Bourbon Lovers (1 Viewer)

Today's pickup at Buffalo Trace Distillery. Only about 10 bottles left when I arrived. Locked out now for the next 3 months. Hope to pickup Eagle Rare next week. Chris

Blantons2.jpg

Today's pickup at Buffalo Trace. Got my reserve stocked, may have to open a bottle. Chris

ER 1.jpg
ER 2.jpg

I thought the monthly quota was one per customer per month....lol!!!

You are so lucky Chris!
Thanks Brian and the quota is one every three months. Sometimes I can get my wife to go with me, but not today. :rolleyes2:

Daughter-in-law gave me a bottle for watching the kids this weekend. Btw, I earned it. ^&grin Chris

attachment.php

Picked these up today at a Total Wine store.
The Maker's Mark is one of a series of barrel stave flavored bourbons. The different staves used are depicted on the label. This one is 107.8 proof as opposed to the 112 proof companions. Chris
Makers.jpg
Knob.jpg

Anyone else get any bourbon lately?

Picked up Little Book yesterday. A highly regarded bourbon but very difficult to find. Got one for my older son's Bday, one for youngest son and one for me. :smile2:

IMG_5301.JPG

For day to day sipping. The Penelope toasted barrel is very good.

IMG_5303.JPG

Chris, you are very lucky to live in Kentucky where it is not at all difficult to make a trip to your favorite Bourbon distilleries . . . A great many of your "finds" are complete unknowns here in Wisconsin. Recently I have started to enjoy a good sip or two once again now that fall is here and the air is cooler and quite crisp. I really do enjoy Bourbon but for me it's a seasonal favorite.

Mike

Chris, you are very lucky to live in Kentucky where it is not at all difficult to make a trip to your favorite Bourbon distilleries . . . A great many of your "finds" are complete unknowns here in Wisconsin. Recently I have started to enjoy a good sip or two once again now that fall is here and the air is cooler and quite crisp. I really do enjoy Bourbon but for me it's a seasonal favorite.

Mike
Mike, you'll always have your cheeses. {sm4} Sorry, I known that's mean.

To say I've been extremely lucky is an understatement. Won a Kroger Grocery lottery to buy a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 yr old at $119, priced at $3,000 online.

IMG_5455.JPG

The next week rec'd an email from a local liquor store I regularly visit. Said I was getting a loyal customer reward and pick my top three whiskeys from a list of ten. Got my second choice, Van Winkle Special Reserve 10 yr old for $150, retails online for $1,200.
IMG_5454.JPG

Put those with the Old Rip Van Winkle 10 yr I already have (drank another at my oldest son's promotion earlier this yr) and it makes my "triple threat." {sm4} Chris

IMG_5456.JPG

To say I've been extremely lucky is an understatement. Won a Kroger Grocery lottery to buy a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 yr old at $119, priced at $3,000 online.

View attachment 293353

The next week rec'd an email from a local liquor store I regularly visit. Said I was getting a loyal customer reward and pick my top three whiskeys from a list of ten. Got my second choice, Van Winkle Special Reserve 10 yr old for $150, retails online for $1,200.
View attachment 293358

Put those with the Old Rip Van Winkle 10 yr I already have (drank another at my oldest son's promotion earlier this yr) and it makes my "triple threat." {sm4} Chris

View attachment 293362

This is why I wish I live in KY! Nice scores all the way around!
Tom

It just doesn't seem worth saying, "Yes, but I live in Wisconsin and have access to a lot of cheese" 😂🤣. I will say though that just before Thanksgiving I was able to purchase 5 bottles of Buffalo Trace single barrel which made me very happy and set for the holiday season. Congratulations Chris and enjoy

Mike

Well to say your lucky is an understatement. Those three bottles are what dreams are made of in the bourbon world. The three stores in my local are having draws. Your allowed to put one ticket in for the chance of one top shelf bourbon. There are five selections and only one bottle of Pappy amongst those stores. At least it makes it a fair deal. I put mine in for the 18 yr Elijah Craig. Like I said what dreams are made of in this part of the state.
Enjoy and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Well to say your lucky is an understatement. Those three bottles are what dreams are made of in the bourbon world. The three stores in my local are having draws. Your allowed to put one ticket in for the chance of one top shelf bourbon. There are five selections and only one bottle of Pappy amongst those stores. At least it makes it a fair deal. I put mine in for the 18 yr Elijah Craig. Like I said what dreams are made of in this part of the state.
Enjoy and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Good luck in the drawing Brian. And Merry Christmas to you and family as well. Chris

It just doesn't seem worth saying, "Yes, but I live in Wisconsin and have access to a lot of cheese" 😂🤣. I will say though that just before Thanksgiving I was able to purchase 5 bottles of Buffalo Trace single barrel which made me very happy and set for the holiday season. Congratulations Chris and enjoy

Mike

Reminds me of earlier times on this forum when I tried to get involved in the American Football threads. I 'supported' the Green Bay Packers, partly because my surname is Green and their Green and Gold colours are similar to Australia's Sporting Colours. From memory the Cheeseheads won the Superbowl that year. And I say 'supported' because 'Rooting' means something completely different in Australia {eek3} ^&grin

I think Toasted Barrel is the best variation of any Bourbon. I think the flavors are more rich and pronounced. Those are difficult to find, even here in Kentucky. However, I was able to get a few bottles lately.
Toasted Barrel.jpg
Penelope 2.jpg

Got a loyal customer reward, Weller Full Proof for $80, goes for $250 on secondary market. Never seen this one in stores. Chris

Weller.jpg

This week's pick up at the local distillery.

Blanton.3.jpg

Hi Chris

Bourbon, my favourite tipple......but to much of a good thing was bad for me and I have been tipple free since November 2004 {eek3}^&grin

All the best

Martyn
:)

Hi ChrisBourbon, my favourite tipple......but to much of a good thing was bad for me and I have been tipple free since November 2004 {eek3}^&grin

Martyn, reminds me of a story Mark Twain once told. A friend said he wasn't feeling well. Twain asked if he was drinking too much and the answer was no, the friend said he didn't drink alcohol. Twain asked how much he was smoking. Same answer, friend didn't smoke. There you have it exclaimed Twain! You've been neglecting your vices.Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back