Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (3 Viewers)

Chinese War Elephant w/ General, Aide and Mahout AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection PB700

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout%20-%20AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection%20-%20PB700%20img1-X2.jpg

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB700%20img2-X2.jpg

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB700%20img4-X2.jpg

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB700%20img3-X2.jpg

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB700%20img5-X2.jpg

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB700%20img6-X2.jpg

Chinese%20War%20Elephant%20w-%20General%2C%20Aide%20and%20Mahout-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB700%20img7-X2.jpg

JEEZ I thought I finally had one you didn't!!!!!!!! Great find
Tom

The elephant was purchased second hand from a collector and Brad, yes, Louis was done by Sineus for Aeroart

Tom - It only makes it want me more if you have it and I don't! {sm3}

The elephant was purchased second hand from a collector and Brad, yes, Louis was done by Sineus for Aeroart

Tom - It only makes it want me more if you have it and I don't! {sm3}

We need to purchase a joint small house in PA and house our collection together. It would in the end save us a bundle!!!!!!!!!

TD

Wow Zach!!! Just breathtaking stuff!! Congrats on all of these magnificent scores!!! When does the museum open!?! That Chinese elephant just leaves me in awe. I hope to someday get one. It's such an amazing work of art and I love the sculpting and painting of the three figures especially the driver and the way his head lazily rolls on his shoulders. The general and aid are elite too. It just doesn't get any better than that. A real 11 out of 10 (like Spinal Tap's amps:tongue:). The Richard ME30.3 is so stunning and ultra-rare. It's a scorching beauty! I think I've only ever seen three of these with flags. I have the "vanilla" one that wasn't painted by Arsenyev. That is quite a find just like the elephant. The Sineus French King piece with big blue furled flag is another real eye popper {eek3}. All of them are.
Your Mongol general is the best one or two examples of that piece I have seen. It looks like his has hand that supports the standard and the poll needs a little rework. I only point this out because it is a common break point for this piece, and since it is a weight-bearing location it could break through the fingers making it a much more difficult repair (like the one Aeroart recently sold on ebay). Thank you for the photos and enjoy these load of magnificent treasures! I just can't say enough about the brilliant elephant and ME30.3. I'm just floored by them. I've fallen and I can't get up! :tongue:

Joe

I’ve been looking for that Richard for as long as I can remember. The one in the book has the true Richard iii standard. I really want that one but I love the one I found too!

I’ve been looking for that Richard for as long as I can remember. The one in the book has the true Richard iii standard. I really want that one but I love the one I found too!

I think the one you found is perfect just the way it is.

Joe

Apart from being wonderful pieces, is there a latent desire for completeness in this collection? It used to be FL flagbearers and drummers, is it now all of Aeroart - or just specific ranges?

I only have select Russian pieces to supplement my FL displays, so I cannot assess the collection.

Nope, not completeness. I can’t even imagine collecting them all. As to ranges, etc, I don’t use these in dioramas so pretty much I get it if I like it. No theme at all to this part of the collection

I think the only thing complete I have is all of the Borgia range.

Some new figures and some that just never got posted!

Morgan LeFay w/ Hawk Holding Crystal AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 131
Morgan%20LeFay%20w%3A%20Hawk%20Holding%20Crystal%20img1-X2.jpg

The paint job on her is outstanding !

I have one of her that I picked up from AeroArt at OTSN five or six years ago and the painting is much less detailed...especially her gown, necklace and belt.

Also really liked your "13th Century Fighting Monk".

Thank you for posting all of these.

I was so happy to find her! I’ve had the whole King Arthur set for years and she was the only one missing out on the party!!!

Recently picked up this small diorama / vignette. I don't know anything about it other then that I liked it! Not even sure who made it. I do have a figure from Aeroart that is very similar to the herald and also the tent, but don't know if this whole thing is aeroart or not.
The star of the show is the tent itself. It's painted all the way around as you can see. Also, interestingly, the inside of the tent is finished even though it is unseen. I took a photo with flash to try to show it, but all you can see is the entrance.

Medieval%20Noble%20and%20Herald%20with%20Camoaign%20Tent%20img1-X2.jpg

Medieval%20Noble%20and%20Herald%20with%20Camoaign%20Tent%20img2-X2.jpg

Medieval%20Noble%20and%20Herald%20with%20Camoaign%20Tent%20img4-X2.jpg

Medieval%20Noble%20and%20Herald%20with%20Camoaign%20Tent%20img3-X2.jpg

That’s a fascinating and gorgeous piece. Do you know who made it?

Medieval%20Noble%20and%20Herald%20with%20Camoaign%20Tent%20img6-X2.jpg

I think he is reading the official proclamation " Hear ye hear ye, Zack has a serious buying problem" :wink2:. I'm just glad you post pictures of everything so we can share in your addiction .

Some GREAT stuff buddy, That elephant blew my mind. Keep em coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back