Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (8 Viewers)

I too am amazed that they bumped him off so quickly, thought it would take at least five or six long, drawn out episodes.

And maybe it's me, but I thought it was odd that Daryl didn't really say goodbye, he just mumbled something and wandered off, sort of strange.

I guess I'm at the point with this where in reality, how long can you drag out a show about zombies, it's basically played out at this point.

And the Rick dream sequences are getting annoying, back and forth, back and forth, they keep revealing spoilers too............so Eugene becomes a good guy again, Neegan is also a good guy in the future too?

Really?

Whatever.

The dream sequence was Carl's dream for the future where people bury their differences. It went poof! when he did.

I don't think the show has gotten that bad.I think we are just used to it.Most shows after 5 or 6 years lose that uniqueness that draw us to them in the first place.That's what happen to me with the X-Files,Stargate SG-1 and others.
Mark

That was the longest death sequence in history. Brutal. I was ready to bash Carl over the head with a shovel about five minutes in. The long speeches on this show have become unbearable. If Carl had enough energy to deliver that lecture, he could have lived until a hundred. It felt like he did. Cutting back and forth with the Carol/Morgan Rambo-assault didn't help. And next week we get those annoying Star Trek people again.

Yeah, just like the group's other attempts to normalize by settling down, Alexandria hasn't exactly worked out for the best. The group just needs to get back on the road and deal with zombies and finding a cure as opposed to the on-going battle against one group of bozos after another. I know it must be cheaper to lock everyone to one locale, but this show was much better when they are all on the road going somewhere, anywhere, even when the group was scattered. It was always interesting to see what was happening to the various group members as they met their own obstacles, plus they were always vulnerable to the zombies, whether on an individual basis or when running into huge groups. They always had to be on watch. The zombies have become nothing but background noise (despite Carl the Dork being chomped). I still think the writers should morph the zombies into a bigger threat and downplay the constant warfare between the survivors. It has just gotten stale. A new breed of zombie needs to emerge to reestablish the threat. JMO. -- Al

Taking carl an awfully long time,,,things run their course and this has,,

They could have cut a lot out and made this an hour long program. I could have done without the "future" scenes, Negan living in harmony come on !!!

On reflection, I think this show started to decline when the writers cheated on Glen's first death, ie., getting trapped on the dumpster and having no way out but then escaping by hiding under the dumpster (?!) with none of the 100 or so zombies being aware of it. That ticked me off. The writers didn't cheat on Carl's farewell but they sure did squeeze the last drops out of the drama tree in the process. Time for a fresh outlook here. Time for SuperZombie! -- Al

Just watched "The Ravenous" on Netflix. A French-Canadian zombie flick. It has some of the stuff missing from the recent TWD. Lots of walking around in the woods being chased by zombies. A bit of a slow burn film though with some zombie weirdness. But worth a watch.

I have a theory of how the show will end. The whole thing was a dream of Rick's he had while laying in the hospital after getting shot in the first episode. And all the main characters will be hospital staff. Like maybe Dr. Negan

I have a theory of how the show will end. The whole thing was a dream of Rick's he had while laying in the hospital after getting shot in the first episode. And all the main characters will be hospital staff. Like maybe Dr. Negan
Rumor has it that WD's writers are 'Dallas' fans.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Just watched "The Ravenous" on Netflix. A French-Canadian zombie flick. It has some of the stuff missing from the recent TWD. Lots of walking around in the woods being chased by zombies. A bit of a slow burn film though with some zombie weirdness. But worth a watch.

What a depressing movie, but then again, a zombie plague will result in depression.................something about fast zombies that makes them scarier too..........

So sort of a Wizard of Oz ending..............that has been floated as the ending, which truthfully would be a real troll job on the fans, it was all a dream would not be good, but then again, how does a zombie plague end well unless a cure is found.

Oh man . . . Simon is not a very good listener . . . he's going to get on the wrong side of Negan . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Good episode tonight. The Junk Yard Dogs learned that what goes around, comes around. Negan actually has feelings...of a sort. -- Al

Good episode tonight. The Junk Yard Dogs learned that what goes around, comes around. Negan actually has feelings...of a sort. -- Al

Yes, we got rid of Carl and the Star Trek people in back to back episodes. Some of the most annoying characters. Carl may be dead but his notes live on. I bet they stretch that storyline out for the rest of the season with weepy appeals for peace.

I actually like Jadis. I hope she’s not done as a character. However, Rick is getting on my nerves. Maybe Carl was right.

I actually like Jadis. I hope she’s not done as a character. However, Rick is getting on my nerves. Maybe Carl was right.

I never clued in as to why she talks like a Trekkie. She didn't seem to be doing that at the end of the last episode. Very weird even in the context of this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back