Britain's American Civil War (3 Viewers)

Another great set of photos Mike. I like the aerial view, are you getting rid of your Zulus to create the extra space?

Thanks Jeff, Martyn, and Joe.

Glad you like it 6th WI. Brawner Farm is one of my favorite battles of the war. Short and fierce matching two famed brigades against each other, the Iron Brigade and the Stonewall Brigade. Even with the space I have I still had to make "terrain concessions" in order to be able to use not only the farm house but also all of the farm out buildings. For example, the actual farm house sat about 500 yards back from the Warrenton Pike, not at its edge as in my diorama. All in all I wanted my diorama terrain to incorporate a farm, a farm lane, and mimic a road similar to the Warrenton Pike. Next year, I am going to expand the diorama and try to mimic the right flank of the Federal line where the 6th and 7th Wisconsin were and the high ground where Battery B, 4th US Artillery was. This will require elevation differences.

Some more action that my grand daughter Megan and I put together this past Saturday . . . . . Mike

PICT0006-4.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Two awesome looking photos Mike.

Another great set of photos Mike. I like the aerial view, are you getting rid of your Zulus to create the extra space?

Two awesome looking photos Mike.

Scott you ought to be a detective. Sadly :( its true, I am in the process of divesting my Zulu collection. I haven't opening advertised it. Brian Dietz has been aware of it and now has many sets that used to be mine.

Thanks Titus. Would love to see photos of your ACW collection.

My series with Megan continues . . . . . . . . . .Mike

PICT0005-5.jpg

PICT0003-13.jpg

Megan continues to add to your fun as well her own Mike once again providing you with another two set ups for you to photograph.

Thanks Scott

Ask and you shall receive Jeff. After the first of the year I will be doubling the size of the terrain area :D

Mike

PICT0001-8.jpg

Mike,

I guess you will have to double your TS recruits too. I am sure Megan will help with the setup.

Brian

Thank you one and all; Jake, Michael, Joe, and Brian.

My fun with Megan's help continues:

PICT0001-19.jpg

PICT0014-1.jpg

Very nice Mike, your pictures are out of this world. Megan certainly has been a great little helper. I hope that Santa is good to her this year :)

Nice seeing you and Megan playing again this morning there's no doubt you've both having fun playing together.

Thanks Scott, Bill, and Joe. This series of photos "with Megan" were all taken on this past Saturday - she actually went home (LaCrosse, WI 2-hr drive) on Sunday morning. We worked on setting everything up and then I showed her how I take the photos - 12 in all. Here are some of her insights:

Meagan was curious as to why some of the soldiers had "pokers" on the end of their "gun".

She liked the drummer boys alot and enjoyed playing with them. She was really upset and concerned to think that boys the age of her brother (my grandson is 11) had to serve in the army and sometimes were hurt or killed.

She really, really liked the horses and was really upset that I have one that's dead.

I asked her if she knew why the Federal troops were dressed in blue and the Confederate troops were dressed in gray. Her reply "Because they are on different teams Grandpa" - Only an 8-year old could come up with an answer like that.

Here are the last photos that Megan helped me with. The first one was displayed earlier, but I moved it to a different Photobucket file and inadvertently erased it from this thread - sooooo I am showing it again . . . . . . . . Mike

PICT0015B.jpg

PICT0013B.jpg

Out of the mouths of babes eh Mike. Thanks to you and Megan for sharing your playtime. I hope she comes back for a visit real soon. :)

Thanks Scott. Megan will be back to visit at Christmas.

Thought I would "paint" tonight . . . . . . . . Mike

fx11448eb235ab941dad56a618f5a991a44.jpg

Here's a photo that shows some age. Perhaps Mathew Brady took this :rolleyes:
Mike

fx91e1abe46ee163d411b352bb67f42bb89.jpg

Mike, try bringing your troops down the road by 4s or 2s. That's how they "worked." OR...no formation at all.

Thank you Mark, Scott, and Scott

These are really good Mike, I especially like the watercolour

Scott, I have been distracted lately trying to organize my basement area so no new pictures. However, I have taken the time this morning to "paint" another picture ;) . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mike

fx35d09f3c4387c4cacd639354d5a838f11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back