Stalingrad 1942-43 (3 Viewers)

This thread just continues to roll along , cool shot . Regards Gebhard

I surprised Frank didn't choose this as one of the top 2 FL AFVs when he was asked a few weeks ago. Its very photogenic.

BSP will have our first FL Eastern Front in about 2 weeks.......Great work men.....

Thanks guys. I'm glad you like them.

Whenever I create a scene I usually take a bunch of pictures (i.e. 10-20) from various angles, with figures, without, with pieces moved around, sometimes different lighting (depending on background) etc.. Next I'll select 2 or 3 to roughly sketch out the final scene including digital backgrounds, effects etc. From these I generally select 1 picture to finish properly with all detailing. When I finish one of these I generally go back to the sketches to ensure I have captured the scene the way I wanted. Every so often during this step I realize I like one of the other sketches better than my finished picture. This will lead me to finish another picture from the set. This was the case with this Sd.Kfz.232 scene. Basically the only difference is the vehicle is going the other direction and the dust becomes more of a foreground element.

I surprised Frank didn't choose this as one of the top 2 FL AFVs when he was asked a few weeks ago. Its very photogenic.

It was actually pretty hard to choose a top 2 because I like all of them a lot.

2011_10_8_DSC_0389a_small.jpg

OK, this is the last one from this photo shoot. It features the Pz.III this time with a different background.

2011_10_8_DSC_0380a_small.jpg

Frank u are the man
the master pictures maker
Always nice to see ur work
Thanks for sharing
Maple Leaf

I think Frank is playing with us on the last one. That has to be a real Panzer moving down a rural road. It can't be a model shoot.:wink2:

Outstanding shot, Frank. The sunflowers are an iconic image of the Eastern Front. -- Al

Well done, as always Frank. Your shots are about as real-looking as it gets!

Noah

Frank and Firebat thanks you amaze me with your photographic skills.I have none but love looking at your photo's.Mike B{sm3}{sm2}{sm4}

Just amazing photos on this thread . . . I don't think it can get any better than this . . . .
:) Mike

I had a feeling you guys would do a great job with the fighting scenes in the factory district and you've definitely delivered.

Units from Panzergrenadier-Regiment 21 (24.Panzer-Division) move into position for the next phase of the attack.

2011_10_16_DSC_0033_small.jpg

Nice sets and pictures. the trucks do look very nice
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back