Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Re: Walking Dead

I agree with Brad.Sit back and enjoy it.You don't have to pick it apart.
Mark

I agree with Brad.Sit back and enjoy it.You don't have to pick it apart.
Mark

I tend to agree also. All the intel in the world wouldn't necessarily prepare you for whats behind closed doors. It's good to see the group go on the offensive for a change, instead of sitting back and waiting for the inevitable. The attack by the Wolves showed just how valnerable they are to an attack and this Negan crew look far more dangerous than the Wolves ever were.

Lets face it sooner or later the 'Saviours' were going to show up and do the business. Judging by the nice collection of photographs on the wall, it's pretty clear Negan's going to do the nasty with someones head very soon. The obvious would be either Carol or Megan or both, but then again this show is full of surprises.{eek3}

I havent read the books but I agree. Maggie foreshadowed this very thing when she said to Rick "Its going to cost us something". No doubt. Major (and minor) character deaths are coming, as well as the end to some of those burgeoning romances, I would guess.

I missed last weeks episode but recorded it. I chose not to watch it till just before last nights. I found it quite enjoyable watching two new episodes back to back. I may do so again -- on purpose.

Course, Ill have to be careful about what I read in the week between.

I think, that when she said that "It's going to cost us something" she meant cold blood killing will present a moral dilema for them; they are not soldiers but simple civilians, not trained for war but engulfed in a survival war .

I think, that when she said that "It's going to cost us something" she meant cold blood killing will present a moral dilema for them; they are not soldiers but simple civilians, not trained for war but engulfed in a survival war .

Perhaps she meant both - costing their humanity and the lives of their crew.

I don't know that anyone in the WD world can be considered a simple civilian. No matter what Morgan believes, the mere act of survival has effectively trained most to be warriors. What's harder to accept is the role of assassin. But those pictures on the wall reminded us that a peaceful looking sleeper may actually be a sadistic killer when awake.

Ultimately, it appears a basic case of 'Kill them all, and let God sort them out'. Survival is all that counts in the WD world. The Fighting Priest can save them later, after all, one has to be alive to worry about moral dilemmas. Go team! -- Al

You guys are way over analyzing this. It's a show, entertainment, not history. The director/writers strove to create tension in audience in the confrontation and they did and with the coming attractions they continued that sense of tension, which I'm sure the audience will feel when they sit down to watch the next episode next week.

Understood; the problem for me is I go in and out on this show as afterall, the bottom line is it's a show about zombies.

My only issue is Rick would have basic police training and when you do a raid, you scout out the location first to be sure the main person you are after is actually there.

That said; if he was and he died, that does not fit the narrative here, which is; they do the raid and wipe out a portion of the group and............oh gee, what do you know, Negan just happened not to be there at 5:00AM with the rest of group, he was off doing somethinge else.

How else is he going to be the new bad guy now for a boatload of episodes if he gets killed in the raid?

Ok, I get it, back to the zombies.......................or back to being a zombie watching a show about zombies.....................

Negan is in the last episode of the year.He is not dead.
Mark

Negan is in the last episode of the year.He is not dead.
Mark

Yeah, that's been laid out all over YouTube and the internet and by now, we all know he gets introduced by killing off a major character because as is the pattern with this show, a major character goes bye bye the last episode of each season..................I know who I have as the leader in the clubhouse to be the victim, it's pretty obvious who it will be at this point................and that's without reading the comics.................

Yeah, that's been laid out all over YouTube and the internet and by now, we all know he gets introduced by killing off a major character because as is the pattern with this show, a major character goes bye bye the last episode of each season..................I know who I have as the leader in the clubhouse to be the victim, it's pretty obvious who it will be at this point................and that's without reading the comics.................

PPIIICCCKKK MMMEEE! III KKNNOOWWW! III KKNNOOWW!:eek:Michael

Understood; the problem for me is I go in and out on this show as afterall, the bottom line is it's a show about zombies.

My only issue is Rick would have basic police training and when you do a raid, you scout out the location first to be sure the main person you are after is actually there.

That said; if he was and he died, that does not fit the narrative here, which is; they do the raid and wipe out a portion of the group and............oh gee, what do you know, Negan just happened not to be there at 5:00AM with the rest of group, he was off doing somethinge else.

How else is he going to be the new bad guy now for a boatload of episodes if he gets killed in the raid?

Ok, I get it, back to the zombies.......................or back to being a zombie watching a show about zombies.....................

That episode was like something out of Hogan's Heroes where they stage a massive raid and none of the good guys gets a scratch. I can sustain a certain amount of dramatic license but it was a bit silly when they were opening bedroom doors, showing angst, and then slitting throats without anyone waking up. Very sound sleepers those bad guys. And then the time honored firefight with automatic weapons in which the bad guys are mowed down like the lawn while not a single one of Rick's group is hit. That's TV for you though.

That episode was like something out of Hogan's Heroes where they stage a massive raid and none of the good guys gets a scratch. I can sustain a certain amount of dramatic license but it was a bit silly when they were opening bedroom doors, showing angst, and then slitting throats without anyone waking up. Very sound sleepers those bad guys. And then the time honored firefight with automatic weapons in which the bad guys are mowed down like the lawn while not a single one of Rick's group is hit. That's TV for you though.
Yeah, you'd think one of the good guys would have at least caught a ricochet with all that lead flying around in those confined hallways.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Yeah, you'd think one of the good guys would have at least caught a ricochet with all that lead flying around in those confined hallways.:rolleyes2: -- Al

True but consider that if they killed off a minor character, that would have led to cries of "oh gee another character is introduced, briefly, just so he/she can die". Boorring.

Im pretty sure a major character or two will die soon. My bet is they just want more drama around those deaths rather than having them get taken out like the proverbial "crewman #2".

It takes so long to build up interest in a character that I think in the context of a TV show that there are obvious reasons to at least make their deaths more meaningful. So you can't have any such characters getting knocked off in a random shoot out the way it would have gone down in real life. Also no apparent defenseless women or children to be killed. If they were supplying food to those nitwits, why not simply poison it? Or surround the place and starve them out? Not dramatic enough for TV. I enjoy even all the unbelievable parts because it is a zombie show though.

True but consider that if they killed off a minor character, that would have led to cries of "oh gee another character is introduced, briefly, just so he/she can die". Boorring.

Im pretty sure a major character or two will die soon. My bet is they just want more drama around those deaths rather than having them get taken out like the proverbial "crewman #2".
True. At least they don't wear red shirts.:wink2: -- Al

Good episode, again. Carol and Maggie do know how to take care of themselves. Beginning to worry about Carol as she appears to be beginning to buckle under the weight of doing what it takes to survive, but she still carries on, despite the cost she pays.
Anyone know about the Colt Rick carries? Is it a stainless Python or Anaconda? I know the show referred to it as a Python, but the 2 are hard to tell apart, with the Anaconda being a .44 mag or .45LC, and the Python being a .357. It looks like the slightly beefier Anaconda to me. -- Al

Yes excellent episode but it's beginning to look like Rick's group is getting the rep for being the bad guys.
Mark

So they are all Negan then as that woman said? 'No? Oh wait; was the motorcycle rider Negan like he said he was before he got his brains blown out? No?

Oh wait; is this like the "I AM SPARTACUS!!" scene from that movie then right?

The internet has ruined any sort of surprise regarding Negan and his bat wrapped in barbed wire; it would be cool if they went in a completely different direction and there was no big reveal like we all think is coming.......................that was a great episode by the way, very well done....................

So they are all Negan then as that woman said? 'No? Oh wait; was the motorcycle rider Negan like he said he was before he got his brains blown out? No?

The internet has ruined any sort of surprise regarding Negan and his bat wrapped in barbed wire; it would be cool if they went in a completely different direction and there was no big reveal like we all think is coming.......................that was a great episode by the way, very well done....................

No one is making you google Walking Dead cheat notes on the internet.....OH WAIT, you are a Bill Belichek fan...^&grin Michael

If the truth be known, outside of Rick, Carol, Daryl and Glenn, would we care about any of the other characters getting knocked off? If I were the writers, those 4 would be untouchable as they are series fan favorites. Kill off anyone else in the finale and you will not have fan loyalty tested and twitter/facebook blow back.... Michael

No one is making you google Walking Dead cheat notes on the internet.....OH WAIT, you are a Bill Belichek fan...^&grin Michael

No googling, it's all over the internet, specifically YouTube..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back