American Civil War.... (2 Viewers)

Thanks Rob. We'll probably do it much like we've done it with the AWI - showing a new image every week or so up to the pre-order. Keeps it interesting. The first ACW release will be 22 Confederates of the 55th North Carolina at Gettysburg.

And speaking of AWI, we'll probably show some of the British sculpts in mid-May, right around when we start the pre-order for the Continentals.

Matt,

When would we expect to see Union and what unit, if you care to disclose. If not, all in good time :)

Matt,

When would we expect to see Union and what unit, if you care to disclose. If not, all in good time :)

Well, you mean other than the Union Cavalry on our website? We're working on more Union and Confederates beyond what we've shown already, but it's far too early to discuss what's next at this time. As you caught in our announcement, though, we're looking at this as a second "flagship" range as we really love the period which means it will get a lot of attention so there will be additional releases this year.

As someone who literally drives across the July 1 portion of the battlefield each day to work, it's interesting to see that as a new range. Along with Culp's Hill, it is under appreciated by most. Matt - Don't forget John Burns the 70 year old civilian who joined in the fighting on July 1. He would make an interesting personality figure.

As someone who literally drives across the July 1 portion of the battlefield each day to work, it's interesting to see that as a new range. Along with Culp's Hill, it is under appreciated by most. Matt - Don't forget John Burns the 70 year old civilian who joined in the fighting on July 1. He would make an interesting personality figure.

I agree with you. Most people tend to focus on the the day 2 action on the Union left and Picket's charge. But to me, Day 1 is by far the most interesting day of the battle because it was such a fluid situation with lots of manuever and a good deal of ebb and flow to it.

As for John Burns, it's interesting that you bring him up as I just read something about him the other day. I can see collector displays now with all the Union and Confederate troops arrayed for battle and then this one old guy in civilian clothes. ;)

This is all great. Are there any plans for ACW buildings like you did for Borodino?

I can forsee buildings that would be suitable for both the Revolution and ACW.

Noah

Speaking only for myself here as someone new to both ACW and FL,the choice of the 55th North Carolina is an excellent one.As a regt that made it to the Union line in arguably the most famous battle of the War,it has strong Historical appeal.

Also the ACW Buildings sound interesting.

Rob

Michigan Brigade and General Custer have a future?

Francisco

Attachments

• bravado.jpg
    bravado.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 220
Well, you mean other than the Union Cavalry on our website? We're working on more Union and Confederates beyond what we've shown already, but it's far too early to discuss what's next at this time. As you caught in our announcement, though, we're looking at this as a second "flagship" range as we really love the period which means it will get a lot of attention so there will be additional releases this year.

Matt,
When you say a flagship range do you mean that AWI,WWII,and the Samurai will be much smaller ranges?
Mark

Matt,
When you say a flagship range do you mean that AWI,WWII,and the Samurai will be much smaller ranges?
Mark

Not necessarily smaller ranges, but more likely with fewer releases per year. We are almost continously releasing Napoleonics regardles of what else we're doing. The ACW will be closer to that and we want the range to be something we're known for much like we are with Napoleonics.

Custer screams to be done as a figure! Too bad there isn't much Confederate Cavalry until the third day.

Looks like this range is gonna be a huge success :D
I had to look twice to see where I was , I thought I was on the wrong thread :D Congratulations Matt . Just for the record I'll buy a John Burns figure IMO that would be almost too COOL :) Gebhard

Everybody wants this regiment or that personality right now,this minute.It's going to take years to do this battle.What if FL put out every regiment,every personality next month how many of us could buy them all.At least there coming.How long will I have to wait for Braddock,Wolfe,Montcalm,Rogers and Magua?:(And how about Vlad?:eek::D
Mark

Well, obviously I can't discuss our sales volumes and you already seem to know them anyway, but I'd like to address the issue of longevity. We've been doing some analysis on this and we're hoping we'll improve in that regard over time. ;)

And believe it or not, I'm actually a decent guy. Err...wait...I'm the "best" guy, there is no one out there even close to me. :D (see, I can even poke fun at myself, I can't be all bad!)

I don't think my comment on your sales volume was rocket science material. Seriously, I wouldn't expect your sales volume in a few years to be near some of the established makers, would you? That would be a truly phenomenal feat. I would assume you would improve that with quality products and more acceptance from collectors.

Look, again, if you are taking my posts as being anywhere near insulting, you are sadly mistaken. I am looking forward to your line up here in this era. I just simply remarked that your first post in the other thread could be taken as arrogance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back