Wittman Tiger (2 Viewers)

PA...

You are as aware as I am of the actual measurements that are on this thread and the scale comparisons. I don't even have to answer the question really as its all to plain to see which one is closer from the measurements and pictures posted.

I know whats in my mind and, as long as those who either or both them are happy thats what counts
Mitch

Mitch, So who has the correct 1/30 scale rendition of a Tiger ??? CS or K&C ??

PA...

You are as aware as I am of the actual measurements that are on this thread and the scale comparisons. I don't even have to answer the question really as its all to plain to see which one is closer from the measurements and pictures posted.

I know whats in my mind and, as long as those who either or both them are happy thats what counts
Mitch

An excellent answer for any aspiring politician......Dodge the Question !

It is has become evident no matter what CS's legitimate scale is, folks will buy what they like. If we gave you the scale formulas, actual real measurements, and what should be the actual size in inches of the models, the mfg. will deny, most will believe him as most collectors would not want to admit an mistake with one of their purchases and those of us who know these models are about 1/28 would still be dismissed as cranks. Mitch is trying not to rain on anyone's parade. They are oversized, go on the net, find any number of modeler sites with scale conversion charts, put in the real dimensions, see what size the model ought be, measure your model and weep...Not much more we can say, other than the new models now match the oversized figures, that we use to rant about, with K/C,Patriot, and early/current CS.....This is why I could never be a politician. Michael

It is has become evident no matter what CS's legitimate scale is, folks will buy what they like. If we gave you the scale formulas, actual real measurements, and what should be the actual size in inches of the models, the mfg. will deny, most will believe him as most collectors would not want to admit an mistake with one of their purchases and those of us who know these models are about 1/28 would still be dismissed as cranks. Mitch is trying not to rain on anyone's parade. They are oversized, go on the net, find any number of modeler sites with scale conversion charts, put in the real dimensions, see what size the model ought be, measure your model and weep...Not much more we can say, other than the new models now match the oversized figures, that we use to rant about, with K/C,Patriot, and early/current CS.....This is why I could never be a politician. Michael

Very diplomatic :rolleyes2: but unfortunately correct. I think that all the manufacturers together have finally produced every combination of WWII AFV/figure scale that can be made from 1/32, 1/30, 1/28. {sm2} We have AFVs and figures in all 3 scales so not only is it difficult to pose AFVs/figures from different manufacturers together, but it is even difficult to pose AFVs/figures from the same manufacturer together. See Michael - those guys are politicians because in the manufacturer's eyes, all is correct - you just haven't been convinced yet.. {sm4}

Terry

I rather have an oversized model of the new Wittman's tank to match all the figures from K&C, CS, TG, than to have the undersized Wittman's tank produced by K&C before.

I rather have an oversized model of the new Wittman's tank to match all the figures from K&C, CS, TG, than to have the undersized Wittman's tank produced by K&C before.

Amen, and at the end of the day that was the point we were after wasn't it? Armor that fits industry size figures.

Cheers!

Brian

So at this moment, CS is now producing 1/28 AFVs and 1/28 figures; K&C is producing 1/30 AFVs and 1/28 figures (many of their older AFVs were 1/32); FL is producing 1/30 AFVs and 1/30 figures; TGM and Figarti are matching K&C with 1/30 AFVs and 1/28 figures (Figarti did produce 1/32 AFVs and Figures). Honour Bound produced 1/30 AFVs and 1/30 figures. JJD (Spanish Civil War) are 1/30 AFVs and 1/30 figures.

The quandry for me is that I think the figures and AFVs should be the same scale. But - I prefer the 1/30 AFVS (I think 1/28 AFVs are getting too big) but also prefer the larger 1/28 figures as it is easier to get more detail visible to the eye.^&confuse

Terry

Not dodging the question just not falling into an argument when the answer was clearly stated in previous posts and the dimensions are a known. I happen to like CS releases and own many but, this was not for me in this instance and, I stated openly why this was the case.
Mitch

Not dodging the question just not falling into an argument when the answer was clearly stated in previous posts and the dimensions are a known. I happen to like CS releases and own many but, this was not for me in this instance and, I stated openly why this was the case.
Mitch

No need for an argument. I was asking your take on the matter as I feel "your" experience in the hobby exceeds mine.

No experience needed in this hobby. I just think everyone knows whats what and what scales apply to what its time to let people enjoy the AFV's as this for now, has been answered
Mitch

No need for an argument. I was asking your take on the matter as I feel "your" experience in the hobby exceeds mine.

So at this moment, CS is now producing 1/28 AFVs and 1/28 figures; K&C is producing 1/30 AFVs and 1/28 figures (many of their older AFVs were 1/32); FL is producing 1/30 AFVs and 1/30 figures; TGM and Figarti are matching K&C with 1/30 AFVs and 1/28 figures (Figarti did produce 1/32 AFVs and Figures). Honour Bound produced 1/30 AFVs and 1/30 figures. JJD (Spanish Civil War) are 1/30 AFVs and 1/30 figures.

The quandry for me is that I think the figures and AFVs should be the same scale. But - I prefer the 1/30 AFVS (I think 1/28 AFVs are getting too big) but also prefer the larger 1/28 figures as it is easier to get more detail visible to the eye.^&confuse

Terry

As I have consistently stated, I do not give a rat's butt what a mfg. calculates as their scale, but I do care if all the relative models of all the various mfg. match up somewhat in size to each other..( as long as all state that their models are of the same scale ). That ought give us more purchasing choices, not hamstring us into walking away from any model that does not fit right..Obviously, since CS has heard the over scale complaints for sometime, and chose to continue their marketing plan to isolate their stuff from being displayed with all the other mfg.s', we as collectors will choose whether we play by CS rules or use the power of the purse to protest. Michael

As I have consistently stated, I do not give a rat's butt what a mfg. calculates as their scale, but I do care if all the relative models of all the various mfg. match up somewhat in size to each other..( as long as all state that their models are of the same scale ). That ought give us more purchasing choices, not hamstring us into walking away from any model that does not fit right..Obviously, since CS has heard the over scale complaints for sometime, and chose to continue their marketing plan to isolate their stuff from being displayed with all the other mfg.s', we as collectors will choose whether we play by CS rules or use the power of the purse to protest. Michael

It's our money so we can buy what we like and that's exactly what I did and bought the CS Tiger. It works perfectly wilth all the figures from all major TS makers and for a very reasonable price. So what else can we ask for ????? It certaintly looks much better than the small little undersized K&C Wittman's tank. Atleast all my foot soldiers don't look like giant men 8ft tall when displaying beside it.

It's our money so we can buy what we like and that's exactly what I did and bought the CS Tiger. It works perfectly wilth all the figures from all major TS makers and for a very reasonable price. So what else can we ask for ????? It certaintly looks much better than the small little undersized K&C Wittman's tank. Atleast all my foot soldiers don't look like giant men 8ft tall when displaying beside it.
Quite right and that is exactly why my CS Tiger is on the way to me. It will be a stand alone set for me but at least it will be a correct looking set. I have the outstanding add-on crew on hold and can hardly wait to put the two together. -- Al

Thing is its really difficult to look at the K&C wittman release as at that time most of the releases were 1/32nd or similar and, not really marketed as 1/30th. It was also historically innacurate on many levels. I think K&C went 1/30th with the Tunisian Tiger 1. I have no problem with CS releases and, rather prefer the earlier releases so, its not about or ever was about the size for me. Its just the adamancy that its spot on 1/30th when clearly it was not. It now seems that its fitting the AFV's to the larger figures and, if that works for collectors regularly thats fine or, even work as a stand alone set then fine.

No harm in sorting these issues out as we all benefit from the discussion
Mitch

Quite right and that is exactly why my CS Tiger is on the way to me. It will be a stand alone set for me but at least it will be a correct looking set. I have the outstanding add-on crew on hold and can hardly wait to put the two together. -- Al

Very nice. I can't wait to see the pics of them all displaying together ^&grin .

Thing is its really difficult to look at the K&C wittman release as at that time most of the releases were 1/32nd or similar and, not really marketed as 1/30th. It was also historically innacurate on many levels. I think K&C went 1/30th with the Tunisian Tiger 1. I have no problem with CS releases and, rather prefer the earlier releases so, its not about or ever was about the size for me. Its just the adamancy that its spot on 1/30th when clearly it was not. It now seems that its fitting the AFV's to the larger figures and, if that works for collectors regularly thats fine or, even work as a stand alone set then fine.

No harm in sorting these issues out as we all benefit from the discussion
Mitch
I understand the concern over scale. The many variations with stated scales can be very frustrating. The CS Tiger will probably be my last WW2 vehicle purchase for some time to come. I will be leaving the scale issue behind me, unless it somehow finds it's way to WW1 aircraft! -- Al

I understand the concern over scale. The many variations with stated scales can be very frustrating. The CS Tiger will probably be my last WW2 vehicle purchase for some time to come. I will be leaving the scale issue behind me, unless it somehow finds it's way to WW1 aircraft! -- Al

Never say never, you just might like whats right around the corner: ho ho ho!
^&grin

Cheers!

Brian

Within the last month I dumped all of the Tiger's that I had that appeared to be 1/32 scale and am striving for all 1/30 scale Tanks to go along with my figures. This is important for me to have properly scaled tanks in relation to the figures that are displayed along side them !

Within the last month I dumped all of the Tiger's that I had that appeared to be 1/32 scale and am striving for all 1/30 scale Tanks to go along with my figures. This is important for me to have properly scaled tanks in relation to the figures that are displayed along side them !

Then you may have a problem because there are few 1/30 figures. Most are 1/28.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back