Foam Desert Fort... (1 Viewer)

by the way...these containers come unpainted...

CD0335.jpg

I do agree with you on the tower. But everything else looks great! I would go with a much simpler plan for the tower, maybe just a 3 story square building, with the first being a map room, and the top being much smaller, maybe with a telescope, just a lookout kind of thing.

I reworked the tower a little...added the merlons to the top...

I really am not crazy about it...but I really wanted the open look of the windows and the interior of the second and third level floors to be able to be photographed....

I intended the first level to be like an officer's quarters...maybe have a table/chairs in there and some guys conferring looking at maps...

the second level to be a lookout point...and the upper level to be the main lookout point...

101_1361.jpg

101_1362.jpg

101_1363.jpg

101_1364.jpg

101_1365.jpg

Fabulous !!

Now you need a great big flagpole on that tower Michael, the Union flag blowing in the breeze.............Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves..... :D:D

Just what the captain of engeniers ordered! That realt completes it! Just get a bunch of Gordons!

I reworked the tower a little...added the merlons to the top...

I really am not crazy about it...but I really wanted the open look of the windows and the interior of the second and third level floors to be able to be photographed....

I intended the first level to be like an officer's quarters...maybe have a table/chairs in there and some guys conferring looking at maps...

the second level to be a lookout point...and the upper level to be the main lookout point...

101_1361.jpg

101_1362.jpg

101_1363.jpg

101_1364.jpg

101_1365.jpg

Mike, you shouldn't be your own worse critic, you should be most proud of this achievement; we all are. ;):)

Jeff

Mike, you shouldn't be your own worse critic, you should be most proud of this achievement; we all are. ;):)

Jeff

I'm not fussing about it...I'm happy with everything I have done so far...I started with no plans except a square fort, merlon/crenel battlement walls, a heavy wooden gate and some arched doors...just "winging it"...one step at a time...I'm very happy with everything I have done so far...

All I want to say about your creation Mr. Michael is FABULOUS!. Michael, really, your fort turned out very very nice. Well done Sir! HUZZAH! . . . . .
:) Mike

Michael:

The fort came out spectacularly...even better than I anticipated. The wooden details really give it great dimension, and I love the texture of the whole structure. You really do need to see it with the figures to appreciate the size of this model. With that said, I can't get over the unbelievable work you did building the kitchen counter island pedastal it is displayed on! :D

Mike, great job, you have a lot of talent and creativity. The how to in building this massive fort was outstanding. I am not shocked with your skills, I seen your redoubt work, you have the bug, can't wait to see your future work. I know this stuff takes lots of time and effort, the wood working and small details are what make it a Mike Miller, Great job.:)

Michael,

I've missed this thread so far so I discover all of it in one time.
this is just awesome !!!
Congratulations !

Michel

I finished this fort about a week ago...as far as I'm going to go with it anyway...and had been waiting on 3 set of the JJD Gordons (standing/kneeling) firing sets to set up some pictures...

well...the figures arrived...and while the fort is huge...I tried to take some pictures...

I only have 23 JJD Gordons and 11 Wm. Brit/JJD Mahdist and FW's...which is a meager crew to man the fort...much less a smaller force to attack it...

so...these pictures are done with "smoke and mirrors"...:D...it's the same 23 guys moved all around to make it look like more...

anyway...I took a slew of pictures to show...so here they are...

the first ones are of the front of the fort and the inside of the observation tower...

the inside of the tower was extremely difficult to take photos of because I couldn't get enough light in it...

but you can see some detail on the maps I put on the walls and the tables inside...

I was very pleased with the fort in all...but it is entirely too large to man with my meager collection right now...

I made a small garrison fort and will do some pictures with the figures in it next week...

101_1769.jpg

101_1765.jpg

101_1751.jpg

101_1727.jpg

101_1753.jpg

101_1761.jpg

101_1643.jpg

101_1636.jpg

here are some more inside the tower...it was very difficult to get enough lighting inside the tower...so I apologize for the clarity of the photos...I put a Zulu shield inside...it was supposed to be something like memorabilia that an officer might decorate his quarters with...I know it's not appropriate for this conflict...but lets just assume an officer brought it along to decorate his office with...the Nile Wars and Zulu Wars occurred about the same time period...so it could be an officer's souvenier...:D...I'm sorry so many of the pictures are similar...I struggled to get any "decent" shots and couldn't bear to trash them...so you have to see them all...:D

101_1632.jpg

101_1639.jpg

101_1630.jpg

101_1626.jpg

101_1617.jpg

101_1600.jpg

Excellent pictures Michael, I think the Zulu shield is a very nice touch.

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back