Your 1st car..model, make year (5 Viewers)

Looking good Louis; when the zombie apocalypse hits, you'll have no problem running down to the local supermarket to fight your way through the horde for milk......................

I was thinking part time armored car bank pick up and deliveries.;)

The aluminum black diamond plate cowl cover, black fuel cap cover and black badges have arrived. I’m hoping to have the work done this afternoon if Dan and Morgan are available.😎😎

The aluminum black diamond plate cowl cover, black fuel cap cover and black badges have arrived. I’m hoping to have the work done this afternoon if Dan and Morgan are available.

Louis,
I am sorry I am missing March to see you and family and the Jeep! PS - are you the supervisor of the work crew???? Just kidding, it looks great and again, sorry I will miss the event.
Tom

Louis,
I am sorry I am missing March to see you and family and the Jeep! PS - are you the supervisor of the work crew???? Just kidding, it looks great and again, sorry I will miss the event.
Tom

Tom,

You say when you want to come visit and I will cook up a mini symposium for you . . . 😎

My 1-1/2 inch wheel extenders arrived today. I am having my Jeep detailed Monday, and on Wednesday, Dan and Morgan are installing the wheel extenders (which will add 3 inches to the width of the wheels, pushing them wider than the fenders), the black diamond plate cowl armor, the black "Jeep" letters and the black "Trail Rated" Badges.^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Tom,

You say when you want to come visit and I will cook up a mini symposium for you . . . ��

you got it, I want to come see the jeep and the rearrangement of the airfield. You have so many wow items in that space, just really cool, it is like a heco catalog of items I have never seen!

TD

A couple of weeks ago I told Marie that there was a photo somewhere in the family vaults that pictured me with my first car a BMC Mini in Old English White with a black roof. Well I was determined to find the picture and after around 2 hours hunting through a couple of storage boxes full of old pictures and stuff I found it. That's me 50 years ago, 1968, hard to believe that I have hardly changed :rolleyes2:

I had been thinking about changing my car as parts for my Chrysler Crossfire were becoming harder to find and I had had the Crossfire for 12 years, well this tasty little number landed in my lap and as it is my birthday next month I thought it would make a nice little birthday present to ME

Marie and I picked the car up last Friday {bravo}}

Mini Cooper S convertible Special Edition 2.0 Works 210 2dr [Tech/Chili Pack] Brand new car with 11 miles on the clock

Options Fitted to this vehicle

Works 210 Enhanced
Chili Pack for John Cooper Works Sport Pack
MINI Tech Pack
Media Pack
Seat heating. front
Black mirror caps
Black Bonnet Stripes
Wind deflector
Chrome Line interior
Interior Trim Piano Black
Cruise control with brake function

Lots of standard equipment to numerous to mention, here are just a few

Head up Display
Intelligent emergency call
MINI Driving Modes
MINI TeleServices
Navigation system XL
MINI Connected XL
MINI Excitement pack - Mini Convertible
Storage Compartment Pack - Mini Convertible

This is the Bluetooth remote that controls the exhaust sound

and the is the sound you get

https://youtu.be/WHAI4gWc7hA

Roll on the Summer ^&cool

Cheers

Martyn:)

Wow Martyn what terrific cars!!! 😎😎😎😎. I wish you much happiness with your wonderful new Mini-Cooper!🙂

Wow Martyn what terrific cars!!! 😎😎😎😎. I wish you much happiness with your wonderful new Mini-Cooper!🙂

Many thanks Louis:salute::

That Jeep of yours looks like a very tasty vehicle as well {bravo}}

All the best

A couple of weeks ago I told Marie that there was a photo somewhere in the family vaults that pictured me with my first car a BMC Mini in Old English White with a black roof. Well I was determined to find the picture and after around 2 hours hunting through a couple of storage boxes full of old pictures and stuff I found it. That's me 50 years ago, 1968, hard to believe that I have hardly changed :rolleyes2:

Cheers

Very nice Martyn, all the best of luck with your new ride.

Are you sure that photo isn't Jimmy Clark arriving at Brands Hatch or possibly Jackie Oliver posing for a fan at Silverstone ..... I know it can't be Graham Hill, there's no mustache on the upper lip. :wink2:^&grin

B.

Very nice Martyn, all the best of luck with your new ride.

Are you sure that photo isn't Jimmy Clark arriving at Brands Hatch or possibly Jackie Oliver posing for a fan at Silverstone ..... I know it can't be Graham Hill, there's no mustache on the upper lip. :wink2:^&grin

B.

Many thanks Mr B ^&grin :salute::

All the best

I just picked up Black Beauty from the detail place . . . she looks brand new!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool And tomorrow she gets her wheel extenders, gas cap cover, black diamond cowl armor and blacked-out badges!

Attachments

• Black Beauty Detailed 1.jpg
    Black Beauty Detailed 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 124
  • Black Beauty Detailed 2.jpg
    Black Beauty Detailed 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 120
Martyn,
Super photos and congrats..........one issue............the steering wheel is on the wrong side..........................I know old and bad joke!!!

TD

Looking good Louis. After all those upgrades, you won't want to drive that Jeep in the rain and snow or park at the mall.

Very dashing Martyn.

Looking good Louis. After all those upgrades, you won't want to drive that Jeep in the rain and snow or park at the mall.

No, I just want to take her off-road and see how she holds up. I hope to take my son up to Hunter Mountain to do some off roading in May.😉

Last edited:
'71 Duster. Drove it my sophomore year in high school. Was my dad's, then he gave it to my cousin in Indiana, who then sold it back when I got my DL. I just remember the good times (listening to the Canes beat Notre Dame 20-0, at the beach with a girl being memory No. 1), but evidently it sucked. Leaked oil, overheated, no AC, but it was fast!

Also my LAST car, as I bought one last summer, and am converting it into a '72 Duster, the Al Bundy "Dodge". (had to acquire a '72 trunk, and cut out sections to extend the brake lights). I'm great at auto body painting and weathering (its gonna look EXACTLY like Bundy's), its just the engine and stuff. Got a bunch of wires, hoses, belts and machinery inside, that I dont know how to work. Evidently it needs a "water pump" (which I thought were on outboard motors) and a "Solarnoid" (which I thought was in science fiction).

I just picked up Black Beauty from the detail place . . . she looks brand new!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool And tomorrow she gets her wheel extenders, gas cap cover, black diamond cowl armor and blacked-out badges!

She's looking very sharp, your Black Beauty Louis. There's an almost menacing look to it's dark, brooding manor.

Tomorrow my baby finally gets her wheel extenders, gas cap cover, black diamond cowl armor and blacked-out badges! ^&cool^&cool

Tomorrow my baby finally gets her wheel extenders, gas cap cover, black diamond cowl armor and blacked-out badges! ^&cool^&cool

I will take a head on shot tomorrow morning and post it with one of the old head on shots for a comparison to show what the wheel extenders did. Here are some photos of the rest of the upgrades:

Attachments

• Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 4.jpg
    Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 3.jpg
    Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 3.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 2.jpg
    Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 5.jpg
    Black Beauty 4th Round of Upgrades 5.jpg