What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Added the tank commander and logs to my 1/16 heng long Sherman

DSC_32260001_zpsua6puz2v.jpg

DSC_32270001_zpszktuh40c.jpg

DSC_32280001_zpsb50fys7r.jpg

Got me three more figures from the Pike & Musket line by King and Country.
Oliver Cromwell and two Parliamentary Pikemen.
With $45.00 a standard figure in that line, it is a really nice offer to get the sets of two at a price of $79.00.
The two Pikemen are one of those "sets of two".

Here are some photos of the new troopers
They make a nice addition to the three from last month.
You see the group in the last picture.

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Attachments

• DSCF2574.JPG
    DSCF2574.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCF2575.JPG
    DSCF2575.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF2576.JPG
    DSCF2576.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF2577.JPG
    DSCF2577.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 310
Since I really like the current Pike & Musket line, but have no idea really about the English Civil War, I also got me this older book.

The English Civil War 1642 - 1651, An Illustrated History by Philip Haythornwaite. It gives you an insight of what the English Civil War was all about and in addition to many black and white illustrations there are also 32 very nicely done color plates in this book, of which a few are sampled in the pictures below.

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Attachments

• DSCF2578.JPG
    DSCF2578.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF2579.JPG
    DSCF2579.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCF2580.JPG
    DSCF2580.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF2581.JPG
    DSCF2581.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCF2582.JPG
    DSCF2582.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 312
Since I really like the current Pike & Musket line, but have no idea really about the English Civil War, I also got me this older book.

The English Civil War 1642 - 1651, An Illustrated History by Philip Haythornwaite. It gives you an insight of what the English Civil War was all about and in addition to many black and white illustrations there are also 32 very nicely done color plates in this book, of which a few are sampled in the pictures below.

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Yes, this is a great book, I got it about 15 years ago when I was painting the A Call To Arms plastic figures and needed colour schemes. It seems that the ACTA sculptor used this book as a model for many of the poses they made !!!

ecw1.jpg
ecw2.jpg

ecw4.jpg
ecw3.jpg

ecw_art.jpg

Hope you like my painting ??

John

Confederate firing line, including British Army observer General Sir Arthur James Lyon Fremantle

Confederates - Tradition of London

All of these figures were a gift from my good mate Bob (UKReb), he brought them up from his country residence in Devon and presented them to me at the London Show, they match perfectly with my Trophy ACW CSA figures....as will be seen shortly on the Trophy thread :wink2:

A very big THANK YOU mate :salute::

Hope you have a great night tonight in London {bravo}}

Martyn:)

I bought today the last of the ww2 german del prados I wanted to have; a detailed luftwaffe officer useful for dioramas {sm3}

WIN_20150609_180948.JPGWIN_20150609_180941.JPG

Corgi Forward March CC59165, Battle of Trafalgar Royal Marine Sharpshooter ( metal 1/32 )

WR-DSC_0410.jpg WR-DSC_0412.jpg

Forma-Plast (Italy) Carabinieri Officer 1927 ( Plastic 1/32 )

WR-DSC_0413.jpg WR-DSC_0414.jpg

My Del Prado samurai was too lonely, so I bought these 2 wonderful Del Prado(KC sculpt) samurais.I have to say that KC made a great job with samurais!{sm3}

WIN_20150611_130822.JPGWIN_20150611_130851.JPG

Just received the Thomas Gunn Pfalz and Sopwith Pup. Great aircraft models and very plsd to add them to the squadrons. Chris

Also received the team and driver for the JJD pigeon wagon.

Just received the Thomas Gunn Pfalz and Sopwith Pup. Great aircraft models and very plsd to add them to the squadrons. Chris

Great additions you have added to your collection Chris {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Anglo Boer War - Naval Brigade launch.

Special Commission from LITTLE LEGION

I believe Launch No.2 will be joining Launch No.1 in the not too distant future:wink2: {bravo}}

Cheers

All really great stuff. The aircraft are beauties. TGM did a fantastic job with them. I especially find the Pfalz to be a real eye-pleaser, very sleek and extremely well marked. -- Al

All really great stuff. The aircraft are beauties. TGM did a fantastic job with them. I especially find the Pfalz to be a real eye-pleaser, very sleek and extremely well marked. -- Al

All of Chris' pieces above are so truly unique, it's hard not to be sort of in awe. And I agree with Al that the Pfalz is really a beauty. Chris, you should be really proud of your new acquisitions.That's some $$$ well spent!:cool:

-Moe

Anglo Boer War - Naval Brigade launch.

Special Commission from LITTLE LEGION

I believe Launch No.2 will be joining Launch No.1 in the not too distant future:wink2: {bravo}}

Cheers

Especially like the bow shot Martyn. Great stuff. Chris

All of Chris' pieces above are so truly unique, it's hard not to be sort of in awe. And I agree with Al that the Pfalz is really a beauty. Chris, you should be really proud of your new acquisitions.That's some $$$ well spent!:cool:

-Moe

Thanks Moe, they are my favorite aircraft models. The wiring is the best I've seen. Chris

Corgi 1/32 Navy Pilot for my Revell 1/32 Wild cat

DSC_33280001_zpsfql00mcn.jpg

Darned if that doesn't look like Corgi's "Bud Anderson" figure (of "Old Crow" fame), a part of its Forward March collection:

CG-US59105_01_lrg.jpg

Corgi makes a USMC pilot that's apparently generic in persona, called "Smack 'em Down," as below, that's part of the same series:

CG-US59126_01_lrg.jpg

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back