What are you Favorite K&C AWI Regiments or Releases? (1 Viewer)

If K&C was to endeavor to release a full lineup of the first Continental Congress ... This collection may potentially attract many new collectors from the USA, and not necessarily collectors of toy soldiers but people just interested in American history. What do you think ...?

Bests
OD

Morning OD,
An interesting view. :confused:

If I was Andy I guess I would ask .... "How do I get those History lovers interested enough to buy 50 something figures at (maybe ??) $40 a figure. That would be (let me see ZERO time Zero is ummmm, carry the two and add ...) or heck get the calculator! {sm4}

So, would (THEY) spend $2000 over a period of a couple of years; or even a percentage to get their most meaningful figures? I would in half-a-heart beat but then that's my focus. I know I have seen K&C ads in some of my history magazines but .... ?

You wouldn't get the gamer folks to join in, and maybe not TS guys who are mostly Military focused! But we have seen a lot of non-fighting dios the last year or so and actually non-military displays.

My guess right now would be YES-60% / No-40%

How about a few more view points please?

Larry

I honestly don't think that there is a market big enough to produce the Continental Congress figures or other AWI personalities. It would be my preference but I believe that I am in the minority. It wouldn't be worth K&C's time to pursue this.

I think they will continue with the "soldier" aspect of collecting and issue some Continental regiments next year, maybe in March/April. That seems to be the frequency of AWI releases, although I am not an expert in keeping track.

As has been stated on this thread, I would welcome just about any regiment from any colony. I hope we don't have to wait too long.

Mark

I wouldn't buy any Continental Congress sets, my focus is on the military and they wouldn't add anything to the collection. I might buy AWI military personalities, however, similar to the ones done by Britains.

I don't recall WBritains doing AWI military personalities in any big way, except for a threesome set with Washington, Lafayette and one other officer. Did they do a similar command set for the British ?

It would be nice if K&C were to release military personalities together with regular troops. It would add to discussions over our AWI displays.

Bests
OD

I don't recall WBritains doing AWI military personalities in any big way, except for a threesome set with Washington, Lafayette and one other officer. Did they do a similar command set for the British ?

It would be nice if K&C were to release military personalities together with regular troops. It would add to discussions over our AWI displays.

Bests
OD

I don't think so OD, otherwise they would have been on my radar! ^&grin

I think this kind of large scale AWI diorama would look nice with K&C figures!

real.jpg

Cornwallis

That's one breadth taking diorama ... it will be stunning if you have some close-ups to share.

Bests
OD

real.jpg

That is exactly what I have planned and started to finally build. I am a looooooong way away from that today but at least it is underway.

Britains did a lot of "AWI personalities" in their earlier sets. For example Paul Revere'd Ride. I use to have a collection of them a while ago but I traded them for K&C as it was difficult to keep many vendors going.

Here is a list of the early Britains (Sorry if this is a No-N0 on the K&C forum, but it is meant as a topic of K&C compairsions) I didn't have time to catch them all but I hope it helps. If Britains can do a "Signing of the Declaration" / "Paul Revere's Ride" and a number of AWI personalities so can K&C.

American Revolution

Set Number Description
17213 Battle of Concord Bridge – 5 Figures Diorama
17213(B) Battle of Concord Bridge (Just the five figures)
17214 American Command Set – 2 figures
17215 British Command Set – 2 Figures
17216 Paul Revere on Horseback

17221 British Infantry Add-On – 3 Figures
17222 American Infantry (Minutemen) Add-On – 3 Figures
17229 Washington Crossing the Delaware – 6 Figures

17230 Signing Declaration of Independence – 5 figures / table
17236 Concord Minuteman (1 figure)

17276 American Colonel “Daniel Morgan”
17277 American “Francis Marion” “Swamp Fox”
17278 British General “Lord Cornwallis”
17279 British General “Sir William Howe”

17280 American Infantry Set #2 – 3 Figures
17281 British 52nd Regiment – Foot
17281(A) British 52nd Regiment – Foot (Standing / Firing)
17281(B) British 52nd Regiment – Foot (Casualty)
17281(C) British 52nd Regiment – Foot (At attention)

17282 Washington Crossing the Delaware Add-On – 2 figures17283 Spirit of ’76 – 3 Figures
17284 Washington Crossing the Delaware Add-On – 3 figures
17285 American 6 Pound Gun & 5 Crew
17286 Hessian Grenadier Reg.- Rall 1776 Infantry – 3 Figures

17345 American Major General “Horation Gates”
17346 American Major General “Nathaniel Greene”
17347 British Lt General “John Burgoyne”
17348 British Lt. Colonel “Banastre Tarleton”

17349 Battle of Saratoga – US Command set – 2 Figures
17350 Battle of Saratoga – British 62nd Foot Cmd. Set – 2 Fig.
17351 Germantown – British 40th Foot Command Set – 2 Fig
17352 Germantown – American 3rd New Jersey Cmd. – 2 Fig
17353 Battle of Saratoga – 2nd Mass Infantry Set – 3 Figures
17354 Battle of Saratoga – American Set – 3 Figures
17355 Battle of Saratoga – British 62nd Foot set – 3 Figures
17356 Battle of Germantown – 3rd New Jersey – 3 Figures
17357 Battle of Germantown – 40th Foot Infantry – 3 Figures

17421 American Valley Forge Set (Cabin and 5 figures)
17443 French Officer “Marquis De Lafayette”
17444 American Brigadier General “Mad” Anthony Wayne

17445 American Pennsylvania (White) Flag Bearer
17445B American “Rattlesnake” (Green) Flag Bearer

17446 British 10th Foot Lt. Infantry - 3 Figures
17447 American Massachusetts Minutemen - 3 Figures
17448 British 23rd Foot Grenadiers (Royal Welsh Fusilier) 3 Fig
17449 American Morgan Rifleman Corp 1779 – 3 Figures
17450 Continental Marines – 3 Figures
17451 Molly Pitcher w/ Cannon & 3 man crew
17536 George Washington on Horseback
17537 George Rogers Clark

17538 1st Regiment of US Dragoons – 2 Figures on Horseback
17539 17th Light Dragoons British – 2 figures on Horseback
17540 Butler’s Tory Rangers – 3 Figures
17541 18th French Gatinois Regiment – 3 Figures
17542 Iraquois Warriors – 3 Figures
17543 George Roger Clark’s Virginians – 3 Figures
17544 American “Nathan Hale”17579 British Lt. Dragoons 1780-1781 - 2 Figures on Horse
17580 Battle of Cowpens – Howard’s Maryland Continentals(3)
17581 Battle of Cowpens – 7th Regmt. Foot – Royal Fusiliers(3)
17582 23rd Regiment of Foot – Royal Welsh Fusiliers (2/Flag)
17583 Lieutenant 2nd South Carolina Regiment (Flag)
17584 South Carolina Mounted Militia – 2 Figures horseback

I'd love to see K&C do a small Lexington Green set, maybe a range of 10 figures including militia, Major Pitcairn, and British Light Infantry.

Regards,
Mike

There is so much potential isn't there, but I think we have to accept that K&C's once "Most important and colourful series" is now a very low priority and we are going to have to get use to a release of new figures once every 12-18 months.

If you think how many 'personality' figures the K&C ACW series have got compared to AWI, it shows they can be done!

Edit - Thought I was going to get this post in straight after Larrys Britains List post and it would make more sense in that order!

I'd love to see K&C do a small Lexington Green set, maybe a range of 10 figures including militia, Major Pitcairn, and British Light Infantry.

Regards,
Mike

No reason at all it can't be done, Mike.

With the K&C sets we have now it is somewhat possible but it would be a lack luster display (at least from the Colonial side.)
The British were made up of Light Infantry and grenadier companies while the colonials were just "whoever" and some Militia. We would need a Captain John Parker at a minimum to be added. Plus K&C can do a "buckman Tavern" or at least the facade. There were something like 80 to 90 colonials so 10 -15 figures [Standing / Loading / Firing / Kneeling / Wounded ] would do the trick.

First Legion has some Colonial sets that you can use for the "good guys" if you wanted to mix and match, the Colonial FL AND the K&C British. Then you can call it the .... "Battle between FL and K&C" {eek3} {eek3}

No, no, no ... I take that back ... we don't want to do that on this "FUN" and entertaining AWI thread.{sm4}

First Legion has some Colonial sets that you can use for the "good guys" if you wanted to mix and match, the Colonial FL AND the K&C British. Then you can call it the .... "Battle between FL and K&C" {eek3} {eek3}

No, no, no ... I take that back ... we don't want to do that on this "FUN" and entertaining AWI thread.{sm4}

Aw man! We got to be careful here Larry!! This has been a very enjoyable thread. Hopefully none of us AWI guys are as combative as some of the other forum members and that statement will be left alone.

I like all the manufacturers and collect from them all. They are each uniquely great.

Larry, like you I had most of the older WB AWI releases but traded them in for K&C AWI stuff. And I also maintained that WB list you provided a few posts back. I still have 3 of the British generals that I can't seem to sell for some reason. If anyone is interested.........let me know.

Mark

Attachments

• FluteRecruitSm.jpg
    FluteRecruitSm.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 146

real.jpg

Thats amazing Cornwallis, I'm really impressed, thanks so much for posting, by the way whose dio is it and can we get some more pic's please???

Toddy

Toddy, these are from a wargaming club in your neck of the woods NZ!

You should check out the Battle of Freemans Farm pictures as well, from that link on post 68 as OD mentioned.

Not quite as impressive as the Guilford Courthouse one, but there is a particularly nice shot of redcoat battle line. ^&grin

Here is a nothing special little picture I posted on here quite awhile back called 'Take Ze Prisoner Avay'

picture032l.jpg

I use the K&C colonial militia figures as Tories, as you can hardly use an measly x6 in a fight scene against the Redcoats!

Nicely done, your dioramas (and avatar {sm4} ) are always a pleasure to behold!

I was lucky enough to pick up a set of the militia, I find they work best in a small group vs. the woodland indians, and they would complement a Lexington militia series very nicely.

Here is a nothing special little picture I posted on here quite awhile back called 'Take Ze Prisoner Avay'

picture032l.jpg

I use the K&C colonial militia figures as Tories, as you can hardly use an measly x6 in a fight scene against the Redcoats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back