American Civil War.... (2 Viewers)

I a little confused. (Not the first time, or the last) Are these up for pre-order now and come out in June or do we pre-order in June??? Sorry if the answer is obvious.

They are not available yet. Pre-order only in June. The FL website is not clear as to when they would be shipping - I would guess July availability.
Mike

So their Shenandoah/Bussler size, smaller than Britains? 54mm is just to vague these days. Hopefully Matt can confirm size.

"54mm" is just a label we generically use to differentiate them from 40mm or 28mm or what not. They are basically the same size as our Napoleonics. I can't confirm their relative size to other figure makes as I don't have any and, for better or worse, we don't concern ourselves with such things preferring to just make what we make in our own style. As we move closer to release, I'll add a section covering their size to our "scales" page on our website.

Also, the pre-order will be June, the figures should ship in July sometime. More specific information will follow over the next month including specifics about the first release, more images, etc....

What personalities are planned?

TD

All of them. :D

Seriously, given where we're starting the range, this really shouldn't be too difficult to figure out though it's too early for me to confirm anything.

All of them. :D

Seriously, given where we're starting the range, this really shouldn't be too difficult to figure out though it's too early for me to confirm anything.

I should rephrase. please visit some of the lesser known personalities too (I know you have to do Lee, Jackson and Stuart), but it would be nice to see a Jubal Early, Richard Ewell, etc. too. I am looking forward to this to see how they come out.

Tom

I should rephrase. please visit some of the lesser known personalities too (I know you have to do Lee, Jackson and Stuart), but it would be nice to see a Jubal Early, Richard Ewell, etc. too. I am looking forward to this to see how they come out.

Tom

I agree with this actually. I think you'll find that we'll do the personalities which match our releases at the Brigade/Divisional/Corps level before we'll jump up to a Lee or a Meade or what not. As for Jackson, not for a LONG time as Jackson wasn't at Gettysburg and like most of our ranges, we'll specifically cover Gettysburg for quite some time....Ewell is an interesting choice though.

Matt,
If you want me to buy any make sure you do Chamberlain and Oates.I love the Little Round Top part of the battle.I think I may have to watch Gettysburg Tomorrow.:)
Mark

Matt,
If you want me to buy any make sure you do Chamberlain and Oates.I love the Little Round Top part of the battle.I think I may have to watch Gettysburg Tomorrow.:)
Mark

All in good time.

I must have watched Gettysburg 6 times over the last 6 months. Call it research. :D

But even more than this, I've watched Ken Burns' The Civil War documentary at least 3 times through as well. It's not much help with research per se, but is just fantastic and timeless in it's coverage of the war and helps set my mood. If any of you guys haven't seen it, it's so worth watching.

I would love to see you add some interesting infantry regiments. The Iron Brigade of course, but they have been done a lot. The 26th NC and 1st Minnesota would be terrific additions for collectors - include the flag bearers. Also the 69th Pennsylvania with both national and regimental flagbearers would be wonderful. Create a low wall to go with the latter.

I agree with this actually. I think you'll find that we'll do the personalities which match our releases at the Brigade/Divisional/Corps level before we'll jump up to a Lee or a Meade or what not. As for Jackson, not for a LONG time as Jackson wasn't at Gettysburg and like most of our ranges, we'll specifically cover Gettysburg for quite some time....Ewell is an interesting choice though.

Sorry, meant the big 3 at Gburg - Lee, Longstreet and Stuart. Perish the thought I would put Jackson in that debacle they created at Gettysburg!

Tom

At some point (a long time down the road I'm sure) I would hope you would do Lincoln. I would love to see how you do him. I have read many biographies and analyses of our greatest President and never grow tired of learning about this man.

Sorry, meant the big 3 at Gburg - Lee, Longstreet and Stuart. Perish the thought I would put Jackson in that debacle they created at Gettysburg!

Tom
Ahh, the big WHAT IF. At the risk of a second ACW, had Jackson been at G-burg, that debacle would never have occurred. :eek:-- Al

"54mm" is just a label we generically use to differentiate them from 40mm or 28mm or what not. They are basically the same size as our Napoleonics. I can't confirm their relative size to other figure makes as I don't have any and, for better or worse, we don't concern ourselves with such things preferring to just make what we make in our own style. As we move closer to release, I'll add a section covering their size to our "scales" page on our website.
Thanks for the response Matt but there in lies the rub. This is why you always ask about the scale. No standardization. Probably means a pass on my part but good luck with it.

Ahh, the big WHAT IF. At the risk of a second ACW, had Jackson been at G-burg, that debacle would never have occurred. :eek:-- Al

Interesting question. One thing is for sure, had Jackson been commanding Ewell's corps, it is a pretty sure bet they would have attacked Cemetary Hill late in the day on July 1st. Beyond that it's too difficult to predict if that would have actually changed anything.

Gary, why not buy a figure when it comes out. I'm sure you can always return it if you're not satisfied.

Thanks for the response Matt but there in lies the rub. This is why you always ask about the scale. No standardization. Probably means a pass on my part but good luck with it.

I didn't say that they weren't compatible in size, only that I don't know if they're compatible in size. I'm sure this will be discussed at length in a few months time so no need to make any decisions just yet. ;)

Interesting question. One thing is for sure, had Jackson been commanding Ewell's corps, it is a pretty sure bet they would have attacked Cemetary Hill late in the day on July 1st. Beyond that it's too difficult to predict if that would have actually changed anything.
Agreed. It's just that the what ifs are always fun and never seem to go away. -- Al

At some point (a long time down the road I'm sure) I would hope you would do Lincoln. I would love to see how you do him. I have read many biographies and analyses of our greatest President and never grow tired of learning about this man.

Brad - I agree, a Lincoln figure is a great suggestion, would just need to determine the proper setting for him. The more I learn about him, the more I too am impressed. By far and away the greatest US President and certainly worthy of a some type of special set down the road at some point.

Tom

Also, Tom - don't forget about A.P. Hill, so I guess it should be the big four. ;)

Totally missed this announcement while reenacting the three days of Gettysburg with a bunch of teenagers and being off-line during this period. :mad:

Luckily, I do not seem to have missed too much. Retreated from Gettysburg in good order with only few casualties just prior to the show ... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back