastrously wrong for the 24th Foot.

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane.jpg

Midshipman Lewis C. Coker of HMS Active commanded the Gatling gun

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane3.jpg

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane7.jpg

Naval Brigade 9pdr

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane5.jpg

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane8.jpg

Zulu casualties begin to mount

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane1.jpg

Volley fire

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane4.jpg

Reloading

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane2.jpg

Ready for the next charge

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane6.jpg

Copied from the Diorama section

Cheers

131 years ago today The Battle of Inyezane

Here the 2/3rd Foot (the Buffs) , along with a 9pdr and Gatling gun from the Naval Brigade, face and defeat a Zulu impi on January 22nd 1879, the same day the fight at Isandhlwana went so disastrously wrong for the 24th Foot.

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane.jpg

Midshipman Lewis C. Coker of HMS Active commanded the Gatling gun

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane3.jpg

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane7.jpg

Naval Brigade 9pdr

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane5.jpg

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane8.jpg

Zulu casualties begin to mount

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane1.jpg

Volley fire

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane4.jpg

Reloading

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane2.jpg

Ready for the next charge

ZULUWAR-BattleofNyezane6.jpg

Copied from the Diorama section

Cheers

Martyn,

You make some really nice displays with your collection. How many years have you been collecting Trophy?

Jeff

Martyn,

You make some really nice displays with your collection. How many years have you been collecting Trophy?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I've been collecting on and off for nearly 20 years

Cheers

Hi Martyn: Do you have EQ47(12lb Armstrong Breach Loading Field Gun) with officer, three gunners and emplacement, Indian Artillery Gun Battery in blue uniforms for the Northwest Frontier(India)? I have the China set in Khaki but have never seen the set in blue uniforms. Thanks and best regards,

Hi Martyn: Do you have EQ47(12lb Armstrong Breach Loading Field Gun) with officer, three gunners and emplacement, Indian Artillery Gun Battery in blue uniforms for the Northwest Frontier(India)? I have the China set in Khaki but have never seen the set in blue uniforms. Thanks and best regards,

Hi Tommy

This is my set

SET#EQ47

NORTH WEST FRONTIER

INDIAN ARTILLERY GUN BATTERY

P1060912.jpg

Cheers

Sorry I'm late but here's Trophy's Calendar for Feburary and hope it's a great month for all.

calendar153e682bc2e00131d0d64068d1f.jpg

Gotten scolded for not playing with them at all this month so made up for it with a little playtime today....The Lt.

TrophyatIsandlwana2019.jpg

Bora Dha Folks
What a terrific set photos Joe,your style improves all the time,I find it very rewarding to see members getting so much pleasure from Trophy figures.
Had two regular visitors yesterday,Tommy from Newport,who has one of the best Trophy collections in the area,Tommy of Swansea who as a good collecter friend on limited means was able to get hold of some unpainted castings,so he has a unique collections of conversions ,with very limited display space he rings the changes regulary.
Tommy N brought me over a brochure that I did for ZS74 THE ONLY ONE.have you all seen it ? Tells the story of Private Sam Wassall and how he won his V.C on that fateful day,I was amazed at how few Zulu Buffs had heard of this incident.
Hers;s to the next time.Regards Len

Bora Dha Folks
What a terrific set photos Joe,your style improves all the time,I find it very rewarding to see members getting so much pleasure from Trophy figures.
Had two regular visitors yesterday,Tommy from Newport,who has one of the best Trophy collections in the area,Tommy of Swansea who as a good collecter friend on limited means was able to get hold of some unpainted castings,so he has a unique collections of conversions ,with very limited display space he rings the changes regulary.
Tommy N brought me over a brochure that I did for ZS74 THE ONLY ONE.have you all seen it ? Tells the story of Private Sam Wassall and how he won his V.C on that fateful day,I was amazed at how few Zulu Buffs had heard of this incident.
Hers;s to the next time.Regards Len

Hi Len

That one is top of my "Hit Parade"

Cheers

Attachments

• only one.jpg
    only one.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 186
Here's Tropy's March Calendar with a twist featuring my favorite mounted figures of the 17th Lancers against two WB Zulus. Guess who came out ahead. Martyn had a hunch you'd reply to Len's last post the way you did and very nicely done...The Lt.

calendarb939a62ca9ad1f4cf1b574d66b5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back