Britain's American Civil War (4 Viewers)

Thank you Mark, Scott, and Scott

[/B]

Scott, I have been distracted lately trying to organize my basement area so no new pictures. However, I have taken the time this morning to "paint" another picture ;) . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mike

fx35d09f3c4387c4cacd639354d5a838f11.jpg

Nice job with the paint brush Mike and got a hunch they'll be another farm house to paint arriving for you to paint.

I received an email from Ken Osen this morning with some intel on what's in the works for ACW. Here's a picture he sent me showing the soon to be released ambuance w/driver and horse team, the medical steward, and the stretcher bearers w/wounded soldier. All three sets were on display at the UK show. I have been sworn to secrecy on the other ACW items that are on the work bench. All in do time ;) - I know it will be an expensive Spring for me :eek: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mike

Ambulance.jpg

I received an email from Ken Osen this morning with some intel on what's in the works for ACW. Here's a picture he sent me showing the soon to be released ambuance w/driver and horse team, the medical steward, and the stretcher bearers w/wounded soldier. All three sets were on display at the UK show. I have been sworn to secrecy on the other ACW items that are on the work bench. All in do time ;) - I know it will be an expensive Spring for me :eek: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mike

Ambulance.jpg

Mike thanks for posting this. These sets will defiantly be on my list also. Cant wait to see what those other sets will be.

Ambulance.jpg

BEAUTIFUL !!!! and okay the ambulance looks good in this scenario, base blends right in :D;) :D:D :)

BEAUTIFUL !!!! and okay the ambulance looks good in this scenario, base blends right in :D;) :D:D :)

He told me about another very nice set at a recent show, but mum's the word. Lots of great stuff. That ambulance is going to add a whole another facet to my collection.

This looked good anyway but with realistic grass on it it looks fantastic.
Mark

Ambulance.jpg

The ambulance looks awesome!:) Gotta pick up that stretcher team!:cool:

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally finished organizing "my space" so now I can enjoy it. Its been over a week since I added a new picture of my display so this morning I took a couple of new photos. These pictures are from what I call the "west" side of my diorama looking north and east. Before my "man cave" reorganization this part of the diorama table was up against a wall and I was not able to take photos from this perspective . . . . . . . . Mike

ACW102.jpg

ACW103.jpg

Very nice Mike, looks like some other photo opportunities have opened up with the movement of the dio table. Great stuff, nice to see and arial photo and one in the "thick" of the action :)

Thank you Michael and Scott.

Within the past hour UPS delivered a Federal artillery set to me. This one was made by the Old Northwest Trading Company and is #ACW-01 Loomis' Battery, 1st Michigan Light Artillery, Battery A. It originally came with a 10 pound Parrott barrel on the carriage. I swapped it out with a 12 pound Napoleon barrel that I had from a Don Troiani Historical Miniatures model 1857 Napoleon 12 pounder Field Gun set. This was easy enough to do, both barrels came separate from the carriages and both carriages were identical - a very easy exchange. I did this because I am trying to create Battey B, 4th U.S. Artillery which was attached to the Iron Brigade. Battery B consisted of 6 brass Napoleons. Two down, four more to go . . . . .

As a side note, besides sculpting the Wm Britain ACW sets, Ken Osen also sculpted this set as well as the Don Troiani set. This is why I am mixing it with my Wm Britain sets - its a perfect fit in appearance and scale.

Here are some photos of my new gun in action along side my Wm Britain gun and crew . . . . . . . . . . Mike

This ONTC set comes with a five man gun crew
ACW104.jpg

Side-by-side with the Wm Britains (upper) gun and crew
ACW105.jpg

ONTC (right) Wm Britain (left)
ACW106.jpg

Aerial view of both guns and their intended target
ACW107.jpg

Nice hearing that your playspace is organized and seeing you playing again earlier this AM. I'm sure it didn't take you very long to set up and photographer your new gun crew with it new 12 pounder attached along aside your already on hand 12 pounder and gun crew. Nicely done conversion Mike along with a group of fine photos. I'm sure you can't wait to get you hands on the new ACW sets due out in 2010 to play with.

Making up for lost time I see Mike :) Another nice addition to "the farm". Be nice to see that ambulance stopped in the laneway when it comes out.

Cheers

Scott

You keep expanding and you will be reorganizing again.:D Great collection Mike.
Mark

Here are some photos of my new gun in action along side my Wm Britain gun and crew . . . . . . . . . . Mike

This ONTC set comes with a five man gun crew
ACW104.jpg

Side-by-side with the Wm Britains (upper) gun and crew
ACW105.jpg

ONTC (right) Wm Britain (left)
ACW106.jpg

Aerial view of both guns and their intended target
ACW107.jpg

Lovely pictures Mike

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks one and all; Joe, Scott, Mark, Jake, Titus, Bill, and Martyn.

While I was cleaning and straightening up "my space" I found an old picture of my Great Great Grandfather :rolleyes:;). Thought I would share it with all of you:

PICT0001-13.jpg

Truthfully its actually a photo of myself many years ago when I was a serious ACW re-enactor. This photo was taken in my "western" impression uniform when I was a member of Company D, 10th Tenn Volunteer Infantry Regiment (Irish). Can anyone say Avatar? This brings back fond memories . . . . . . . . . Mike

Thanks one and all; Joe, Scott, Mark, Jake, Titus, Bill, and Martyn.

While I was cleaning and straightening up "my space" I found an old picture of my Great Great Grandfather :rolleyes:;). Thought I would share it with all of you:

PICT0001-13.jpg

Truthfully its actually a photo of myself many years ago when I was a serious ACW re-enactor. This photo was taken in my "western" impression uniform when I was a member of Company D, 10th Tenn Volunteer Infantry Regiment (Irish). Can anyone say Avatar? This brings back fond memories . . . . . . . . . Mike

Could have fooled me Mike had you not made the confession it was you. Nice way to kick off a Saturday afternoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back