What else do you collect beside toy soldiers (1 Viewer)

I also picked up this Pre-WWI U.S. Army Cap:

Attachments

• Pre-WWI US Army Cap 1.jpg
    Pre-WWI US Army Cap 1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Pre-WWI US Army Cap 2.jpg
    Pre-WWI US Army Cap 2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Pre-WWI US Army Cap 3.jpg
    Pre-WWI US Army Cap 3.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 336
You may very well know this, but the badge on the American cap is the old quartermaster insignia.

The design reminds me of the Crescent Moon and Star symbol on the belt buckle my Grandfather brought back from Gallipoli. Strange that the Allied and Axis sometimes have similar symbols, or maybe it's not so strange considering we are all Human.

I just picked up this 19 inch Hussar Doll by by the English firm of Harwin. This was an English company established in 1914 in London and profited from the ban of German imports during world war 1. Their sales manager was Fred Taylor who previously worked for Steiff's agent in the UK. They were able to copy Steiff products without fear of copyright infringement due to the war. Harwin made dolls copying Steiff's designs except that the pressed felt faces only had a seam from the nose under down the chin, and had whites painted adjacent to the black button eyes.

Attachments

• Harwin Hussar 3.jpg
    Harwin Hussar 3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Harwin Hussar 1.jpg
    Harwin Hussar 1.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 330
Here are some photos of my 3 newest arrivals in situ, a WWI Bulgarian Officer’s Cap, WWI Belgian Tunic and Harwin Hussar Doll:

Attachments

• Belgian WWI Tunic 3.jpg
    Belgian WWI Tunic 3.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Bulgarian WWI Cap.jpg
    Bulgarian WWI Cap.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 272
  • Harwin Hussar 5.jpg
    Harwin Hussar 5.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 282
Picked up another nice 19th Century Scrimshaw Tooth, a really big one!^&cool^&cool

Attachments

• Scrimshaw Tooth Man & Woman 2.jpg
    Scrimshaw Tooth Man & Woman 2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Scrimshaw Tooth Man & Woman 1.jpg
    Scrimshaw Tooth Man & Woman 1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 252
Just picked up this Steiff French Infantryman in the 1914 Uniform:

Attachments

• Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 1.jpg
    Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 1.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 3.jpg
    Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 3.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 216
Some more photos of the 1914 French Infantryman:

Attachments

• Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 2.jpg
    Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 6.jpg
    Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 6.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 5.jpg
    Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 5.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 4.jpg
    Steiff 1914 French Infantryman 4.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 249
I picked up this WWI German/Prussian IÜberrock Frock Coat of The 78th Infantry Regiment:

Attachments

• Black Beauty Returns 2.jpg
    Black Beauty Returns 2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 219
I picked up this WWI Era Dolman from a German Hussar Regiment:

Attachments

• German Hussar Dolman 1.jpg
    German Hussar Dolman 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 345
  • German Hussar Dolman 2.jpg
    German Hussar Dolman 2.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 305
All types of scale models, Militaria (including headdresses/helmets, uniforms, weapons, accouterments etc.), Firearms, Musical Instruments-mainly saxophones,
Art Deco items, Any material culture items from the Jazz Age through to the 1940s, Art, Vintage pocketwatches.......... And more!

All types of scale models, Militaria (including headdresses/helmets, uniforms, weapons, accouterments etc.), Firearms, Musical Instruments-mainly saxophones,
Art Deco items, Any material culture items from the Jazz Age through to the 1940s, Art, Vintage pocketwatches.......... And more!

Sounds great! I'd love to see some photos . . . :smile2:

Those are some gorgeous uniforms. Thank you for sharing!

On a related note, I just got back from a gun show. I didn't buy any guns, but I did buy:
  • A German Mauser bayonet with Israeli markings
  • A model gun made from wood from the USS Constitution
  • A set of American Revolutionary War campaign cutlery
  • A set of 18th century field microscopes
  • An 1890s flask

I hit the ATM withdraw limit, so I might go back tomorrow to buy a 1740s telescope and an 1800 pair of gold-plated field glasses.

Pictures to come!

I have been collecting Israeli stamps for years. I have all of them but for a few. While I wait for new releases, I’ve started collecting “stamps of Judaism” from around the world. Basically anything that pertains to Judaism. It’s a work in progress and haven’t really decided what counts and doesn’t count. If interested I’ve been scanning them as I put it together. This will be updated as I collect.

https://lang.smugmug.com/Stamps-of-Judaism/

I have been collecting Israeli stamps for years. I have all of them but for a few. While I wait for new releases, I’ve started collecting “stamps of Judaism” from around the world. Basically anything that pertains to Judaism. It’s a work in progress and haven’t really decided what counts and doesn’t count. If interested I’ve been scanning them as I put it together. This will be updated as I collect.

https://lang.smugmug.com/Stamps-of-Judaism/

Beautiful collection, I would love to see in person one day. I spent a summer in Israel back in 1970 working on a Kibbutz and touring. I returned for a visit with my family in 96 and just love the history and culture.
Politics and controversy aside you can't beat it if you are interested in history, religion and how a virtual desert was turned into a modern, high technology oasis.

It is truly a magical place. Those who get wrapped up in politics are really missing out. I went on a “Jewish” trip with my synagogue but decided to stay for an extra week after they left to see the Christian and Muslim things as well. No matter what religion you practice or beliefs you adhere to, it’s amazing. Walking the route of Christ was historically an unreal experience. I spent the day with a young man who started life as a “terrorist” for Lack of a better phrase. He spent five years in prison and now works with a joint Israeli/Arab program teaching young kids to get along. We had coffee in the Muslim quarter and met with the Arab leaders there. It was fascinating. I can’t tecommend a visit to Israel more.

It is truly a magical place. Those who get wrapped up in politics are really missing out. I went on a “Jewish” trip with my synagogue but decided to stay for an extra week after they left to see the Christian and Muslim things as well. No matter what religion you practice or beliefs you adhere to, it’s amazing. Walking the route of Christ was historically an unreal experience. I spent the day with a young man who started life as a “terrorist” for Lack of a better phrase. He spent five years in prison and now works with a joint Israeli/Arab program teaching young kids to get along. We had coffee in the Muslim quarter and met with the Arab leaders there. It was fascinating. I can’t tecommend a visit to Israel more.

Zach, I couldn’t agree more. I’m catholic and I visited Israel a year ago and it certainly is one of the most fascinating places I ever set foot on. No matter what religion you follow, Israel is an unique and beautiful experience, not to mention the unbelievable technology employed, that transformed an empty desert into an extraordinarily productive oasis! I highly recommend a trip to visit this wonderful country!

I scored a complete WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform (with two pairs of pants):

Attachments

• WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 3.jpg
    WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 3.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 352
  • WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 4.jpg
    WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 4.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 284
  • WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 6.jpg
    WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 6.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 243
  • WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 8.jpg
    WWI French Artillery Officer's Uniform 8.jpg