Sloppy Paint Job (1 Viewer)

Private
20120911_120736.jpg20120911_120603.jpg20120911_120620.jpg
I've been collecting 1/30 WW II German & American K&C,Figarti,Collectors Showcase and Thomas Gunn for about 12 years and all of these manufactures have presented a over all a well made piece.
I wanted to post a question to all that read this forum.
I've been purchasing Collectors Showcase piece since they were made in 1/28 over all very good workmanship and painting, then change their scale to 1/30 to fit in with all the other companies producting 1/30 their releases have been very good with plenty of option's to each piece on how to be diplayed.
I recently purchased CS00588W Sherman "Crazy Cat" I expected the same level of workmanship in this piece as have all the past have been. But this piece the TURRET was painted in a Med. Grey as well as all the HATCH'S and MISSING MACHINE GUN BARREL for the HULL :mad:.
I've attched some PHOTO's, I've done what any collector would do contact BRIAN at CS and explain the problem! Send it to me and we will do it over, I did and enclosed a NOTE explaining the paint job to the turret as well as the missing parts.
I received it back the turret was redone looked OK but the hatches weren't done and no machine gun barrel, contacted BRIAN again with this issue I'm sorry send it back we'll do it over again a NOTE as to what was need and the MISSING parts.
Received that back today hatch's were redone but didn't match the hull and the request for the missing parts was not included. Seem's to me the note's were disreguarded in a hurry to send them back and this was a EXTRA cost of $20 to me to correct this which should have been correct from the begining. I had very few problem's with the other manufacturers and the issue was corrected first time and no cost to me. Maybe I'm being to pecky! But when everything is getting more and more costly and we having less money to spend is it right to complaine? Has anyone else had this kind of problem??:confused:

Thanks for reading my rant,
Bob

Re: Strange

I rarely respond to such posts but this time the post itself is unconscionable.

We personally repainted Bob’s tank here at TCS three weeks ago and it is stunning ( it is what the customer has now, it was shipped to him about two weeks ago ) and what he chooses to show the public is the unit he was dissatisfied with before it was re-painted: why? Where are the pic’s of the killer-repaint?

It’s all kind of twilight zone really. The lack of appreciation that Bob has shown for the lengths we went to at TCS to make sure he was happy is beyond disappointing. It goes to show that no matter how you try to please some people it will never be enough...just read his post. Keep in mind this is AFTER he receives the killer re-paint.

I don't feel bad at all for Bob, because I know we at TCS did more than enough to ensure Bob's complete satisfaction. Sadly his chosen path and post does nothing for the hobby and speaks very little for the efforts employed to make sure he was happy.

Worry not!, yee' valued customer, we shall always try to bend over backwards to ensure complete satisfaction no matter how many Bob’s we encounter. It’s our job! So we go forward with a smile on our face and know the higher road is the road less traveled and the most satisfying at the end of the journey!:D

Tally Hooo!

Last edited:
Re: Strange

I rarely respond to such posts but this time the post itself is unconscionable.

We personally repainted Bob’s tank here at TCS three weeks ago and it is stunning ( it is what the customer has now, it was shipped to him about two weeks ago ) and what he chooses to show the public is the unit he was dissatisfied with before it was re-painted: why? Where are the pic’s of the killer-repaint?

It’s all kind of twilight zone really. The lack of appreciation that Bob has shown for the lengths we went to at TCS to make sure he was happy is beyond disappointing. It goes to show that no matter how you try to please some people it will never be enough...just read his post. Keep in mind this is AFTER he receives the killer re-paint.

But worry not, any customer, we shall always try to bend over backwards to ensure complete satisfaction no matter how many Bob’s we encounter. It’s our job! So we go forward with a smile on our face and know the higher road is the road less traveled and the most satisfying at the end of the journey!

Tally Hooo!

Never had to send any CS products back but nice to know you stand behind your work. Looing fwd to that Stuart! Chris

Re: Slopy Paint Job

I had the same reaction that Bob had when I received a broken Collectors Showcase Building several weeks ago from my surperb dealer. Bascially, it was because I was initially disappointed/fustrated and had a knee jerk response. Collectors Showcase responeded immediately with a replacement for the damaged merchendise and I am very happy with my little treasure. Kudos to them for being superb businessmen. I learned a lesson on not reacting to soon before contacting my dealer/Collectors Showcase. Bob, when it is said and done will respond the same way as I am now doing. Regards, Larry.

Bob, I have to say TCS seemed to go to great efforts to satisfy your complaint(s) and it does seem very unfair that you did not post a photo of the rectified product.

The machine gun barrel is packaged separately. That was never mentioned. I received a figure once with a broken bayonet, and it was replaced immediately. Bravo Brian for your effort. I love your products and can't wait to get the new Panzer Lehr Infantry pieces.

I'm not trying to be difficult I had paid the listed price and had to return item's serveral times to be redone with and explantion what was needed, at extra cost.
As I had said in my first post the turret came back repainted it was OK and matched the hull. But the hatch's still didn't seem to match to me also still missing machine gun barrel for the hull and half hatch's.
I guess what I'm saying is when you purchase a collectable and it has to returned several times to be corrected because the peice doesn't repersent how it's suppose to took is it my fault??
Yes the peice's were redone but the question of the missing parts were not addressed.
I'm sorry if I upset Collectors Showcase for asking this to be corrected. But as a collector I wanted the item to be as discribed. I've attached the recent photo's of the peice's.
Samsung Galaxy S III 557.jpgSamsung Galaxy S III 570.jpg

I guess I would have been much happyer if the whole peice was replaced with a matching painted one , I guess the severl turn's is and cost is what upset me!

I posted the photo's of the recent repaint's down alittle in the reply's.

You don't seem to be asking too much and I thought your description of the situation was straightforward. I thought Brian's reply was not and was not conducive to resolving the situation.

I guess I would have been much happyer if the whole peice was replaced with a matching painted one , I guess the severl turn's is and cost is what upset me!

Thanks for providing photos of the repaired tank, it looks fine to me and I guess the whitewash on the hatches would become worn and discolored from the extra handling. That said I agree that a replacement set would have been an easier solution and I hope you guys sort out the postage costs as I don't believe you should be out of pocket over this despite the lengths TCS went to repaint the model.

I don't want to get too involved in the way the repair was handled...the postage costs or the satisfaction of the repair...

but I broke one of my CS Romans...

please understand...I broke it...it was fine for months til I broke it...

I called Brian...he sent me another one free...I did pay the postage for the delivery to me...he did not require I send the broken one back...

I don't know what more I could have done for me...his response to me was generous in my opinion...

I don't want to get too involved in the way the repair was handled...the postage costs or the satisfaction of the repair...

but I broke one of my CS Romans...

please understand...I broke it...it was fine for months til I broke it...

I called Brian...he sent me another one free...I did pay the postage for the delivery to me...he did not require I send the broken one back...

I don't know what more I could have done for me...his response to me was generous in my opinion...

that last line should read...

I don't know what more he could have done for me...his response to me was generous in my opinion...

Alot of drama should never of happened in the first place.

You can't beat Treefrog Forum for Drama, some say you can't make this stuff up, or should that be stuff-up.

I have to say that I have had first class service directly from CS when a couple of things went wrong. On that side Brian is right to say they will go the extra mile to help sort out any issue.

To the paint job on the tank I have to say that the original pics are very bad indeed. I don't know who painted it or, if thats how they all come but, sack the person who is either master painting or, those who think this is weathering!!!!

Even the pictures after still have those ''rust'' lines on. Whitewashed AFV's very rarely have time to rust so, why do manufacturers insist on putting it on. They certainly dont have such bold lines they should be faded in and blended into the AFV. Whitewash fades and runs very quickly in field and, is covered in dirt and scuffed easily. I would say if it were mine that this AFV would have went back on the paint work alone regardless of missing bits etc

I have sadly noticed a drop in the quality of paintwork and detail of CS recently (of course IMO) The last good release for me was the Jagdpanther I have skipped a few since and recently got the Hetzer but, again, the new gloss looking weathering was just not realistic in what it was trying to achieve.

Not really interested or know what went on between the customer and Brian to comment on that but, in terms of painting thats more of a concern than a missing gun. In terms of the hatches not matching I would try and get the whole AFV to match them thats job one.
Mitch

Maybe the move to the US is to blame.....................^&grin^&grin

Wayne...

Although I am sure you said it tongue-in-cheek a fair few have commented on this subject recently
Mitch

Maybe the move to the US is to blame.....................^&grin^&grin

Wayne...

Although I am sure you said it tongue-in-cheek a fair few have commented on this subject recently
Mitch

Yeah it was a joke mate,but with proper procedures in place it wouldn't of happened in the first place.
Maybe staff cuts because of labor costs in the US....................^&grin^&grin
(Another joke im sorry ^&grin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back