Public Service Announcement (1 Viewer)

Someone has posted a nice looking Nap artillery set. I'd post the link but I'm getting ready to take off.

Here are three current Ebay auctions that feature some very nice and rare sets/figures

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trophy-of-W...882913249?pt=Toy_Soldiers&hash=item1e793ac3e1

Set# AS.3 - 66th Regiment - At the ready Dr. Watson's Regiment :wink2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trophy-Mini...Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item20d08f758e

Set# SEQ18A - CAMEL CORPS GARDNER GUN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TROPHY-MINI...Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item2329bd7c20

This single figure is in fact a Mounted Infantryman (dis-mounted here though :wink2:) from set# BD2 – THE LOST GUN. He only appeared officially in this set but I have a “Special” from Len where he is falling from his horse.

Two of the auctions are from friends on mine

Cheers

Martyn:)

The AZW series could be starting to attract serious attention again, a set of 6 reloading 24th Regiment figures (ZS43) sold for £192 last night

The figures were also available in a Big Box set

set# BBZ1Y - FRONT RANK RELOAD - ANGLO ZULU WAR

BBFRONTRANKRELOAD1.jpg

BBFRONTRANKRELOAD.jpg

This is my "Special" Big Box set of 24 pieces which has an extra 4 "Standing Loading", the regular set had 20 pieces

Joe Saine had the regular Big Box set on Ebay last week but it surprisingly never sold

Cheers

The Trophy Reloading figures seem to be very popular.

Last night, a pair of these figures sold for GBP57.00.
I wonder what the BB set will fetch. ^&confuse

Raymond. :)

If someone is looking to expand his Zulu collection, this seller (who was trying to sell it all in one auction -- see Martyn's post above), has 35 different auctions going of Zulu related items, http://www.ebay.com/sch/bbb_bbb_553...h=item2c6e6512cc&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

If I were the seller, I would probably dole it out in small bites because the universe of Trophy buyers may not be that large. However, in nine days or so time, we shall find out.

If someone is looking to expand his Zulu collection, this seller (who was trying to sell it all in one auction -- see Martyn's post above), has 35 different auctions going of Zulu related items, http://www.ebay.com/sch/bbb_bbb_553...h=item2c6e6512cc&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

If I were the seller, I would probably dole it out in small bites because the universe of Trophy buyers may not be that large. However, in nine days or so time, we shall find out.

Hi Brad

I think it is a shame that he didn't or couldn't match the figures to sets. He has listed figures all over the place.

Cheers

The seller should go international on his auctions. Some of the most competitive bidders for Trophy are from outside the USA. The marketplace has become global and this applies not just for toy soldiers.

Raymond. :)

Martyn,

It's a total mishmash. The count is now up to 43 separate items. He's got sets broken up and then boxes seperate from the broken up sets. I would send him an email but it would have to be a very long email and, of course, I'm not as knowledgeable as you what belongs with what.

Moreover, even if everything was right, sometimes when you have too much choice, it's almost too much and you have a hard time deciding what to do. In this case, less would be more.

He/she doesn't look to be a collector or dealer but someone who sells a lot of different things.

Brad

Martyn,

It's a total mishmash. The count is now up to 43 separate items. He's got sets broken up and then boxes seperate from the broken up sets. I would send him an email but it would have to be a very long email and, of course, I'm not as knowledgeable as you what belongs with what.

Moreover, even if everything was right, sometimes when you have too much choice, it's almost too much and you have a hard time deciding what to do. In this case, less would be more.

He/she doesn't look to be a collector or dealer but someone who sells a lot of different things.

Brad

I agree Brad,

Lots of sellers don't have the original box that goes with the set, in this case he/she does. Now if the original auction for all the sets had been posted International as Raymond suggested :salute:: I bet they would have sold. If they had been for sale in the UK I know someone who would have grabbed them :wink2: :rolleyes2:

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

I agree with both Brad and you that it is pretty much of a jumble.

That said, he has done pretty well with the Storehouse Set ZDRDD, undoubtedly aided by the inventory list which is in the background of the first image. I can't see the dog Pip, though mentioned in the item description.

If you look at the cover of the box in the second and third images, there is a hand written note to the owner of the set (#15 of 200) signed by Mr. Len Taylor dated 8th December 1990.

Best, Raymond. :)

I see the count is up to 51. I really don't see how he will do well with all these auctions but it should be interesting to see.

Hi Martyn,

I agree with both Brad and you that it is pretty much of a jumble.

That said, he has done pretty well with the Storehouse Set ZDRDD, undoubtedly aided by the inventory list which is in the background of the first image. I can't see the dog Pip, though mentioned in the item description.

If you look at the cover of the box in the second and third images, there is a hand written note to the owner of the set (#15 of 200) signed by Mr. Len Taylor dated 8th December 1990.

Best, Raymond. :)

Hi Raymond

I've found Pip :wink2:

Here he is in the original auction that was cancelled

If you look carefully he is just behind Acting Assistant Commissary J.L. Dalton in the relisted auction for the Defence of the Storehouse

Cheers

It's a pip that he's left him out :tongue:

Joe Saine had the storehouse for admittedly more money (at this stage of the auction) but you're almost better off with Joe's in that you know it will be complete.

I would think it is. However, I would expect it would go around $500 or so.

Did you see the various Napoleonics auctions?

I would think it is. However, I would expect it would go around $500 or so.

Did you see the various Napoleonics auctions?

Can you guys pls keep this quiet so I can swoop in and buy it all............................................jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD

Think any Trophy fan knows it's out there :wink2:

Someone just listed one in the UK, about $540 US.

I still think it's a good deal for the price taking in consideration that most important pieces:a box, a lithograph sheet, and a numbered sheet signed by Len are present.
I wonder if it's a first version with figure names present on the base. The missing pieces are easy to find. I have very first version where all figures came in BB box and boxes and stonewall and mealie bag wall sections came in a separate box.
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back