What else do you collect beside toy soldiers (3 Viewers)

Re: What else you collect,beside toy soldiers

I found some cool photos of German pilots who took Steiff Soldier Dolls with them into battle:

Attachments

• Soldier & Steiff Soldier Doll.jpg
    Soldier & Steiff Soldier Doll.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Soldier & Steiff Soldier Doll 2.jpg
    Soldier & Steiff Soldier Doll 2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 274

Very nice, is it a '56? Amos Minter T-bird?

B.

Thank you friends and fellow collectors,,Its a 1955,,,yes from the 'Minter collection",,But not one of his "money cars " LOL as he refers to his high end types,,A very nice down to earth business man,,this was a Modified version,,unrestored and in need of rescue,A ten year effort to make it the driver it is,,A total engine build by Minter as a purchase incentive,,now a newer 4 speed drivetrain everything fresh underneath,,electronic ign,,updated brakes,,suspension,,putting in a new red and white interior,,radial Coker tires,,total instrumentation including two gauges from an F4Corsair,,"Flaps and De icer " for conversation pieces,,Plus an exhaust system ,,Now full length side pipes ,,rivaling what your parents said not to have in high school for DBs,, ,,"you will outgrow the car BS after you graduate,,"
Best for the holidays hope to see you in San Antonio

2047.jpg
another in the collection

Thank you friends and fellow collectors,,Its a 1955,,,yes from the 'Minter collection",,But not one of his "money cars " LOL as he refers to his high end types,,A very nice down to earth business man,,this was a Modified version,,unrestored and in need of rescue,A ten year effort to make it the driver it is,,A total engine build by Minter as a purchase incentive,,now a newer 4 speed drivetrain everything fresh underneath,,electronic ign,,updated brakes,,suspension,,putting in a new red and white interior,,radial Coker tires,,total instrumentation including two gauges from an F4Corsair,,"Flaps and De icer " for conversation pieces,,Plus an exhaust system ,,Now full length side pipes ,,rivaling what your parents said not to have in high school for DBs,, ,,"you will outgrow the car BS after you graduate,,"
Best for the holidays hope to see you in San Antonio

Yes, I should have known it's a '55 as I believe the '56s came with the Continental Kit (I like the cleaner look of '55 better :wink2:). Sounds like you made it into the best of both worlds, the classic look with modern mechanics.

Nice Mustang too, always been partial to Mustangs ..... bought a brand new '70 Mach1 (my third car, first was a '65 Mustang) when I was 19, it was Grabber Orange, 351-4v, ram-air, Hurst 4-speed, slats and spoilers ..... probably my favorite car ever ..... well maybe.

Thanks for sharing your collection with us! :smile2:

B.

2049.jpg
That is one incredible clean machine.

Thank you,,a 35 yr project,,built small block,,Shelby Mods to the aft,,spoilers ,,slats,,brakes,,susp,,Modf,C4,,New mach interior,,a nice alternate dr on weekends,,,happy new year

As promised, here are the three paintings I purchased.

A late 19th century U.S. Navy collier, probably painted by a South American artist for an officer or sailor from the ship when it was in port.
83A4144A-1003-4836-A396-AFAEE9048D66.jpeg

A British painting of a First World War Naval ship.
7ED854CF-974B-48C5-A263-A7117C3F33E6.jpeg

A painting of a British frigate chasing an Ottoman pirate by Carl Bille.
47A25B1F-73A5-43D4-B4DD-5C79673591D0.jpeg

I am currently in the process of moving into D.C.. When I unpack my antiques and militaria, I will try to take some pictures.

I purchased an early 19th century Navajo blanket as well as some other bits and pieces this past week, so you can look forward to seeing those.

A part of my collection I am proud of:
A Happy New Year.jpg

I am currently in the process of moving into D.C.. When I unpack my antiques and militaria, I will try to take some pictures.

I purchased an early 19th century Navajo blanket as well as some other bits and pieces this past week, so you can look forward to seeing those.

Best of fortune in moving your collection,,,pack well and go slow,,

As promised, here are the three paintings I purchased.

A late 19th century U.S. Navy collier, probably painted by a South American artist for an officer or sailor from the ship when it was in port.
View attachment 224933

A British painting of a First World War Naval ship.
View attachment 224934

A painting of a British frigate chasing an Ottoman pirate by Carl Bille.
View attachment 224935

First rate,,Naval,,Military art ,,always appreciated

Best of fortune in moving your collection,,,pack well and go slow,,

Moving the antiques and militaria is no problem. As to my toy soldiers... that is an entirely different matter. The bulk of my collection is Napoleonics, and I have decided to let those stay with my mother until I get a proper house of my own. This time around I just took a number of items which I purchased within the last six months and are still in boxes. In the coming year, I will bring up most of my non-Napoleonic figures. I plan on lining trays with towels and just bribing them like that a few dozen at a time.

Holy cow is my wife Meredith awesome!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool She bought me this incredible, 1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe in a Shagreen Case with celestial globe gores inside the case, my dream globe, from a really nice globe dealer in London, who knows the nasty dealer on Jermyn Street who got me hooked on antique pocket globes in the first place. This was his response when he was told my story:

"I love your London story. You would have been talking about the lovely Trevor Waterman (trading as Trevor Philips) on Jermyn St.
A famous charmer!
The shop has now closed down and Trevor is retired. I don't know how he did any business as he was always so rude."

Attachments

• 1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 7.jpg
    1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 7.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 387
  • 1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 6.jpg
    1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 6.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 374
  • 1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 4 (4).jpg
    1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 4 (4).jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 3 (2).jpg
    1754 Nathaniel Hill Pocket Globe 3 (2).jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 395

I got myself a cool little birthday present this evening: A 20 inch (the largest size, with jointed knees) German Infantryman wearing a dunkelblau Waffenfrock tunic wearing a pickelhaub:

Attachments

• Steiff Soldier 20 inch 1.jpg
    Steiff Soldier 20 inch 1.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Steiff Soldier 20 inch 2.jpg
    Steiff Soldier 20 inch 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 306

My wife got me into this hobby.

That reef tank is wonderful. Good job. So much work to set up and maintain,
and to say nothing of the expense. Best diorama ever. Thanks for sharing. Cudo's
to your wife.

So jealous! I’ve wanted a tank like that for so long!

That's a BIG tank, years ago I had Gold fish and tried Tropicals, Marine tanks are a different league, very impressive setup you have there Sahara.

That reef tank is wonderful. Good job. So much work to set up and maintain,
and to say nothing of the expense. Best diorama ever. Thanks for sharing. Cudo's
to your wife.

Initially this was my wife's hobby and I got sucked in. We went from having 1 tank to 3. The one pictured is a 300gal acrylic reef tank. The other 2 are 180 acrylics. 1 is an aggressive tank and the other is a seahorse tank. Very time consuming with water changes, water testing, different feedings etc.... But well worth it, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back