April Dispatches (1 Viewer)

It would be great to see this one made (Horsch 1A) either as it's pictured with the 2cm flak gun and trailer or on it's own as a staff car or light utility vehicle. Once again it could be painted for the Desert, Winter, Normandy and in grey. I believe no one has made one in polystone yet.

Tom

A good idea.

Can anybody tell us more about the Four leaf clover insignia ? Hopefully just for luck and not an Irish
unit !!!

Brett

A good idea.

Can anybody tell us more about the Four leaf clover insignia ? Hopefully just for luck and not an Irish
unit !!!

Brett

The DAK unit to which the Horsch belonged.
I believe it belonged to the 33rd Flak
Regiment, a Luftwaffe unit which served with
the DAK. Batteries of this unit were in
action with both the 21st and 15th Panzer
Divisions. A number of vehicles, including
your Horsch, Horsch Type 40 heavy cars, Opel
'Blitz' trucks, and Flak 18/36 8,8 cm guns
were marked with what I believe is a green
four leaved clover on a white square. Once
in a while you see a white outline clover.

The last time I talked to Andy he was hinting that he may make a Australian SAS six wheeled Land Rover as a 250 series. This was a couple of years ago. Has any one heard if this is still on the drawing board or was it canned . Chris.

That's an awesome vehicle Tom, and one that I'm not familiar with. Reminds me a bit of the British 8th/SAS jeep; another piece I missed. It has a cool Rat Patrol vibe.

Thanks WO but unfortunately i can't lay claim to making this vehicle as i found the pic off the net. Hopefully Andy has this vehicle in mind for a future release...

Tom

There is at least one Arnhem personality figure forthcoming. At the Westcoaster Andy very kindly shared a bunch of sneak peek photos w/ me of forthcoming Arnhem figures. I don't know what dispatch he'll show up in, but it's a fantastic figure of an officer standing w/ a Piat gun, and he carries a captured Luger! Hopefully this figure and others will appear on 4/2. The new figures K & C had on display looked great, as I'm sure you've seen in the pics. I was really impressed with the facial sculpts & painting- great stuff! .

Joe

Thanks for this Joe, that figure could be the hero of Arnhem Major Robert Cain who did indeed make merry with a Piat knocking out several German AFV's single handed. Would be a terrific and well deserved figure to have!

Thanks mate

Really enjoying this Dispatches discussion again and hope you collectors of German Grey get something cool too{bravo}}

It would be great to see this one made (Horsch 1A) either as it's pictured with the 2cm flak gun and trailer or on it's own as a staff car or light utility vehicle. Once again it could be painted for the Desert, Winter, Normandy and in grey. I believe no one has made one in polystone yet.

Tom

K&C has made a Horch. AK046(SL) is Rommel's Horch. They were often used to tow the 3.7 cm anti-tank gun. But very few Horch were made as they were so expensive and time consuming to make.

Terry

AK046(SL).jpg

K&C has made a Horch. AK046(SL) is Rommel's Horch. They were often used to tow the 3.7 cm anti-tank gun. But very few Horch were made as they were so expensive and time consuming to make.

Terry

View attachment 123727

Yes i know Terry, i have one of these but the one that i am suggesting is quite different to the earlier release even without the Flak gun. Producing a version mounting the 2cm Flak would not only make it unique but also i think a very popular release.

Tom

Attachments

• Horch1a.jpg
    Horch1a.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1,501
They would make a popular series. There were several versions of the Horch - Horch was a top of the line luxury car maker. Their cars were sought after by higher ups in the SS and Nazi party. I think Rommel's desert Horch was a Horch 901 Sd.Kfz 15 Personnel Carrier. These were used as command cars, radio cars
AK046(SL).jpghorch Sd.Kfz 15 personnel carrier.jpghorch SdKfz 15.jpg

They came with tires stored outboard or inboard and a narrow domed bonnet..

The model you are proposing K&C make is a made for war Wehrmacht-Horch 108 model characterized by a wider, flatter bonnet, different doors and spare tire mounts, and I think a bigger engine. I recall they were made in small numbers during the war by the FORD plant in Germany and the same engines were used in the Sd.Kfz. 222.

E-Pkw_s_Les_01-1.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-158-0094-35,_Balkan,_PKW_der_Leibstandarte_Adolf_Hitler.jpg

They certainly would make for an interesting vehicle in the Wehrmacht version. They were used to tow the 3.7cm gun and crew and mounted 20mm AA guns.

Terry

A good idea.

unit !!!

Brett

I think the Shamrock is some reference to a very bloody battle in 1941 between the 15th Panzer Div. of the Afrika Korps and the South African Irish Brigade which was part of the 5th SA Infantry Brigade. Possibly as a sign of respect?? But it is on a model, not on an historical photo, so who knows if it was really used in 1941.??

Terry

I think the Shamrock is some reference to a very bloody battle in 1941 between the 15th Panzer Div. of the Afrika Korps and the South African Irish Brigade which was part of the 5th SA Infantry Brigade. Possibly as a sign of respect?? But it is on a model, not on an historical photo, so who knows if it was really used in 1941.??

Terry

Wrong, the Four Leaf Clover emblem (Kleeblatt) was used by a number of German units and individuals, in North Afrika the emblem was used by 19. Flak Division.

Happy to hear Cain or similar is being made. Will be a great addition to the range of Arnhem Para's Not sure if the way releases are being done now whether a Horch with flak gun would be seen as to expensive and or fragile. Mind eyes are focused fully on the boys at Arnhem!!!
Mitch

I just thought of this....Rob is back so dispatches will be back to normal again here on the forum ^&grin :salute::

Hi Guys,
2 hours since my last post and no posts in K&C area since then but 60 odd people looking at K&C area.

I guess I will just have to "go Gollum" here and start talking to myself !!

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back