Britain's Zulu War (2 Viewers)

Just been bought by my wife's parents a number of sets from the Zulu range as she heard me saying I liked the film. These are the first sets of britains that I have ever got and, must say that the quality is very very good and, not what I expected as I have shyed away from makers like britains in the past.

Sadly, now my bank balance will be hit as I am sure a Iam going to have to get some more.

Well pleased with them all the same
Mitch

Welcome to AZW Mitch :D They are nice figures and they have brought me endless enjoyment as I create my little dios.

Thanks for that. As I said something I would never have dreamed of getting myself but, that has all changed. My wife's face spoke volumes when I opened them 'not another range' But, look forward to making some dio's for them
Mitch

Welcome to AZW Mitch :D They are nice figures and they have brought me endless enjoyment as I create my little dios.

A little evening playtime.......The Lt.

004-21.jpg

Another beautiful photo Joe and thanks for the email. I think it need to add more light as I am using all the other suggestions.

Photo shoot this weekend :)

A little evening playtime.......The Lt.

004-21.jpg

A very nice photo joe that adds enjoyment to my evening. I am viewing this from my Son's house in Sturgeon Bay, WI. My daughter-in-law's father is seriously ill - she has to go to Oregon to help her mom in her time of need. My son is on patrol and won't be back in until Monday . . . . so Grandpa gets to stay with his grandson. Will keep an eye on the forum from here . . . .
:) Mike

Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for us over the weekend Scott. Sorry to hear about your daugther in-laws dad Mike hope it turns out for the best and seems like grand dad's Johnny on the spot again. Nice knowing you'll be keeping an eye on us. Thanks Martyn got in a little early AM playtime........The Lt.

026-1.jpg

A very nice photo joe that adds enjoyment to my evening. I am viewing this from my Son's house in Sturgeon Bay, WI. My daughter-in-law's father is seriously ill - she has to go to Oregon to help her mom in her time of need. My son is on patrol and won't be back in until Monday . . . . so Grandpa gets to stay with his grandson. Will keep an eye on the forum from here . . . .
:) Mike

Sorry to hear that Mike, hope everythig turns out for the best. Enjoy the time spent with your grandson.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for us over the weekend Scott. Sorry to hear about your daugther in-laws dad Mike hope it turns out for the best and seems like grand dad's Johnny on the spot again. Nice knowing you'll be keeping an eye on us. Thanks Martyn got in a little early AM playtime........The Lt.

026-1.jpg

Another nice photo to view while I sip my morning java. :)

Just starting to get some of these sets and, they are really very good. The photo/dio is excellent and cannot wait to get started on some of these hope mine come out as well.

My condolances and best wishes to you at this difficult time
Mitch

Looking forward to seeing you at play Mitch and once again thanks for your comments Michael as my playtime continues........Papa Zulu aka The Lt.

015-12.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you at play Mitch and once again thanks for your comments Michael as my playtime continues........Papa Zulu aka The Lt.

015-12.jpg

Another nice photo Joe. I think that one ranker "gets the point" that the Zulu warrior is the "butt of a joke"
:) MIke

For us Zulu War Collectors

It's also very intresting to know the following about Lt. Col. Mike Cook as a member of the the well known Wales Regiement which also adds to his knowledge and writtings of the Zulu War. The Lt. Col. is also well known as an active member of the Rorke's Drift VC Forum an a major contributor to it..........The Lt.

Wednesday 22 January 1879 was one of the most dramatic days in the annals of military history. In the morning, a modern British army was swept aside by the onset of a seemingly unstoppable host at Isandlwana. Nearby, at a remote border outpost on the Buffalo River, a single company of the 24th Regiment and a few dozen recuperating hospital patients were passing another hot, monotonous day. News of the disaster across the river came like a bolt from the blue. Retreat was not an option. It seemed certain that the Rorke’s Drift detachment would share the terrible fate of their comrades.

Colonel Snook brings the insights of a military professional to bear in this strikingly original account. It is an extraordinary tale – a victory largely achieved by the sheer bloody-mindedness in adversity of the British infantryman, fighting at the remarkable odds of over thirty to one. The heroics of all eleven VC winners are recounted in detail, and we are offered new insights into how the Zulu attack unfolded and how 150 men achieved their improbable victory. The author describes the remainder of the war, from the recovery of the lost Queen’s Colour of the 24th to the climactic charge of the 17th Lancers at Ulundi. We return to Isandlwana to consider culpability, and learn of the often tragic fates of many of the war’s participants.

Colonel Mike Snook is a serving officer of the Royal Regiment of Wales (formerly the 24th). Richard Holmes described his first book on Isandlwana as ‘the most powerful and moving account of the great Zulu epic that I have read’.

Attachments

• 2817.jpg
    2817.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2818.jpg
    2818.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back