Bourbon Lovers (2 Viewers)

My oldest son waited in line overnight and got a bottle of 12 yr old Pappy Van Winkle for $200. Nice Christmas present for himself. Chris

Picked up these two yesterday. They are the numbers 2 & 8 respectively on the just released Whiskey Advocate yearly picks. Will have a tasting next week when both sons are home. Chris

Makers.jpg

My latest Acquisitions in no order:

A. Very Old Barton 1/2 Gallon - hard to apparently find here in MD!

B. Bardstown Fusion The Prisoner - found a dusty in my local shop jammed in the back!

C. Belle Meade Reserve - TN but still pretty darn good and hard to come by here.

D. Bardstown Ferrand - looking forward to this one.

E. Terry Bradshaw Bourbon - had to get it as a Steelers guy, have not opened it. Apparently it is allocated in MD (no idea why b/c usually most celebrity brands are overproduced)

Chris - kudos to your son, that is dedication on Pappy.

TD

B. Bardstown Fusion The Prisoner - found a dusty in my local shop jammed in the back!

C. Belle Meade Reserve - TN but still pretty darn good and hard to come by here.

E. Terry Bradshaw Bourbon - had to get it as a Steelers guy, have not opened it. Apparently it is allocated in MD (no idea why b/c usually most celebrity brands are overproduced)

Tom, looks like you've been busy and some great finds, except as a Baltimore native maybe the Bradshaw bourbon. :tongue: I've not seen most of those here in Kentucky. Would be interested in your review. Merry Christmas, Chris

Chris - kudos to your son, that is dedication on Pappy.

TD[/QUOTE]

And his girlfriend spent the night in line with him. He needs to marry that girl. ^&grin

Tom, looks like you've been busy and some great finds, except as a Baltimore native maybe the Bradshaw bourbon. :tongue: I've not seen most of those here in Kentucky. Would be interested in your review. Merry Christmas, Chris

I had only heard the hype of the Bradshaw Bourbon, had no idea of any limited or allocation until I found it on the "allocated" table at my local shop. They have a very fair system, they put all allocated items regardless of price or rarity on the front table - except Pappy. Pappy they do as a raffle and it is unannounced, so you have to be in the shop during the time frame to know. They sell it at retail, but unfortunately, I have never been that lucky.

Regarding Bardstown - they are exceptional. The Prisoner is aged bourbon in Prisoner Wine barrels and I have always loved the wine, well, the bourbon is a home run and sold out fast, I only got the second bottle b/c of a not so smart stock person who buried it behind new stock, got lucky and saw it!!

TD

Christmas gifts from oldest son. Numbers 5 and 17 on the Whisky Advocate annual top 20 picks. Chris

Christmas whiskey (2).jpg

Christmas gifts from oldest son. Numbers 5 and 17 on the Whisky Advocate annual top 20 picks. Chris

View attachment 283999

NICE!

I have a friend who is touring down your way all week. He stopped at Lux (Rebel Yell, yes it is still Rebel Yell to me!!!) and picked me up the distillery only concoction which is a blend of Rebel Yell 10 Year and Blood Oath, truly fantastic and well worth the price. One of my all time faves!

Rebel Yell 10 years is a great bourbon and their Root Beer and Ginger are pretty good too!

Td

So our local ABC held a draw on Dec 24 at 9AM. Everyone in line got a ticket and at 905AM they started drawing out of the hat. So at least you got an equal shot. The ticket allowed you a chance to buy off the specialty table of 95 bottles. Now 54 of those bottles were Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace. Yes even those are sometimes hard to find in this area. The top bottles were two Pappy Ten yr, Thomas Handy, a Weller's, Sam Houston 15 yr, Wild Turkeys Master Keep, A Midwinter Nights Dram,EH Taylor Single Barrel, Elijah Craig 18 yr and some others.
Out of just over two hundred tickets mine was pulled at fifteen. So finally after years of searching I was able to get a Blantons at shelf price. See how lucky some of you guys are!!
Happy New Year. Enjoy your Brown.

So our local ABC held a draw on Dec 24 at 9AM. Everyone in line got a ticket and at 905AM they started drawing out of the hat. So at least you got an equal shot. The ticket allowed you a chance to buy off the specialty table of 95 bottles. Now 54 of those bottles were Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace. Yes even those are sometimes hard to find in this area. The top bottles were two Pappy Ten yr, Thomas Handy, a Weller's, Sam Houston 15 yr, Wild Turkeys Master Keep, A Midwinter Nights Dram,EH Taylor Single Barrel, Elijah Craig 18 yr and some others.
Out of just over two hundred tickets mine was pulled at fifteen. So finally after years of searching I was able to get a Blantons at shelf price. See how lucky some of you guys are!!
Happy New Year. Enjoy your Brown.

Brian, glad you were able to get a good pick. I'm trying to find a Master's Keep. Just opened one of my last 3 bottles, and it's a rye. One of my favorites.

Happy New Year. Chris

Bourbons
Henri IV le Grand 1553 - 1610 Roi de France 1589-1610
Louis XV le Bien-Aimé 1710 - 1774 Roi de France 1715-1774
Louis 1729 - 1765 Dauphin
Louis XVI 1754 - 1793 Roi de France 1774-1791, roi des Français 1791-1792Louis XVIII 1755 - 1824 Roi de France 1814-1815, et 1815-1824

:salute::

Today's pick up at Buffalo Trace Distillery. Limited to one bottle of their daily release every three months. My wife picked up the other bottle for me. They ran out of EH Taylor (didn't restock the shelves) about 5 min after I got these. Chris
IMG_4926.JPG

Today's pick up at Buffalo Trace Distillery. Limited to one bottle of their daily release every three months. My wife picked up the other bottle for me. They ran out of EH Taylor (didn't restock the shelves) about 5 min after I got these. Chris
View attachment 285477

You really are a lucky guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my all time faves! I cherish the last bottle I have, or hoard it I should say! This is a much better thread to spend time on then the idiot gas prices!!!

TD

A long time friend came to visit for a few days from Cleveland. Visited Jim Beam and Four Roses Distilleries and had tastings. Fun time. Chris

Four Roses visitor center bar where I had a nice Manhattan.
4R1.jpg
4R3.jpg
4R6.jpg
4r2.jpg

Followed the tour with lunch at a small bar/restaurant appropriately named The Stave. Chris

4R4.jpg
4R5.jpg

I absolutely love these kind of watering holes/eateries . . .
Mike

Today's pick up Buffalo Trace distillery. Limited to one bottle every three months. Used to be my "go to" everyday bourbon at $34 ea until it became hard to find. Chris

ER.jpg

It's been over 2 years since I saw and had a bottle of Eagle Rare here in Wisconsin . . .
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back