Bourbon Lovers (1 Viewer)

Continuing on a roll with today's Buffalo Trace release of Blanton's. Again limited to one per customer every three months, by marshalling the family was able to pick up three bottles. One will go to my brother-in-law per special request. Chris

IMG_4834.JPG

Continuing on a roll with today's Buffalo Trace release of Blanton's. Again limited to one per customer every three months, by marshalling the family was able to pick up three bottles. One will go to my brother-in-law per special request. Chris

View attachment 278734

Once you have good stock, can I put in an order with you on a few of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Tom

You are really on a roll Chris. Bourbon is my go to fall, winter, early spring beverage. I keep the summer months and hot weather reserved for tequila.
Mike

You are really on a roll Chris. Bourbon is my go to fall, winter, early spring beverage. I keep the summer months and hot weather reserved for tequila.
Mike

Mike, I find Bourbon to be the perfect drink for all seasons. :wink2: Chris

Once you have good stock, can I put in an order with you on a few of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Tom

Tom, now have six bottles in stock, not counting the one set aside for my brother-in-law. One bottle has your name on it and if you're ever in Lexington, Louisville or anyplace in between, it's yours. Chris

Tom, now have six bottles in stock, not counting the one set aside for my brother-in-law. One bottle has your name on it and if you're ever in Lexington, Louisville or anyplace in between, it's yours. Chris

I am on my way :) Can I put a preorder in for Weller, Elmer T. Lee and various others!:!!?!?

Tom:)

A tale of two Bourbons redux.

Went back to Buffalo Trace Distillery for the daily release. This time EH Taylor, small batch. Called up the reserves (my wife) to get one bottle each. Price $43 per bottle.

IMG_4836.JPG

Yesterday's release was Eagle Rare. Unfortunately, now I have all the releases and can't make another purchase for 3 mos. :mad: Chris

IMG_4837.JPG

The streak continues.

Went to the local cigar & liquor store (a very natural combination) this AM. I mentioned to an employee they hadn't had Eagle Rare (ER) in a while, bought some cigars (buy three get one free on Wednesdays) and left. Clerk came out smiled and said to come in the store they might have something for me. She brought out a bottle of ER. They weren't going to put out the case they had until tomorrow but since I asked...:smile2: Price was $38 and I got $10 off with my club points.

They also had Blanton's but I passed at $99 (the distillery has it for $63), sorry Tom. :redface2:

Went to Kroger and thought I would go in their liquor store just to see what they had. They sold the last bottle of Blanton's while I was in the check out line. But I got another bottle of ER for $30, $4 cheaper than the distillery.

Chris

You're killing it for sure Chris. Truly the benefit of living in Kentucky and the land of Bourbon. I, on the other hand, living in Wisconsin, have plenty of resources for beer and brats at my disposal . . . Just not the same.
Mike

Visited Castle & Key Distillery, about 10 miles south of Frankfort, yesterday. Opened in 1887 by Col EH Taylor, the distillery eventually closed over a century later. Property was bought in 2012 and began producing Bourbon again in 2016. This is now a "craft distillery," less than 25,000 barrels aging. Couldn't get on a tour but did have an Old Fashion and walked the grounds including the spring house and the original furnace house has been converted to a gift shop. No bourbon released yet but did taste their Rye. Chris
https://castleandkey.com/pages/history
View attachment 279336
View attachment 279337
View attachment 279338
History_Hero_Horizontal.jpg

My two sons came home for the weekend. We're having an extended bourbon and whiskey tasting. Chris

We're didn't actually try every one, but had a lot to choose from.
Tastings.jpg

The Larceny Barrel Proof was this year's #1 pick from the Whiskey Advocate. First time I've been disappointed in their choice. Found this one to be harsh with an over powering after taste. The barrel proof is a bit difficult to find, usually can only find small batch. Looking fwd to trying Woodinville. It's on a lot of bourbon recommended lists.

Larceny.jpg

I started vacation tonight for week of toy show and figured I have nothing planned short of replacing a wooden fence.<br>
My wife is working and I can sleep in tomorrow.. Why not play some records. And..
What the -- I might as well take a stroll down a bourbon trail without leaving my home.

This was my trail tonight. Yes I am well aware I'm lucky. I was lucky enough to establish a relationship of buying and ordering quality booze from a small local store that grew big and the owner has always been kind to me. He still charges me.WOW. But I get some and for that I am grateful.
I almost added a two more stops.

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 155
Chris the bottle of Old Forrester looks like a dead soldier.:) Time to renew that stock!

Brian, would love to get another bottle but that Single Barrel is hard to find.

Here's a pic of my Blanton's collection. Still missing one of the jockeys. :smile2: Chris

Blantons.jpg

Makers Mark or Knob Creek.
Otherwise,
There's Whiskey in the Jar. Irish.
No mixing! (even though I do...)
Paddy

Last edited:
Received an early birthday present (Halloween) from my daughter. Two 1.75L bottles of Buffalo Trace . . . One of my favorites for making Old Fashions.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back