Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (5 Viewers)

Re: Walking Dead

If the truth be known, outside of Rick, Carol, Daryl and Glenn, would we care about any of the other characters getting knocked off? If I were the writers, those 4 would be untouchable as they are series fan favorites. Kill off anyone else in the finale and you will not have fan loyalty tested and twitter/facebook blow back.... Michael

For me, throw in Maggie and Ricks new "love interest".........., those 6 are off limits for me.

Everyone else could get bumped off and I wouldn't care.

I guess the problem Michael is it's not a series based on a concept some writer dreamed up, it's based on the comic books, so in effect, the script is already written, certain characters are doomed as a result.

That said, wasn't it you who told me Daryl's character is not in the comic books?

If any of those 6 die, yes, there will be severe blowback, but maybe they are looking for shock value and don't care about the blowback.......

I'm worried about Carol as her conscience is starting to bother her (Morgan's influence no doubt)If you hesitate in their world you die.
Mark

Why anybody would watch any of this series escapes me, but for fans in Los Angles this Summer
here's an orgasm......

We watch it because we enjoy it.I have never been a big fan of zombie movies but this is different,a cut above the rest.
Mark

Any chance Carol was putting on a harmless act until she saw a chance to fight? She pulled that when she arrived in Alexandria.

Again, don't be the talkative type or you end up like a "Red Shirt".

This episode almost passed the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bechdel_test

I think Carol was putting on one big act for the Neganites. Crazy like a fox she was.

I thought that was a decent episode with a lot of action. I did think at first that Carol was faking but given that never went anywhere it seemed more and more like she is suffering PTSD. Keeping track of the number of people she had killed, shooting the guy in the arm instead of killing him, shown talking with Morgan in the next episode etc. It seemed more like she and others are starting to crack. Along the same theme of Rick struggling with his survival of the fittest mentality vs displaying some type of humanity. They did double down on the prior episode's silliness in that Rick's group can wipe out so many others without taking any real casualties. I particularly like the group of armed guys who blundered into the "kill" room that must have reeked of gasoline and politely stood around waiting for Carol to barbecue them. That's TV though.

I thought that was a decent episode with a lot of action. I did think at first that Carol was faking but given that never went anywhere it seemed more and more like she is suffering PTSD. Keeping track of the number of people she had killed, shooting the guy in the arm instead of killing him, shown talking with Morgan in the next episode etc. It seemed more like she and others are starting to crack. Along the same theme of Rick struggling with his survival of the fittest mentality vs displaying some type of humanity. They did double down on the prior episode's silliness in that Rick's group can wipe out so many others without taking any real casualties. I particularly like the group of armed guys who blundered into the "kill" room that must have reeked of gasoline and politely stood around waiting for Carol to barbecue them. That's TV though.

Negan has now lost some 50 fighters to Rick's 0...Seems like in any Zombie universe, loosing 50 guns would be the end of any group, but I am guessing reality rules do not apply in fantasy writing..Michael

Carol picks a good time to get a conscience.
Mark

Carol picks a good time to get a conscience.
Mark
Yeah, what's that all about? And now she goes walk-about? Another lesson from Zombie World is 'Always kill your enemies, permanently.' Everytime one of the group shows mercy and let's an enemy walk away, the enemy always returns with a vengeance. Rick is right. Kill 'em all. -- Al

Yeah, what's that all about? And now she goes walk-about? Another lesson from Zombie World is 'Always kill your enemies, permanently.' Everytime one of the group shows mercy and let's an enemy walk away, the enemy always returns with a vengeance. Rick is right. Kill 'em all. -- Al

She might be walking into being the main cast member who Negan kills....^&grin just saying, no inside info, because the inside info that is out there, would not sit well with any fan...{eek3}

She might be walking into being the main cast member who Negan kills....^&grin just saying, no inside info, because the inside info that is out there, would not sit well with any fan...{eek3}
Huge article in the Washington Post this AM about the WD, and it contains several spoilers that could or could not come to pass, depending on how close to the comics the writers stay.:wink2: -- Al

That's a great defense, everybody taking off in all directions.{eek3}:rolleyes2:
Mark

That's a great defense, everybody taking off in all directions.{eek3}:rolleyes2:
Mark
Really. 7 main characters out and running who knows where. Carol is still a butt-kicker.^&grin -- Al

Yet another winner with a great cliff-hanger ending and the promise of a real mess in next weeks finale. -- Al

Yet another winner with a great cliff-hanger ending and the promise of a real mess in next weeks finale. -- Al

Just a note, the guy Rick and Morgan met at the barn, was looking for his horse and had body armor on..There is a third settlement in the book called the Kingdom that have horsemen in body armor...Just saying. At this point, Glenn is probably safe from Negan ( why kill him after faking his death earlier..fans would think it cheesy )..Michael

Just a note, the guy Rick and Morgan met at the barn, was looking for his horse and had body armor on..There is a third settlement in the book called the Kingdom that have horsemen in body armor...Just saying. At this point, Glenn is probably safe from Negan ( why kill him after faking his death earlier..fans would think it cheesy )..Michael

So is the guy with the melted face part of Negan's group, I assume so...............what about the four clam brains in the pick up truck who Carol offed, were they part of his group too? If so, that's quite a large group, or I should say it used to be a large group as between the compound massacre, the massacre at the former slaughter house, the bikers who got wiped out on the road by the RPG, the half dozen or so in the pick up truck and the members who died at the railroad tracks firefight, he's lost about 50 members or so................oh and whahoo, I saw the bat with the barbed wire wrapped around it in the preview of next weeks episode.........................ruh ro, someone is a goner...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back