Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (5 Viewers)

Just seen last episode ....

Jusr after : I saw Fear the Walking Dead S04E01

See them in that order............

Like Mirof, I watched the 2 shows last night and actually found the FTWD the much more interesting show. Morgan's cross country trek is the kind of thing WD needs to return to, new locations, people, dangers, and such on a somewhat regular basis keeps the action and interest level up, for me anyhow. While I keep watching WD, it has become preachy, predictable, and very stuck in place. As Willie says, the WD just needs to 'get back on the road again'. I have never read any of the comics, had no hint of last night's episode, but I had figured long ago that Eugene would do exactly what he did. Just too predictable. And Rick still hasn't managed to finish off Negan, even after Death Match #101. Haven't watched FTWD since the first season but I will give it another shot. At least Morgan is still an interesting character. -- Al

FTWD has proven to be the more interesting of the two shows IMO. TWD has turned into a silly soap opera, with the predictable repetition of plots twists and turns etc.

The only reason I still watch TWD to be candid is to see Lauren Cohan's beautiful face.:D

I lost interest in FTWD some time ago, just couldn't get into another show about zombies, one is enough.

****************************SPOILER ALERT*****************

I don't understand the deal last night at all; what is the point of keeping Negan alive? To let him sit in a cell for the rest of his life?

So now Maggie and Daryl are going to take Rick down?

Morgan wanders off and joins the other show?

Does everyone stay at Hilltop and hold hands or do they rebuild Alexandria?

And Negan's people just join the group like nothing happened?

And Scarface after helping out Rick's group gets kicked to the curb?

So many questions.......................so little answers.

I lost interest in FTWD some time ago, just couldn't get into another show about zombies, one is enough.

****************************SPOILER ALERT*****************

I don't understand the deal last night at all; what is the point of keeping Negan alive? To let him sit in a cell for the rest of his life?

So now Maggie and Daryl are going to take Rick down?

Morgan wanders off and joins the other show?

Does everyone stay at Hilltop and hold hands or do they rebuild Alexandria?

And Negan's people just join the group like nothing happened?

And Scarface after helping out Rick's group gets kicked to the curb?

So many questions.......................so little answers.

Negan is still alive in the book up to the time I stopped reading cause, guess what! Another bad butt gang worse than the Saviours have popped up to start the same story line all over again, with different players..The author Kirkman, ran out of fresh ideas ,2 gangs ago..

Negan is still alive in the book up to the time I stopped reading cause, guess what! Another bad butt gang worse than the Saviours have popped up to start the same story line all over again, with different players..The author Kirkman, ran out of fresh ideas ,2 gangs ago..

Thanks for the tip Mike; I can't handle another gang, I just can't.

Maybe I'll watch all the FTWD episodes I've missed and get into that show, at least the Zombies are fresher, unlike the ideas on TWD.

Speaking of which, the herd off in the distance looks like about 30,000 zombies headed towards Rick and his people.

Thanks for the tip Mike; I can't handle another gang, I just can't.

Maybe I'll watch all the FTWD episodes I've missed and get into that show, at least the Zombies are fresher, unlike the ideas on TWD.

Speaking of which, the herd off in the distance looks like about 30,000 zombies headed towards Rick and his people.
Could be the zombies have found a leader and unionized! Maybe Hoffa has finally showed up. -- Al

FTWD has proven to be the more interesting of the two shows IMO. TWD has turned into a silly soap opera, with the predictable repetition of plots twists and turns etc.

The only reason I still watch TWD to be candid is to see Lauren Cohan's beautiful face.:D

She's not a lock to come back for season 9, she's reportedly signed on for another series on a different network, so your sole reason to keep tuning in may soon be gone.

She's not a lock to come back for season 9, she's reportedly signed on for another series on a different network, so your sole reason to keep tuning in may soon be gone.
Plus, she evidently is plotting (along with Jesus and Darryl) against Rick. Could be she's on the way to being written out. Heck, maybe she is plotting to spring Negan and elope with him. Now that would make an interesting spinoff...Join Negan and Laurie as they repopulate the Land of the Dead. I smell a hit. :wink2: -- Al

One less show I will be forced to stay tied to the boob tube for each week then. Win/win.:D

The old exploding ammo trick as Maxwell Smart would say. They just can't bear to get rid of Negan though. I've lost count of the showdowns between him and Rick and even with his throat cut he keeps on trucking. The Carl as Buddhist philosopher angle has grown really tiresome. And another long-winded speech from Rick. Ugh. The show is a conceptual mess, but I have to admit I still enjoy it with all its faults.

I just watched the last episode. They’ve set up season 9 like the end of WW II. Now that the enemy has been disposed of, we will see how the allies fight amongst one another. Megan will escape to Argentina.

I just watched the last episode. They’ve set up season 9 like the end of WW II. Now that the enemy has been disposed of, we will see how the allies fight amongst one another. Megan will escape to Argentina.

The show has really boxed itself in to the us against them storyline in which an antagonist appears to be a necessity. Negan/the Governor will just be replaced by someone else along similar lines. It's probably really difficult and risky to write a TV plot for this show without having the bad guy. And Daryl and company are already cast in a sympathetic light. I can't see them making that group into the main bad guys. Maybe exercising questionable judgment but not outright evil. There has always been the internal conflict between those that want to destroy their enemies and those that want to exercise some humanity. I would like to see the show get back into the zombie business. They have been mostly background scenery for the last few seasons. But I doubt they will change narrative direction at this point. The emphasis of the show is on the human vs human conflict. I can see Rick as the last man standing unless the actor who plays him decides to move on before the show ends. And the story arc will be that survival of the fittest (or most ruthless) is not always a reward. It can also be a punishment with Rick having to witness the demise of all his family and friends. The great unknown is how much longer the show will air. The ratings have been slipping but I would anticipate at least two to four more seasons.

I’m quickly losing interest. I skipped the last two episodes before the finale and don’t think I missed that much. I’m sure we will see the scene that Carl imagined of Rick and Negan gardening together next season. I also see the Ex Savior and Maggie getting together.

The show has really boxed itself in to the us against them storyline in which an antagonist appears to be a necessity. Negan/the Governor will just be replaced by someone else along similar lines. It's probably really difficult and risky to write a TV plot for this show without having the bad guy. And Daryl and company are already cast in a sympathetic light. I can't see them making that group into the main bad guys. Maybe exercising questionable judgment but not outright evil. There has always been the internal conflict between those that want to destroy their enemies and those that want to exercise some humanity. I would like to see the show get back into the zombie business. They have been mostly background scenery for the last few seasons. But I doubt they will change narrative direction at this point. The emphasis of the show is on the human vs human conflict. I can see Rick as the last man standing unless the actor who plays him decides to move on before the show ends. And the story arc will be that survival of the fittest (or most ruthless) is not always a reward. It can also be a punishment with Rick having to witness the demise of all his family and friends. The great unknown is how much longer the show will air. The ratings have been slipping but I would anticipate at least two to four more seasons.

Just have a look at Fear the Walking Dead S04E01 and E02
Direct follow up at the second .... and here he is, the new Negov or Govgan or ...

The actor who plays Rick is apparently leaving after the next season. That really puts this show in a bind.

The actor who plays Rick is apparently leaving after the next season. That really puts this show in a bind.
Well, Rick was pretty well done anyway once Carl bit the dust. No more angst ridden cries of 'CARRRRL!' to deliver. The writers simply need to flip the show over to the 'Darryl and Carol Hour'.:wink2: -- Al

Just found out that the actress who plays Maggie, Laura Cohen, has decided to leave the show, although I don't know exactly when. With the guy who plays Rick also on the way out, I can see an episode where they both go out in a blaze of gory. This show has to be in trouble at this point. Where does it go from here? I guess they can focus on Carol and Darryl as they will be about the last characters anyone gives a crap about. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back