Public Service Announcement (2 Viewers)

Can you guys pls keep this quiet so I can swoop in and buy it all............................................jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD

Gosh, Tom
We all know that you have the complete AZW range and now go on the second round ^&grin
Al

Gosh, Tom
We all know that you have the complete AZW range and now go on the second round ^&grin
Al

Al, not guilty!!! I have picked up the larger sets here and there, but do not have any of the Drift set, only single vc heroes. Additionally, I need a few of those BD sets! These are looking like they may be not bad prices, we will see.

TD

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for locating Pip.

I also found Cpl. Allen next to Trooper Hunter in the images you posted, so all 24 figures accounted for.

Cheers, Raymond. :)

I still think it's a good deal for the price taking in consideration that most important pieces:a box, a lithograph sheet, and a numbered sheet signed by Len are present.
I wonder if it's a first version with figure names present on the base. The missing pieces are easy to find. I have very first version where all figures came in BB box and boxes and stonewall and mealie bag wall sections came in a separate box.
Al

Definitely Al, you can tell by the thick bases on the figures, the number of figures (24 in this set, 16 in the later version) and slightly different design of the Storehouse

Cheers

Martyn:)

Not that I'll be bidding on it :wink2: but how do the versions differ of the Storehouse differ and of what material is it made?

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for locating Pip.

I also found Cpl. Allen next to Trooper Hunter in the images you posted, so all 24 figures accounted for.

Hi Raymond

Here are the individual figures from my set

CHARD – BROMHEAD – DALTON and REYNOLDS

ZULUWAR-CHARD-BROMHEAD-DALTON-REYNO.jpg

F. HITCH 1362 – H. HOOK 1373 (helping CONNOLLY) – J. WILLIAMS 1393 – W. JONES 593

ZULUWAR-FHITCH1362-HHOOK1373helping.jpg

R. JONES 716 – CPL W. ALLAN 1240 – CPL SCHIESS

ZULUWAR-RJONES716-CPLWALLAN1240-CPL.jpg

Now the 4 who won the DSM, there is no Second-Corporal Michael McMahon(Army Hospital Corps) as his award was cancelled for desertion.

GNR CANTWELL 2076 – W. ROY 1542 – CPL ATTWOOD 24692 – C/SGT BOURNE 2459

ZULUWAR-GNRCANTWELL2076-WROY1542-CP.jpg

Other personalities

ADENDORFF – BRYNE – CPL ANDERSON – TRP HUNTER

ZULUWAR-ADENDORF-BRYNE-CPLANDERSON-.jpg

J. CHICK 1335 – REV SMITH – PIP – XHOSA – L SGT T. WILLIAMS 1328

ZULUWAR-JCHICK1335-REVSMITH-PIP-XHO.jpg

Cheers

Not that I'll be bidding on it :wink2: but how do the versions differ of the Storehouse differ and of what material is it made?

You should Brad, I'm not :wink2:

Here is the Storehouse from the first set

This is the storehouse from the second set, apart from changes to the front of the building a set of stairs were added to the side

I think the material used could be glass fiber for the shell of the building

Cheers

Go for it mate, you won't regret it :wink2: {bravo}}

Cheers

Am considering the storehouse too as it's a beautiful piece and would be a main showroom piece in my loft!^&grin Would go with the la haye sainte set I have in the 'big sets' range!^&grin

Scott

Here is the original “flyer” that was produced by Trophy

Here is the check list that came with the first version of the “Defence of Rorke’s Drift”

This is my “Defence of Rorke’s Drift” set packed in it’s original boxes.

DRD1.jpg

DRD2.jpg

DRD3.jpg

DRD4.jpg

The figures didn't appear originally in a 24 figure box because some could have been damaged due to their design

Cheers

Here is the original “flyer” that was produced by Trophy

Here is the check list that came with the first version of the “Defence of Rorke’s Drift”

This is my “Defence of Rorke’s Drift” set packed in it’s original boxes.

DRD1.jpg

DRD2.jpg

DRD3.jpg

DRD4.jpg

The figures didn't appear originally in a 24 figure box because some could have been damaged due to their design

Cheers

Martyn,

I am probably going to take a run at some pieces on this USA seller to try and fill in my missing sets. Depending on price, but I am going to take a looksee!
Tom

Martyn,

I am probably going to take a run at some pieces on this USA seller to try and fill in my missing sets. Depending on price, but I am going to take a looksee!
Tom

Best of luck Tom, he has some nice pieces...somewhat spread out in different auctions as has been noted:wink2:

Cheers

Martyn

The seller should go international on his auctions. Some of the most competitive bidders for Trophy are from outside the USA. The marketplace has become global and this applies not just for toy soldiers.

Raymond. :)

Raymond

I just heard from the Seller, he is now offering INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING from today {bravo}}

Cheers

Raymond

I just heard from the Seller, he is now offering INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING from today {bravo}}

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

Great. That is indeed good news. I am sure a kind someone must have suggested it to the seller. :wink2:

To be honest, I was thinking of our friends in the UK and the EU in my previous post about international shipping.

As I have the ZDRDD set, I was not planning on acquiring a duplicate set.

Hi Raymond

Here are the individual figures from my set

CHARD – BROMHEAD – DALTON and REYNOLDS

ZULUWAR-CHARD-BROMHEAD-DALTON-REYNO.jpg

F. HITCH 1362 – H. HOOK 1373 (helping CONNOLLY) – J. WILLIAMS 1393 – W. JONES 593

ZULUWAR-FHITCH1362-HHOOK1373helping.jpg

R. JONES 716 – CPL W. ALLAN 1240 – CPL SCHIESS

ZULUWAR-RJONES716-CPLWALLAN1240-CPL.jpg

Now the 4 who won the DSM, there is no Second-Corporal Michael McMahon(Army Hospital Corps) as his award was cancelled for desertion.

GNR CANTWELL 2076 – W. ROY 1542 – CPL ATTWOOD 24692 – C/SGT BOURNE 2459

ZULUWAR-GNRCANTWELL2076-WROY1542-CP.jpg

Other personalities

ADENDORFF – BRYNE – CPL ANDERSON – TRP HUNTER

ZULUWAR-ADENDORF-BRYNE-CPLANDERSON-.jpg

J. CHICK 1335 – REV SMITH – PIP – XHOSA – L SGT T. WILLIAMS 1328

ZULUWAR-JCHICK1335-REVSMITH-PIP-XHO.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

I am not sure about this, but did you do a thread with pictures on the differences between the 1st and 2nd versions of the Storehouse set. ? :confused: If so, that would certainly help to answer Brad's question.

Thanks for re-posting the above pictures of the 24 figures of the first set.

Martyn,

I am not sure about this, but did you do a thread with pictures on the differences between the 1st and 2nd versions of the Storehouse set. ? :confused: If so, that would certainly help to answer Brad's question.

Thanks for re-posting the above pictures of the 24 figures of the first set.

Hi Raymond

I believe it was a Combined Operation with Joe (The Lt) involved.:salute::

I don't have the second version of the set, the only figures that appear in the second and not the first are the Bugler and Byne and this put me off from buying it:rolleyes2:

I have a check list of figures and pieces that went with the Second version and I will dig it out and scan it

Cheers

Hi Raymond

I believe it was a Combined Operation with Joe (The Lt) involved.:salute::

I don't have the second version of the set, the only figures that appear in the second and not the first are the Bugler and Byne and this put me off from buying it:rolleyes2:

I have a check list of figures and pieces that went with the Second version and I will dig it out and scan it

Cheers

Here is the check list for the second version, the numbers added to the list are the catalogue numbers of single figures from the VC range

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back