What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

Great Sets...:D:cool:Now I know why my Maxim Machinegun detachment has not been shipped yet....Martyn´s Brigade was bottle necking the whole production line{sm3}:salute::
Congrats on the new acquisitions...Mike has told me mine is on the works....
Cheers
Luiz

Many thanks Luiz and I bet yours will be with you shortly :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

HMS LION from Trophy of Wales THE CRIMEAN WAR series

Cheers

Martyn:)

2 Del Prado " alpini"( 3 euros each) that I will convert into ww2 " bersaglieri" for my african dio...I am happy one carries the italian " breda 30" machine gun {sm3}

WIN_20150411_181920.JPGWIN_20150411_181933.JPGWIN_20150411_181835.JPGWIN_20150411_181856.JPG

Eduard 1/48 Hellcat "cat mouth"

DSC_29670001_zpsyosd2wby.jpg

DSC_29700001_zpsh6rcdosz.jpg

DSC_29730001_zpsvx0yyovd.jpg

DSC_29740001_zpsob1jbcil.jpg

DSC_29760001_zps4jtfldor.jpg

DSC_29800001_zpsorelfa8l.jpg

DSC_29810001_zpsw9rdvf73.jpg

DSC_29870001_zpstcno83qk.jpg

Eduard 1/48 Hellcat "cat mouth"

DSC_29700001_zpsh6rcdosz.jpg

Great looking model that you've detailed beautifully. A lot of folks may not understand why collectors have such an affinity for this scheme, one that's associated with the carrier U.S.S. Princeton. Well, the fact is, what we see above was basically verbotten under USN regulations. Further, when the Princeton was sunk and its fighter squadron was transferred to another carrier, the Captain ordered that the visage of the aircraft be returned to the guidelines that were enforced on other ships. For modelers of USN aircraft, the rules that I'm commenting on result in a straight-jacket of sorts as regards dealing with the Hellcat. They are essentially stuck with the three-color scheme that's associated with mid-war types in the Pacific and the overall dark-blue from late 1944, onward. Literally, thousands of Grumman F6F went to war in those two schemes, the most dramatic departure from which we see as depicted above, as modeled by CNQ. Again, very nice.

-Moe

Last edited:
King and country MG paras kneeling firing, standing firing, walking with piat tubes.

1/6th bits: jeep with 30. Cal, british airborne full uniform with helmet.and beret. Sten MK V. 1/6th stretcher, body, british battledress! :)

Scott

Great looking model that you've detailed beautifully. A lot of folks may not understand why collectors have such an affinity for this scheme, one that's associated with the carrier U.S.S. Princeton. Well, the fact is, what we see above was basically verbotten under USN regulations. Further, when the Princeton was sunk and its fighter squadron was transferred to another carrier, the Captain ordered that the visage of the aircraft be returned to the guidelines that were enforced on other ships. For modelers of USN aircraft, the rules that I'm commenting on result in a straight-jacket of sorts as regards dealing with the Hellcat. They are essentially stuck with the three-color scheme that's associated with mid-war types in the Pacific and the overall dark-blue from late 1944, onward. Literally, thousands of Grumman F6F went to war in those two schemes, the most dramatic departure from which we see as depicted above, as modeled by CNQ. Again, very nice.

-Moe

Thanks for the info Moe.

[QUOTE I can only buy finished products of what you so professionally construct. My flight cap is off to you. :salute:: Beautiful. Chris[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir.

I recently picked up a few figures from K&C's American Revolution series. I really like the RWF's uniforms, and I needed a Washington and thought he should be accompanied by one of his bodyguards.{sm4} :salute::

ORI-BR081_b.jpg ORI-BR082A_b.jpg

ORI-BR076_b.jpg ORI-AR072_b.jpg

ORI-AR073_b.jpg

Cheers,
Brendan

My first item from the marco polo collection. I will try to pick up the other building at some point. Now the tough question, will it be K&C or First Legion figures for this diorama... If anyone has some recommendations feel free to let me know....

Attachments

• 20150419_125922_resized.jpg
    20150419_125922_resized.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 304

Users who are viewing this thread

Back