Britain's Zulu War (5 Viewers)

Very nice Martyn and good to see you enjoying a little WB playtime on this thread. Hopefully I will be adding some snaps this weekend if my parcel arrives in time :D

Glad you like them Scott, what sets are you waiting on this weekend?

Cheers

Martyn:)

Well they arrived a little earlier than expected :D Just some quick snaps as I was to excited and had to show them off. Hopefully I can sneak a little playtime on Sunday or Monday.

First up the WBCC figures

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

Altogether :)

DSCF1140.jpg

It's a great set and provides much need support for my Isandlwana troops. The only gripe I would has is that the officer reminds me too much of Chard, a small niggle and as they will not be displayed together not much of an issue. Highly recommended to those of you sitting on the fence. Lots of nice detail in the gun and figures as is to be expected.

Well Done WB!!!!! another nice set and looking forward to the next gun and hopefully a limber and some horses may be in the pipeline ?

Some very nice additions to your ever expanding AZW collection Scott. That gun and crew set is great looking . . . . WB continues to do some very nicely done gun sets don't they . . . both AZW and ACW ^&grin . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Thanks Mike, I was very impressed when I took it out of the packaging and set it up. Looking forward to the next one.

Martyn, Scott...nice pics...both of you...

Scott...I especially like your artillery piece and crew...

Great new additions you have there Scott, along with Mike and Michael, I like the gun and crew {bravo}}

Cheers

I am told there is a limber in the pipeline. the description given sounded amazing. Galloping to try to get away but having left it too late a zulu has leapt onto one of the drivers whilst another gunner is arching his back wounded and another is frantically firing back. I look forward to seeing this one in the flesh.

Thanks Martyn, is a set headed your way?

Thanks Papa Z and good to see you back, I wondered what had happened to you !!

I am told there is a limber in the pipeline. the description given sounded amazing. Galloping to try to get away but having left it too late a zulu has leapt onto one of the drivers whilst another gunner is arching his back wounded and another is frantically firing back. I look forward to seeing this one in the flesh.

Interesting, but would horses and a limber galloping away be accurate if the guns are being fired? Were they not suppose to save the guns? or am I too much in movieland :D Hopefully they will be issues as sets of two to help keep the immediate costs down.

After firing on the advancing Zulus the guns were recovered before they were overrun, likely with the intention of moving them to another position. The gunners running along side under attack. Due to the speed of the advance or becoming stuck in a ravine the guns were unable to redeploy and the remaining drivers being dragged off their horses and killed.

Thanks Martyn, is a set headed your way?

Thanks Papa Z and good to see you back, I wondered what had happened to you !!

I hope to get down to MKL week commencing 12th Scott and collect my set then, Lynn is on holiday at the moment

Cheers

Altogether :)

DSCF1140.jpg

It's a great set and provides much need support for my Isandlwana troops. The only gripe I would has is that the officer reminds me too much of Chard, a small niggle and as they will not be displayed together not much of an issue. Highly recommended to those of you sitting on the fence. Lots of nice detail in the gun and figures as is to be expected.

Well Done WB!!!!! another nice set and looking forward to the next gun and hopefully a limber and some horses may be in the pipeline ?

Hi Scott,

Artillery always makes for a great display ^&cool your collection certainly has grown over the last couple of years. :smile2:

Jeff

After firing on the advancing Zulus the guns were recovered before they were overrun, likely with the intention of moving them to another position. The gunners running along side under attack. Due to the speed of the advance or becoming stuck in a ravine the guns were unable to redeploy and the remaining drivers being dragged off their horses and killed.

Thanks for the info, I guess we will have to wait and see what WB releases. I am looking forward to it.

I hope to get down to MKL week commencing 12th Scott and collect my set then, Lynn is on holiday at the moment

Cheers

Good stuff Martyn, you'll enjoy it.

Hi Scott,

Artillery always makes for a great display ^&cool your collection certainly has grown over the last couple of years. :smile2:

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, it certainly has !! Just 3 short years ago I didn't even have one figure! {eek3}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back