Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (14 Viewers)

Per word of dialogue, the guy who plays Daryl must be the highest paid actor in the world. He got in about three words so far this season. A good final episode. The story arc coming together building up Negan as the supreme bad guy before he gets his backside handed to him. A bit of game of thrones with all the different groups getting ready to rumble.

Will be interesting to see what the 'new' guy is all about after Rick & co pinched his stuff......I'm going to nick name him 'boots' from now on as that is all we've really seen of him thus far.:wink2:

Pretty low-key opening episode but one that continues to set the stage. Time for retribution. -- Al

Really weird episode this week between the terrible CGI effects for the tiger (where are Siegfried and Roy now that we finally need them?) and Rick's empire of trash. Was that new group nerd survivors from Comic Con? What was with their weird speech like they were trying to be Droogs from Clockwork Orange or Spock's nutty relatives? At least Daryl got a couple of lines.

Well, wait and see .
Carol will finaly learn the death of Gleen and Abraham

A bit of a filler episode this week with Eugene. He reminded me a bit of Jonathen Harker in Dracula with the three women dressed in black visiting him with dark intentions. Or maybe I made that connection up. Old Negan is still one of the better characters although Lucille is getting a bit old. Either bash someone with it or move on.

It was a seemigly filler episode, but I enjoyed it. I liked at one point as Eugene was walking away, he had a pretty good smirk on his face. i am thinking Eugene "being neegan" will be a big act and he will be the "inside" man when the revolt comes.

I liked the episode, as well. I also feel that Eugene might be a little tougher than he lets on. I think Scarface might also turn on Negan. -- Al

Some good zombie action this week. I particularly liked the bloated woman at the water pistol house. Not so much the fake deer though who turned out to be slower than Rick who pulled the old man in a box trick as Maxwell Smart might say. With all the revenue this show generates can't they find a real deer or generate a decent CGI image? Most annoying group goes to those new folks who for some unknown reason are speaking like Star Trek fans at a Spock convention. They are weird even in the post-apocalypse zombie world context.

Some good zombie action this week. I particularly liked the bloated woman at the water pistol house. Not so much the fake deer though who turned out to be slower than Rick who pulled the old man in a box trick as Maxwell Smart might say. With all the revenue this show generates can't they find a real deer or generate a decent CGI image? Most annoying group goes to those new folks who for some unknown reason are speaking like Star Trek fans at a Spock convention. They are weird even in the post-apocalypse zombie world context.
Yeah, I don't get the weirdo language aspects of the junk yard dogs, either. Society hasn't been gone long enough for a whole new language to evolve in this manner. -- Al

As with House of Cards, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Black Sails, The Strain, American Horror Story, Fear the WD and a few others I can't even remember the names of, I'm very close to being thru with WD. The wife and I have been big fans of this series since day 1, but we both agree that the series has run out of ideas, at least other than completely nonsensical ones, and has official jumped the shark. Will hang in there for the time being, but at this point I can't wait for Better Call Saul and the next installment of Fargo.

B.

More filler this week. The Morgan/Carol dynamic is truly weird. Carol finally seems to have recharged her whoop *rse batteries and it's time for some REVENGE. {eek3}

Liked very much this last episode
Undertitle for this season : How to build an army

I saw last night where there are only 2 episodes left, which means a relatively quick wrap-up to the Savior situation, or another (duh) cliff-hanging final episode as a prelide to dragging out the Savior story line into next season. Personally, I hope Rick and gang solve the problem with a bloodbath, and we can get back to zombies as the main threat rather than continuing the run of bad guy after bad guy. I still think the writers need to morph the zombies into a bigger threat, somehow making them faster, or maybe a super-zombie with some sort of brain that can maybe be a leader/organizer. Could be it's time for Rick and gang to hit the road, again. Road trip! Then again, WD fans should probably be thankful I'm not a writer for the show.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I'm glad your not ^&grin as I think a super zombie wouldn't fly.I think JD Morgan signed for 2 seasons total but I agree it's time to end the Saviors reign.I thought the Governor was more interesting. What would be interesting is if they could find out what caused the plague.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back