What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Gee Guys,

Joan of Arc really seems possessed in this miniature look at her face:eek::eek::rolleyes: ..... guess the Brits saw this miniature back then reason why they decided to burn her on the stake as a witch....hahhaha{sm4}{sm4}
Overall very nice sets, specially the samurais....
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

From Japan online store - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=HOB-FIG-6790-S001

7 different figures and 1 duplicate at random

Also had this set in same purchase - 8 figures set of Historical Hero

HeroFigures-1.jpg

But they include a duplicate Joan of Arc and "missing" one figure off this set which makes it incomplete ! :mad:

HeroFigures-2A.jpg

HeroFigures-2B.jpg

HeroFigures-3.jpg

Monogram 1/72 B17G Flying Fortress...

That's an interesting piece, but I must ask to clarify--Monogram must be a contemporary maker of die-cast models? This isn't related in any way to the old scale model kit manufacturer Monogram, currently part of Revell-Monogram today? I never heard of this line before. Are the vehicles part of the set with the B-17?

Prost!
Brad

That's an interesting piece, but I must ask to clarify--Monogram must be a contemporary maker of die-cast models? This isn't related in any way to the old scale model kit manufacturer Monogram, currently part of Revell-Monogram today? I never heard of this line before. Are the vehicles part of the set with the B-17?

Prost!
Brad

It's the old Monogram plastic kit that I've just built up. Also all the other vehicles and accessories are plastic kits which are sold separately.

It's the old Monogram plastic kit that I've just built up. Also all the other vehicles and accessories are plastic kits which are sold separately.

Ah, it's 1/48th scale, then?

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for that link! I was curious about the scale of these figures. On the online store page, it's noted that they're about 65mm tall, including the bases, so I imagine that the figures themselves, without the bases, are close to 54mm or 1/32 scale?

Prost!
Brad

The figures are 1/35 scale {sm4}

From Japan online store - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=HOB-FIG-6790-S001

7 different figures and 1 duplicate at random

Also had this set in same purchase - 8 figures set of Historical Hero

HeroFigures-1.jpg

But they include a duplicate Joan of Arc and "missing" one figure off this set which makes it incomplete ! :mad:

HeroFigures-2A.jpg

HeroFigures-2B.jpg

HeroFigures-3.jpg

Are you kidding me on the price.I converted from yen to dollars and they were only $13.74 (1660 yen).If I did it right that is unbelievable.
Mark

Are you kidding me on the price.I converted from yen to dollars and they were only $13.74 (1660 yen).If I did it right that is unbelievable.
Mark

Yes you are right only $13.74 (1660 yen) for a set of 8 figures ! :salute::

The paintwork to me is fantastic for that figure size (1/35) and price point.

The packing/box is bulky and items are also quite heavy too - that is why the shipping charges for a set of 2 cost me $13.00 as well... {sm4} - but is well worth it !

Don't know for sure, but it may Revell-Monogram.

-Moe

That was my thought, too. Revell has released a 1/72 -G, if I'm not mistaken, but it's either a new tooling under Revell of Germany, or a reboxing of another company's kit, but not Monogram. They never had a 1/72 B-17 in their catalog. Before the merger, Revell had a 1/72 B-17, that was sold variously as a -E or a -F, including boxed as the Memphis Belle. They also had a 1/48 -F kit, which was copied pretty much from Monogram's -G kit. Monogram's legal team sent a letter to Revell after that, saying that they wouldn't sue, but advising Revell not to do that again.

Prost!
Brad

Few more pics:

DSC_28820001_zpsco4dzj4z.jpg

Brad mentioned that Revell manufactured more than one B-17 in 1/72. This B-17G is a relatively new release, and I believe that it's mold is far removed from the aged B-17E/F that Revell released back in the sixties. It's definitely the one to go with if you want a flying fortress in this scale. And, of course, CNQ has done it great justice.

-Moe

Finally found a nice, reasonably-priced red model and completed my FM MG collection:

RMG_10.jpg

RMG_Open.jpg

RMG8.jpg

excitable_boys.jpg

I'm really hoping that this marks the end of my foray into diecast autos, BTW!

-Moe

I doubt it mate there are a heap of FM 1/24 cars that go great with some figures.

Well, we'll just have to see. The MG seems suitable because the actual car is so small. That said, I've been looking at a Mercedes 500K which nicely complements Lufty uniforms:

500k.jpg

What may not be obvious in the image above is the model's size. It's considerably larger than the MG. With the right pilots, however, I'm sure that it would look great.:wink2:

-Moe

I picked up TCS M5 Stuart today. We have a major exhibition at the College in October funded by the Australian Government. Part of the exhibition is a series of dioramas depicting the Australian experience of war. One will be PNG 1942 so we are looking at a diorama of the fighting at Buna where M3 Stuarts served alongside Australian troops. We will use the TG Australians and Japanese and will give the tank a repaint and hope no-one notices although some of the differences are quite clear.

2-6 05.jpg

CS00640POP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back