Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (1 Viewer)

Spanish Republican Soldier by Miniaturas Beneito, painted by Attica Miniatures.

A new pachyderm has arrived! One can never have too many elephants!

This one is Shah Jehan Ceremonial Elephant w/ Decorative Howdah Sineus Studios D38

Shah%20Jehan%20Ceremonial%20Elephant%20w-%20Decorative%20Howdah-Sineus%20Studios-D38%20img1-X2.jpg

Shah%20Jehan%20Ceremonial%20Elephant%20w-%20Decorative%20Howdah-Sineus%20Studios-D38%20img3-X2.jpg

Shah%20Jehan%20Ceremonial%20Elephant%20w-%20Decorative%20Howdah-Sineus%20Studios-D38%20img2-X2.jpg

Shah%20Jehan%20Ceremonial%20Elephant%20w-%20Decorative%20Howdah-Sineus%20Studios-D38%20img6-X2.jpg

Shah%20Jehan%20Ceremonial%20Elephant%20w-%20Decorative%20Howdah-Sineus%20Studios-D38%20img5-X2.jpg

I don’t know the historic accuracy of that type of Howdah, but I loved it

New figure from Nevskaya Miniatura
Tamerlane 14th Century

For my money, Nevaskaya is producing some of the best figures out of Russia. The benchmark might still be Russian Vityaz, but it's hard to beat Nevskaya these days, in my opinion.

These pictures really don't do this figure justice. The realism and texture that you see in person just can't reproduce in the photos. You can look at this day after day and find some new detail you previously missed!

Tamerlane%20-%20Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20-%20img1-X3.jpg

Tamerlane%20-%20Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20-%20img2-X3.jpg

Tamerlane%20-%20Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20-%20img3-X3.jpg

Tamerlane%20-%20Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20-%20img4-X3.jpg

Tamerlane%20-%20Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20-%20img5-X3.jpg

This is a magnificent piece, Zach. I love the sculpt and love every version of this figure I have seen. I'm with ya regarding Nevskaya vs Arsenyev. Arsenyev's prices are nuts and it could be easily argued that Nevskaya is better overall. There's a bit of a gap between Arsenyev's best artists and the rest of their team, while Nevskaya has a deeper bench and a ceiling just as high, plus they are much nicer to work with. Thanks for the photos and congrats on yet another stellar addition to the museum!

Joe

Couldn't resist picking up Marcus Traianus

Hi Joe,

I wasn't initially that interested in this figure until I saw your photos of it, which are better than Aeroart's. I think I will be getting it now. Thanks!

Joe

New figure from Nevskaya Miniatura
Tamerlane 14th Century

For my money, Nevaskaya is producing some of the best figures out of Russia. The benchmark might still be Russian Vityaz, but it's hard to beat Nevskaya these days, in my opinion.

These pictures really don't do this figure justice. The realism and texture that you see in person just can't reproduce in the photos. You can look at this day after day and find some new detail you previously missed.

Have several on foot figures through Aeroart and Kolobob, have one directly from Tatiana which is just wonderful, paid ouch for it, of course. Did manage to purchase a few used equestrian figures through ebay, spouse and kids would happily kill me if they knew what I spent. But the horses appear to be second to none. Extremely well crafted in sculpt and there's a unique painting effect. Splendid to possess Tend to agree with what you're writing. Thanks for the post, looks great.

Yeah, I know, I keep saying this....

My new favorite!
I am a total sucker for animals with toy soldiers and this is the best. These dogs are so awesome. I took a closeup just so you can see them really well, but keep in mind, these things aren't meant to be viewed from a few inches away. Sancho is done very well, but the dogs totally steal his thunder on this one!

This is Aeroart's Sancho VII, King and Navarre w/ Dogs . 6440

Sancho%20VII%20%22The%20Strong%22%2C%20King%20of%20Navarre%20w-%20Dogs%20-%20Aeroart%20-%206440%20img1-X3.jpg

Sancho%20VII%20%22The%20Strong%22%2C%20King%20of%20Navarre%20w-%20Dogs%20-%20Aeroart%20-%206440%20img2-X3.jpg

Sancho%20VII%20%22The%20Strong%22%2C%20King%20of%20Navarre%20w-%20Dogs%20-%20Aeroart%20-%206440%20img3-X3.jpg

I’m on the fence on this one. Although it appears to be well sculpted, I don’t think the figure looks that much like Sancho. In addition, he was over 7 feet tall and I don’t think this sculpt reflects his height. AA could have said it’s a Viking chieftain and I don’t think anyone would have batted an eye. I also find the use of the dogs peculiar.

Lieutenant Colonel Winston Churchill, 6th Battalion, Royal Scot Fusiliers, painted by Attica Miniatures

Lieutenant Colonel Winston Churchill, 6th Battalion, Royal Scot Fusiliers, painted by Attica Miniatures

Brad,
Beautiful figure! I've got try something from Attica. Thanks for posting the pics. Do you pick out figures from a website/ebay or do you send them castings to paint? This figure is just brilliant.
Joe

Joe, thanks. Ivan knows I’m interested in Churchill and suggested this sculpt, which is made by Metales Modeles. At first, I wasn’t keen on the sculpt as I wasn’t sure it looked like Churchill. However, as there aren’t that many figures of Churchill, I decided to go ahead with it and I thought they did a fabulous job. The figure was painted by Elena Aksenova and Svertlana Ivanova. Their main artist is Svetlana. Elena painted the face and I thought her work was phenomenal.

Brad

Joe, thanks. Ivan knows I’m interested in Churchill and suggested this sculpt, which is made by Metales Modeles. At first, I wasn’t keen on the sculpt as I wasn’t sure it looked like Churchill. However, as there aren’t that many figures of Churchill, I decided to go ahead with it and I thought they did a fabulous job. The figure was painted by Elena Aksenova and Svertlana Ivanova. Their main artist is Svetlana. Elena painted the face and I thought her work was phenomenal.

Brad

Brad,
Thanks for the info. It is a gorgeous piece. It's interesting that a different artist painted the face. I have some figures where everything is well painted but the face sometimes isn't up to the same level. I think that's because some artists don't really enjoy face/skin painting and just kinda rush through it a bit to get to the parts they like painting more. But then there are artists who base the whole grade of a piece on how well the face turns out and really enjoy painting life into a figure. Of course the sculpt has a lot to do with it too, and this figure has a wonderfully detailed facial sculpt, and I think it captures a young Winston Churchill very well. I must look into getting something painted by the fantastic artists you noted. Thanks again and congratulations on this treasure- Joe

Thanks Joe. I was very impressed by how the face came out. I've been trying to find a casting from when he was in Africa but no luck yet.

Thanks Joe. I was very impressed by how the face came out. I've been trying to find a casting from when he was in Africa but no luck yet.

Me too; he looks so realistic. I hope you find a Churchill in Africa casting for your collection.

Joe

I’m on the fence on this one. Although it appears to be well sculpted, I don’t think the figure looks that much like Sancho. In addition, he was over 7 feet tall and I don’t think this sculpt reflects his height. AA could have said it’s a Viking chieftain and I don’t think anyone would have batted an eye. I also find the use of the dogs peculiar.

Hi Brad,

I saw this one in person yesterday as I was with Thor. It is awesome to say the least. Super figure and it is large and "meaty". Also, St. Bernards are in reality huge, about 220 pounds each and these 2 are on the larger size, so the size of Sancho is not too far fetched. It is a nice figure, I am more interested in it b/c of the dogs!
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back