Bourbon Lovers (1 Viewer)

Hi Chris

Bourbon, my favourite tipple......but to much of a good thing was bad for me and I have been tipple free since November 2004 {eek3}^&grin

All the best

Martyn
:)

Martyn, I've recently come to the same conclussion, I luv Bourbon, I rarely have too much but lately I've been thinking it has become an expensive habit, well with inflation and my upcoming retirement I intend to cut back on luxury items. I don't go out for meals and drinks very often and was surprised how much the prices for alcohol, and food, had increased when I visited our capital city Brisbane recently, I'm going to give that sparkling water a try, see how I go ^&grin

Hi ChrisBourbon, my favourite tipple......but to much of a good thing was bad for me and I have been tipple free since November 2004 {eek3}^&grin

Martyn, reminds me of a story Mark Twain once told. A friend said he wasn't feeling well. Twain asked if he was drinking too much and the answer was no, the friend said he didn't drink alcohol. Twain asked how much he was smoking. Same answer, friend didn't smoke. There you have it exclaimed Twain! You've been neglecting your vices.Chris

Mark Twain was an old schoool wit, really enjoyed reading his books at school, of course with the current PC policies in place I suspect his books are no longer on the school reading list anymore, except maybe as a 'bad' example with all those archaic N words etc.

Last edited:
Picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof at a local store. The EC small batch is easy to find but barrel proof a little more difficult. EC was first distilled in the 1700s by a Baptist preacher. Pour me a little scripture pls. :smile2: Chris

EC1.jpg

EC2.jpg

Picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof at a local store. The EC small batch is easy to find but barrel proof a little more difficult. EC was first distilled in the 1700s by a Baptist preacher. Pour me a little scripture pls. :smile2: Chris

Amen to that!

Mike

Thought I would post recent pick up on this mostly defunct thread. :smile2:

Got this today as a loyal customer reward for $200, about one fifth of cost on the secondary market. Of course this means I'm spending way too much at that store. :rolleyes2: Chris

Pappy 12 yr 2.jpg

Thought I would post recent pick up on this mostly defunct thread. :smile2:

Got this today as a loyal customer reward for $200, about one fifth of cost on the secondary market. Of course this means I'm spending way too much at that store. :rolleyes2: Chris

View attachment 301283

Superb!! I wish I was near your store! My recent pickups were this week -Whistlepig Limited Summer Stock - call me impressed, it is nearly 100 proof, but smooth as silk for a rye, really caught me off guard. Second pick up, yet another bottle of Rebel (Yell) 10 year. Could not pass up when in stock, although I am knee deep in it!

Most recent drink - circa 1980s Import bottle of Rebel Yell - well, it is amazing how a $9.99 original price bottle turned into a 300 to 700 bottle on the auction market. All I will say is that it has very "similar juice" to your photo above - produced by Stitzel Weller circa 1980s Louisville. Is it amazing, yes, I am down to under 5 bottles left. Still holding a 1961 as well as several 1990s in reserve along with 5 more of these. One day they will be gone and it will be sad!

TD

Superb!! I wish I was near your store! My recent pickups were this week -Whistlepig Limited Summer Stock - call me impressed, it is nearly 100 proof, but smooth as silk for a rye, really caught me off guard. Second pick up, yet another bottle of Rebel (Yell) 10 year. Could not pass up when in stock, although I am knee deep in it!

Most recent drink - circa 1980s Import bottle of Rebel Yell - well, it is amazing how a $9.99 original price bottle turned into a 300 to 700 bottle on the auction market. All I will say is that it has very "similar juice" to your photo above - produced by Stitzel Weller circa 1980s Louisville. Is it amazing, yes, I am down to under 5 bottles left. Still holding a 1961 as well as several 1990s in reserve along with 5 more of these. One day they will be gone and it will be sad!

TD

Those original Rebel Yell's are quite the collector's items. And I'm still holding a bottle of Blanton's for you Tom whenever we meet. Chris

Those original Rebel Yell's are quite the collector's items. And I'm still holding a bottle of Blanton's for you Tom whenever we meet. Chris

You are ok in my book!
Tom

PS with my upcoming career change on 1/1, I think the 1960s is getting opened to celebrate this next chapter! I am nervous in that I hope it is worth the wait!!!!

Certainly not a Van Winkle but I did pick this up this afternoon. 1792 Single Barrel Full Proof (125 proof)

Mike
PXL_20231215_234146387~2_2gxQy22w8b.jpeg

Picked these up at the Wild Turkey Distillery today. The Masters Keep collection is an annual release and a "Holy Grail" for any whiskey collection.

IMG_6313.JPG

A winning pair for sure Chris. On another note but still staying on topic, yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of partaking Blanton's Straight From the Barrel bourbon. Such a treat and a real joy.

Mike

A winning pair for sure Chris. On another note but still staying on topic, yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of partaking Blanton's Straight From the Barrel bourbon. Such a treat and a real joy.

Mike
Blanton's is always very good. :salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back