What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

Brad mentioned that Revell manufactured more than one B-17 in 1/72. This B-17G is a relatively new release, and I believe that it's mold is far removed from the aged B-17E/F that Revell released back in the sixties. It's definitely the one to go with if you want a flying fortress in this scale. And, of course, CNQ has done it great justice.

-Moe

Yep, it was a new and original tooling, not related to the old Revell pre-merger E/F, or the later post-merger ProModeler kit, developed and sold under the Revell of Germany subsidiary. I found one of the articles I had read, back when it was first released, Scott Van Aken's review at his website, Modeling Madness:

http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/previews/Revell/04283.htm

I agree, CNQ has a nice finish on his Fort!

Prost!
Brad

I'm really hoping that this marks the end of my foray into diecast autos, BTW!

-Moe

Talking of diecast autos, does anyone collect CMC 1:18 classic racing cars?
They are unfortunately the wrong scale for TS except perhaps the 80mm or 90mm kits and VERY pricey (over $300).
They are however astonishingly good.
I have several of the 1920/1930s open top varieties and they absolutely blow away the Danbury Mint vehicles I've got (I don't have any FM).
If you're in to exquisite miniatures I haven't found anything that matches them with the exception of Fine Art Models in the UK whose prices are beyond the absurd.
Regards,
Doug

Tamiya 1:48 Macchi 200

DSC_29500001_zpscdbe0ta2.jpg

DSC_29410001_zpszy8prwmj.jpg

DSC_29390001_zpstm49rxlb.jpg

DSC_29340001_zpsxntvlzpy.jpg

DSC_29240001_zps5zrkbqe1.jpg

Tamiya 1:48 Macchi 200

DSC_29410001_zpszy8prwmj.jpg

I have no idea what the Regia Aeronautica's term for "mottling" was, but your interpretation of it is outstanding! It's simply amazing how consistently that you were able to produce that effect. BTW, the Italians have their own WW2 aviation website and forum called "Stormo:"

http://stormomagazine.com/

I bet that they'd love to have a look at your work.:salute::

-Moe

I have no idea what the Regia Aeronautica's term for "mottling" was, but your interpretation of it is outstanding! It's simply amazing how consistently that you were able to produce that effect. BTW, the Italians have their own WW2 aviation website and forum called "Stormo:"

http://stormomagazine.com/

I bet that they'd love to have a look at your work.:salute::

-Moe

hey thanks Moe.

I bought 20 Collectors Battlefield 28mm figures.
I am making a diorama for my brother's bookcase.

Have to add this new King&Country Karl Otto Tiger here as it is a "keeper" in my collection !

Attachments

• DSCN4404.JPG
    DSCN4404.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 123
New pilots from WB have landed in TX:

WB_USAAF_1.jpg

WB_USAAF_2.jpg

WB_USAAF_3.jpg

Really like the jacket on the bomber pilot above.^&grin

Below, we have the USN pilot that was released recently:

WB_Navy_1.jpg

WB_Navy_2.jpg

WB_Navy_3.jpg

Hate to sound like a WB-booster, but I'm genuinely grateful to see such high quality product being made available for sale at so modest a price.

-Moe

Added a fuel truck ( Academy 1:48) to make a small dio with my Dinah plane

DSC_29520001_zpsgxtgb4ue.jpg

DSC_29580001_zpsmgafhlwk.jpg

DSC_29590001_zps9fyz1bcw.jpg

DSC_29610001_zpsiffit7zq.jpg

Just picked these up from my TS shop here in Brisbane. I am very impressed with these figures and am very interested in seeing the future releases. King and Country certainly look after those with an interest in Australian figures ... my cup, does indeed, runneth over.

GA002-500x500.jpg
GA003-500x500.jpg

Just picked these up from my TS shop here in Brisbane. I am very impressed with these figures and am very interested in seeing the future releases. King and Country certainly look after those with an interest in Australian figures ... my cup, does indeed, runneth over.

View attachment 171167
View attachment 171168

They are nice Jack, really like the action of these, not too extended, more compact figure. They will be hard to beat by anyone else. Robin.

They are nice Jack, really like the action of these, not too extended, more compact figure. They will be hard to beat by anyone else. Robin.

They are very nice but as I see all my figures before buying them, that is my view of everything in my collection. That said, these are particularly nice. Well done K&C.

Bought this off ebay then had painted.It's Hawkeye,Last of the Mohicans 120mm.
Mark

Hawkeye 2.jpg Hawkeye 3.jpg

New Little Legion sets collected at the London Show

ANGLO BOER WAR - UNLOADING THE MAXIM GUNS

ANGLO BOER WAR - NAVAL BRIGADE WAGON

ANGLO BOER WAR - NAVAL BRIGADE COLUMN

NORTH WEST FRONTIER - MOUNTED AFGHAN

ANGLO BOER - NATAL INDIAN AMBULANCE CORPS

Cheers

Martyn:)

Cheers

You need some Boers to pick off a few of those Jack tars
When is mike going to make some

You need some Boers to pick off a few of those Jack tars
When is mike going to make some

I'll have a word with Mike next week:wink2:....in the meantime the Trophy Commando will have to work overtime ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Great Sets...:D:cool:Now I know why my Maxim Machinegun detachment has not been shipped yet....Martyn´s Brigade was bottle necking the whole production line{sm3}:salute::
Congrats on the new acquisitions...Mike has told me mine is on the works....
Cheers
Luiz

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back