My Flat Collection (1 Viewer)

Who makes this? I love it!

Hi Zach,
I hate to sound like a broken record but this is a composite set I purchased on ebay that was originally sold by Two Trees thru Michigan toy soldier company.
I mention them regularly because they are the only retail outlet for commercially painted high quality finished flats. they have an excellent range, a few other examples, these are part of there French and Indian wars series.

haha! I think it's time for me to go buy some from MichToy! Thanks

The picts on their website are so small, but now that I see better picts from you, I'm in! {sm4}

haha! I think it's time for me to go buy some from MichToy! Thanks

The picts on their website are so small, but now that I see better picts from you, I'm in! {sm4}

Careful Zach! it's been said here before "Once you go Flat, you never go back!!;)

one more set on the trapper/Indian theme

Careful Zach! it's been said here before "Once you go Flat, you never go back!!;)

one more set on the trapper/Indian theme

I now have 4 flat sets from Two Trees, all Nap cavalry. Am very happy with the painting. Also ,if MTS has item in stock, they ship out very quickly..Michael

I now have 4 flat sets from Two Trees, all Nap cavalry. Am very happy with the painting. Also ,if MTS has item in stock, they ship out very quickly..Michael

Great Michael! Please post some pics of your new sets, when you find some flats that really pop with the 3-d effect on a flat surface it really has a Wow factor.
I just had an email exchange with Tom Stark, founder of Two Trees and he said he had received a group of Civil War castings that are in process of mastering for production, so the line continues to expand in subject matter.
Ray

I posted them in a different thread, but here were my first two flat purchases from a few weeks ago. I got them from Berliner Zinnfiguren and they are wonderful. I ordered some Indians from Michigan Toy Soldier and will post some photos when i get them

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

I posted them in a different thread, but here were my first two flat purchases from a few weeks ago. I got them from Berliner Zinnfiguren and they are wonderful. I ordered some Indians from Michigan Toy Soldier and will post some photos when i get them

View attachment 138306

View attachment 138307

Very nice Zach, now did you place them in the scenery or were they purchased that way, Window box?
Ray

My latest pick up from a very nice gentleman in Ohio, 13 Russian Hussars with lance and without and a large group of Pavlov Russian Guard Grenadiers, officers and drummers.

Those two sets came in small frames. I have one more set from them (still in the box) that isn't framed.

I thought you might all like to see my first order from Zinnfigurenwelt Katzelsdorf (Austria) which arrived in the post today. As yet these are unpainted castings of an Austrian Infantry band (c.1860), which I found in one of their catalogues online. (POHL Catalog). Here's the link again.

http://www.zinnfigurenwelt-katzelsdorf.at/zinn-main.php?page=shop

My thanks go to a very helpful member of staff in the Museum Shop (Ernst Schindel) - who helped me through the purchase by e-mail from their online shop

As you can see - I have ordered duplicates of some of the instruments, to make up a nicely sized band of 22 figures, which should display well, when they have all been painted. Perhaps the most interesting of the pieces - is the Bass Drummer, who is marching behind his drum, which is on a small cart and being towed by a dog! (Muskier mit grosser Trommel, Trommelwagen mit hund besspant).

Should be great fun to paint up after I get back from visiting my grandchildren ( no time for painting when I'm with them!) - and I will probably start up a thread on them in the Painting section of the forum then ( some time around January 2014). See you then??? johnnybach

I thought you might all like to see my first order from Zinnfigurenwelt Katzelsdorf (Austria) which arrived in the post today. As yet these are unpainted castings of an Austrian Infantry band (c.1860), which I found in one of their catalogues online. (POHL Catalog). Here's the link again.

http://www.zinnfigurenwelt-katzelsdorf.at/zinn-main.php?page=shop

My thanks go to a very helpful member of staff in the Museum Shop (Ernst Schindel) - who helped me through the purchase by e-mail from their online shop

As you can see - I have ordered duplicates of some of the instruments, to make up a nicely sized band of 22 figures, which should display well, when they have all been painted. Perhaps the most interesting of the pieces - is the Bass Drummer, who is marching behind his drum, which is on a small cart and being towed by a dog! (Muskier mit grosser Trommel, Trommelwagen mit hund besspant).

Should be great fun to paint up after I get back from visiting my grandchildren ( no time for painting when I'm with them!) - and I will probably start up a thread on them in the Painting section of the forum then ( some time around January 2014). See you then??? johnnybach

Johnny,
Sure your going to do a bang up job on this group, the dog put a smile on my face, today they would probably call it animal cruelty or exploitation!
Ray

Always enjoy seeing flats collections. They are a work of art.

Thank you RR, just this morning got an email from St. Petersburg, the next group is finished, Polish Vistula Legion lancers and General Poniatowski and staff.
Ray

Johnny,
Sure your going to do a bang up job on this group, the dog put a smile on my face, today they would probably call it animal cruelty or exploitation!
Ray

Hi Ray. I've seen a few Military mascots in my time - and without exception, every one was spoiled rotten by members of their Regiments, and members of the public, after they had been "On Parade". I'm pretty sure, this one would have been no different, in his time, Ray.;)

My new chum Ernst, at the Museum Shop - scanned and sent me this yesterday - as a suggested painting guide for "Thumper" (well - what else would you call a drum dog?:D). He also sent me another pic., of a version of what will be MY band ( my composition will be a little different - as I have chosen some different numbers of instruments , so the band will look slightly different). See both pics., below:

I have a few current projects to finish off first - but looking forward to January, when I should be able to get cracking on this project.

Love your newest figures. jb

Thank you RR, just this morning got an email from St. Petersburg, the next group is finished, Polish Vistula Legion lancers and General Poniatowski and staff.
Ray

Most spectacular Ray! ^&cool

Jeff

Here's a new little diorama that I put together. It's a scene of Nuremberg, Germany. The figures are from Berliner Zinnfiguren

2013-11-09 12.58.54-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back