Britain's American Civil War (4 Viewers)

Great set Mike,Looks like a banner year for you collecting Britain's civil war.
Mark

Thank you my friends; Scott, Joe, Titus, Jake, Randy, Michael, and Mark. More play time this morning using the new ambulance wagon set in a scene that I call . . . . . . .

Let's Hope Not . . . .

Union soldiers pass by an ambulance as they hurrry to the sound of musket fire ahead of them. As they pass, each soldier is thinking to himself, "I hope and pray I won't be in need of their services today."

PICT0001-17.jpg

PICT0002-16.jpg

Sets shown: Wm Britain #31052 Union Rucker Ambulance Wagon, Conte #ACW57125 Union Marching Set #2, custom made dio bases and foliage made by Ken Osen

A great way to start my weekend Mike, enjoying a cup of coffee and your photos. I think the ambulances services will however be required quite soon ;);)

It's always nice to see you at play Mike as I enjoy my cup of java....The Lt.

Another nice picture to help atart the day along with my cup of Hazelnut coffe.

Does Britain make any figures of the trops enjoying coffee and hardtack arounf the early morning campfire.

Brian

Thanks Scott, Joe, and Brian.

Another nice picture to help atart the day along with my cup of Hazelnut coffe.

Does Britain make any figures of the trops enjoying coffee and hardtack arounf the early morning campfire.
Brian

Brian, Wm. Britain/Ertl/RC2 came out with set #17427 Union Camp Scene in 2004 with three figures sitting around a campfire enjoying coffee and hardtack. They also came out with #17428 Confederate Camp Scene with three figures playing cards. Both sets are long retired . . . . . . . Mike

Attachments

• tn_32.jpg
    tn_32.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 523
  • tn_34.jpg
    tn_34.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 517
Nice diorama pics! I have my Rucker wagon on the way... I will be placing it at the crest of the ridge to the right of the Copse of Trees in my Gettysburg diorama... Thanks to Britains for their unique and interesting pieces! :cool:

Great looking set, as always, from Britains. Britains is far and away the best ACW manufacturer and certainly the most involved with all the wonderful accessories and add-ons they make. -- lancer

I agree, their stuff is superb. I have only been collecting for two years now and I am trying to catch up. The lesson I've learned is to buy as soon as you can because some of these sets are going to sell out quick and you'll be kicking yourself for not buying them when you still could. The other thing I've learned is that Ken Osen is an artistic genius and I envy and admire him for his talent.

I like the Rucker, beautiful piece. One complaint, I would have rather had it free standing without the base.

TD

Thank you my friends; Scott, Joe, Titus, Jake, Randy, Michael, and Mark. More play time this morning using the new ambulance wagon set in a scene that I call . . . . . . .

Let's Hope Not . . . .

Union soldiers pass by an ambulance as they hurrry to the sound of musket fire ahead of them. As they pass, each soldier is thinking to himself, "I hope and pray I won't be in need of their services today."

Sets shown: Wm Britain #31052 Union Rucker Ambulance Wagon, Conte #ACW57125 Union Marching Set #2, custom made dio bases and foliage made by Ken Osen

Mike

A wonderful pair of scenes/photos. Worthy of Stephen Crane's Red Badge of Courage

Randy

Thanks Scott, Joe, and Brian.

Brian, Wm. Britain/Ertl/RC2 came out with set #17427 Union Camp Scene in 2004 with three figures sitting around a campfire enjoying coffee and hardtack. They also came out with #17428 Confederate Camp Scene with three figures playing cards. Both sets are long retired . . . . . . . Mike

These are the first 2 sets I bought from Treefrog in 2004 when I started collecting again. They are among my favorites. i wish Ken would add to these some new camp scenes.

Food for thought. Had Mike stay on this thread with all of his ACW WB post which would have been one thread giving him 1636 replys and 74,244 views. He left this one thread with 531 replys and 23,330 views. Mike with his love for his new found series created 82 new threads which give him a total of 1105 replys and 50,914 views from all 82 threads which would have been reflected in the one thread. He sure did put alot of time an effort bringing WB ACW to the forfront. Nice Job Mike.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

These are the first 2 sets I bought from Treefrog in 2004 when I started collecting again. They are among my favorites. i wish Ken would add to these some new camp scenes.
Those are nice sets. I looked at them for a long time and wish I bought them. I did order the ONW letter writer to go with my Britain's medical sets but would love to include the Union camp set.

Great shots Mike that really tell a story without need of text. One can imagine those Billy Yanks in your scene being reminded to scribble their names and regiments on scraps of cloth and pinning them on their tunics before seeing the elephant

The Rucker is the only piece of WB's I have not invested in.......to be honest I don't quite no why as it really is a great set and it's still available from a number of UK stockists

On refelection I think I'm agreeing with Tom's comment that I would have much preferred it as a free standing piece that could be unhooked from the horses which would have given the dio maker a lot more options. However, I might still be persuaded to go with it eventually

Bob

Food for thought. Had Mike stay on this thread with all of his ACW WB post which would have been one thread giving him 1636 replys and 74,244 views. He left this one thread with 531 replys and 23,330 views. Mike with his love for his new found series created 82 new threads which give him a total of 1105 replys and 50,914 views from all 82 threads which would have been reflected in the one thread. He sure did put alot of time an effort bringing WB ACW to the forfront. Nice Job Mike.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Seems like a bunch to me . . . thanks Joe for the recognition . . .
:smile2: Mike

FINALLY! AT LAST! Just finished talking to my retail dealer and was told that WB #31074 The Chosen Ground Command Set #3 (Iron Brigade) is shipping next week. Its been a long long wait for this set but I know it will have been worth it. Just a heads up . . . this is a limited edition set of just 500. Can't wait to get mine . . . . will now be able to finish my 2nd WI Iron Brigade dio of their advance into Herbst Woods on July 1, 1863 at Gettysburg . . .

31074LR.jpg

FINALLY! AT LAST! Just finished talking to my retail dealer and was told that WB #31074 The Chosen Ground Command Set #3 (Iron Brigade) is shipping next week. Its been a long long wait for this set but I know it will have been worth it. Just a heads up . . . this is a limited edition set of just 500. Can't wait to get mine . . . . will now be able to finish my 2nd WI Iron Brigade dio of their advance into Herbst Woods on July 1, 1863 at Gettysburg . . .

View attachment 74171

Looking forward to seeing you at play with it Mike

Yes I think we are looking forward to it as much as you,well not quite as much as you.^&grinAnother LE,that's great.
Mark

Just got my "The Chosen Ground" Command Set # 3 today. It looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back