What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

We have seen and spoken a lot about Colonial troops and their contribution to WW1 and the later Wars....Due to this lack of offerings by the major manufacturers it seems to the general public and many collectors that India and other members of the Empire other than Canada, Australia and New Zealand were not active in the conflicts.....Well that needs to be fixed, India provided one of the largest contingents and for that reason I had John Eden and some luck with Mountford provide me with a small token contribution and later on asked Obee to bring them to life and now I share them with you....
They are great add ons for WW1 and Northwestern Forntier dios.....look forward that you all enjoy...
Cheers
Luiz
IMG_2767.JPGIMG_2766.JPG

I was very lucky
Found the 4 missing Grant Whiskey to complete my collection ( metal 54mm )

W-DSC_0405.jpg WR-DSC_0390.jpg

found 2 Britain wifes of Henry VIII ( metal 54mm )
WR-DSC_0401.jpg WR-DSC_0403.jpg

These were a gift from my mate Bob (UKReb) ^&cool^&cool^&cool

There are indeed some great guys inhabiting this Forum :salute::

Confederate firing line - Tradition of London

Many thanks mate and see you on D Day :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

It's always a pleasure to see riddle
Is there a competition ?
Identify the maker ?
:)

Bought and had painted from Irregular Miniatures in the UK.Western Sudan troops,late 19th cen.Colonial.Coming soon French Troupes de Marines,late 19th cen. 28mm.
Mark

28mmabbycav.jpg 28mmbornucav.jpg

28mmbornuinf.jpg

A three-plane "vic" of 19 Squadron RAF landed in Texas today:

HA7810.png

HA7811.jpg

HA7812.jpg

I believe that Hobby Master made about 500 each of these early Spitfires in honor of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. I think that it's cool to be able to buy models that belong to the same flight or squadron, as above. Another such grouping that I jumped on back in the day was Corgi's "Faith, Hope and Charity" Sea Gladiators. I'd like to see more of this marketing strategy employed by manufacturers, but that's not to say that there are no risks involved in trying to sell all the models as equals. It could come to pass that one model is looked upon as more desirable than one or two of the others. In that kind of environment, the less desirable model could take its time making it to the cash register.:redface2:

-Moe

HA7810.png

HA7811.jpg

HA7812.jpg

I believe that Hobby Master made about 500 each of these early Spitfires in honor of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. I think that it's cool to be able to buy models that belong to the same flight or squadron, as above. Another such grouping that I jumped on back in the day was Corgi's "Faith, Hope and Charity" Sea Gladiators. I'd like to see more of this marketing strategy employed by manufacturers, but that's not to say that there are no risks involved in trying to sell all the models as equals. It could come to pass that one model is looked upon as more desirable than one or two of the others. In that kind of environment, the less desirable model could take its time making it to the cash register.:redface2:

-Moe
Beautiful Spits, Moe. I've suggested a similar strategy to JJD in regards to the SE-5 and 'B' flight of 56 Squadron, but no go so far.^&grin -- Al

I bought a DelPrado afghan tribal fighter and a gotland warrior able to be used in my " crusades" display..:p

WIN_20150528_200119.JPGurl.jpg

HA7810.png

HA7811.jpg

HA7812.jpg

-Moe

Great suggestion, and collectors have been asking for the same with differing turret numbers on AFVs for some time with limited results. Would have been great to have Hurricanes from the same sqdn for my Ready Alert dio. :wink2: Chris

Great suggestion, and collectors have been asking for the same with differing turret numbers on AFVs for some time with limited results. Would have been great to have Hurricanes from the same sqdn for my Ready Alert dio. :wink2: Chris

It would have been nice, but your airfield dio is nonethless awesome:

SAM_0416_zpss4eqq0bd.jpg

-Moe

-Moe

very nice planes ivanmoe. Are they 1/32 scale ?

very nice planes ivanmoe. Are they 1/32 scale ?

Nope, they are 1/48. 1/32 is very limited in diecast zinc. Corgi has done the Spitfire I, Hurricane I/II, P-51D and Mosquito I/IV/VI (I believe). Hobby Master has done its Hellcat and Dauntless. GMP did the P-40 and P-51 in 1/35, but they aren't easy to find (or cheap). If you're looking for other types of replicas in these larger scales, you'll have to turn to another medium, wood, plastic or resin, I suppose. BTW, it was this paucity of subject matter that got me interested in Jenkins' 1/30 models.

-Moe

Having just watched a Shakespeare's Julius Caesar movie, I rummaged through my Café Storme collection and discovered a Julius Caesar figure. When compared to the official Mokarex website, he is missing a left hand which I intend to replace.

I also discovered that I had an old painted King Baudouin figure and decided to pair it with my recent Queen Fabiola figure. I will be painting these pieces up.

Rgds Victor

P1090983.JPGP1090985.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back