Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (6 Viewers)

I thought it was a pretty good episode myself.Yeah some of the writing hasn't been up to par but if you go back over the seasons there are episodes every year your not crazy about.As for losing fans by the second they must be picking up new ones by the second also as their ratings are still strong.If your going to jump ship everytime an episode is not non stop action your not a real fan.I don't mean you personally George just people in general.
Mark

I kind of like Negan's sadistic humor. He can really carry a scene. Is there some backstory in the books about what he did before the zombie plague? A convict?

I heard he was a car salesman but I don't know if that's true.
Mark

It's getting to the point where I'm embarrassed to say I'm a fan of this show.

The stooge holds a red hot iron to a guys face and some skin gets pulled off; in reality, that would have gone right down to the bone.

And Carl; he hides in the back of a truck, shoots a couple of guys, has a clear shot at villain #1 and doesn't take it................goes from an angry youth to crying and asking what are you going to do with me, sob, sob................................and the baby; for the love of God, if anything sickening or disgusting happens to the baby, I'll have to give up due to moral principles.........................this show is losing viewers by the second, the writing this season outside of the first episode has been God awful.

How can they kill off characters like Glenn and Abraham and leave us with that lummox Eugene, that fleabrain Carol, some stooge named Jesus and a boatload of red shirts from Alexandria who I could care less about?

Good Lord.

Read the books...and you already have the scripts for this season....boring. Michael

Read the books...and you already have the scripts for this season....boring. Michael
I have to admit that I have never read a single book/comic about this series, so everyone and every story line comes as a surprise to me, which is fine by me. No point in knowing what is coming, at least from my POV. -- Al

I kind of like Negan's sadistic humor. He can really carry a scene. Is there some backstory in the books about what he did before the zombie plague? A convict?

Nope, he taught gym class.................I had a gym teacher in high school just like this guy; ex marine, was also our football coach, the only thing missing was Lucille, he carried a golf putter instead. And no lie; in the back of all of our minds, we thought at any moment he'd blow a gasket and crack one of us over the head with it, especially during football practice.

His favorite drill was "Bull in the ring"; anyone who's ever played high school football knows what that one is.......................

I am loving it. Negan rocks in a weird sort of way. I love that he makes you squirm and brings you to thoughts about what he might do to Judith and your reaction if he did. I love his non political correctness, I think there are some people that could use a dose of Negan in real life to be honest.

He's a trip and a half. He's so evil it's good. That scene with Olivia where she slaps him after he propositioned her and he said "oh, I'm so 50% more into you" cracked me up.

Nope, he taught gym class.................I had a gym teacher in high school just like this guy; ex marine, was also our football coach, the only thing missing was Lucille, he carried a golf putter instead. And no lie; in the back of all of our minds, we thought at any moment he'd blow a gasket and crack one of us over the head with it, especially during football practice.

His favorite drill was "Bull in the ring"; anyone who's ever played high school football knows what that one is.......................

Sounds like our high school coach too, also an ex Marine, Coach Bury. He was about 5' 6" and tough as they come. By the way, there is no such thing as an ex or former Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

I have to admit that I have never read a single book/comic about this series, so everyone and every story line comes as a surprise to me, which is fine by me. No point in knowing what is coming, at least from my POV. -- Al

Al, I with you man. I have never even seen an episode of this show and know nothing of it. I dig the toy line they got for the show. In fact they are pretty darn cool. I guess I will have to marathon it one of these days.

John from Texas

Really is it that bad Michael? Are we going to be disappointed?

I'm over the Carl thingy, he hides in the back of a truck and has a perfect chance to wack Negan and some of his special friends and he has a 'moral moment'. Next thing he's on the sun porch drinking Lemonade with his new best mate. It's about now I'd expect the tiger to show up and start chewing on something human. Now that would be good.

I'm with George, we need some action and payback. The story is all over the place at the moment, but I suspect things will come together real fast?

But the story was all over the place when the prison was attacked. It can't be action packed all the time.

I know there are spoilers in here based on the show. I never read it until I am caught up - but I for one, would rather specifics of what is to come from the books not be posted. Obviously, those who have read the books know where the show is going, but since most of us just watch the show, if ok with everyone, let's limit the discussion to show specifics.

Obviously if people disagree, feel free to discuss at will and I'll stay away.

Read an article that said the viewership is slumping. They still have good numbers when compared to other shows but the viewership has fallen to Season 3 levels, ie., down from peak numbers. Reasons range as to why but the general conclusion was that the show is just 'spinning it's wheels', without any forward movement. Also mentioned were the concentration of episodes on 'minor' characters and the shift to longer episodes that simply drag out the story line without adding to it. These are all complaints that have been aired on this forum. Hope the writers are listening. --Al

But the story was all over the place when the prison was attacked. It can't be action packed all the time.

Absolutely, it wasn't really a criticism, but more of an observation. The entire series has been a bit like that which keeps you guessing and one of the main reasons I enjoy watching it.

I have a mate at work whose decided to start watching the series and made a comment how it took him a bit of time to work out what was going on because of all the different story lines. Was interesting to hear his feedback as he has never seen the first two series and wasn't familiar with all the back stories.

Last edited:
Mid-Season Finale (?) tonight.Lets see what it brings.{eek3}^&grin
Mark

OOO, the rare upbeat ending. Kind of different, but an episode I liked quite a bit. And the force of retribution are beginning to gather... ^&cool -- Al

I enjoyed this episode, nice way to finish the mid season, no cliff hanger................is it February yet?

Everyone has a breaking point and Rick is there, the group is there, enough is enough.

The !@#$ is about to get real; you can't just come to Alexandria and start killing people left and right and think Rick will be ok with it.

He's had it, Daryl is back, it's go time.........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back