"The Zulu War" (1 Viewer)

Nice way for my day to start over my morning coffee Martyn as I view the 57th Regiment of Foot.:salute:::salute:::salute::

Many thanks for inspecting the troops Lt :salute::

Cheers mate

Martyn:)

Your welcome Martyn an they should would have been a welcome site as this scene was taking place....Joe

021-2.jpg

Your welcome Martyn an they should would have been a welcome site as this scene was taking place....Joe

021-2.jpg

Great action picture Joe {eek3} ^&grin :salute:::salute:::salute::

Cheers mate

Martyn...your Royal Marine Light Infantry and your 57th (West Middlesex) Regiment of Foot...two great looking firing lines..

99th (Duke of Edinburgh’s) Regiment

Fresh from the battle at Nyezane the 99th are in action again at Gingindlovu

99thTHE2.jpg

All figures Trophy Miniatures of Wales

Cheers

ROYAL MARINE LIGHT INFANTRY

Battle of GINGINDLOVU, 2nd April, 1879

RMLI2.jpg

Cheers

57TH (WEST MIDDLSEX) Regiment of Foot..............in action

57th.jpg

Cheers

Very impressive unit battle fronts Martyn . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Many thanks Mike :salute::

Cheers

Hi Martyn/Mike,

You will be able to tenfold the displays by adding machineguns to the sets......Given that the Trophy ones are very few and expensive........Our other friends can help........
One Maxim, will count on have a battalion......Craig at WETs has come out with a great Maxim ( need to ask him to change the garrison from the Boxer standout to a khaki unit, if you opt for Sudan/Egypt/North West Frontier/Boer set displays ) or if more Zulu war focused the Gatling/Nordenfelt for campaigns pre 1890's....divisional operations.Then there is Mike´s Little Legion Gatling set....he has promised to add his naval maxim on a carriage, but not sure why it has not happened yet. Last but not least Brian´s - Yeomanry maxims and pom pom gun sets....these are great......

Hi Martyn/Mike,

You will be able to tenfold the displays by adding machineguns to the sets......Given that the Trophy ones are very few and expensive........Our other friends can help........
One Maxim, will count on have a battalion......Craig at WETs has come out with a great Maxim ( need to ask him to change the garrison from the Boxer standout to a khaki unit, if you opt for Sudan/Egypt/North West Frontier/Boer set displays ) or if more Zulu war focused the Gatling/Nordenfelt for campaigns pre 1890's....divisional operations.Then there is Mike´s Little Legion Gatling set....he has promised to add his naval maxim on a carriage, but not sure why it has not happened yet. Last but not least Brian´s - Yeomanry maxims and pom pom gun sets....these are great......

Hi Luiz

I've had a word with Mike (LL) about the Maxim and will buy 1 or 6 when they become available^&grin

Cheers

91st (Princess Louise's Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot................in action 2nd April 1879

91st.jpg

91st2.jpg

Cheers

Not that the 91st show that they need the help Martyn but just in case I'm sending along a Gatling Gun.

2001.jpg

3rd Battalion, 60th Rifles……………..in action 2nd April

60th.jpg

60th2.jpg

Cheers

Here are the 6 British Regiments who fought at Gingindlovu on April 2nd

The 91st HIGHLANDERS

91st.jpg

The 60th RIFLES

60th.jpg

The 57th

57th2.jpg

The ROYAL MARINE LIGHT INFANTRY

RMLI.jpg

The 99th

99thTHE.jpg

The 3rd

3RDTHE2.jpg

Cheers

They'll surely make a great defense square Sir Martyn. Now that's food for thought for a great photo diodrama.{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

They'll surely make a great defense square Sir Martyn. Now that's food for thought for a great photo diodrama.{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Many thanks Joe. :salute::

Here is the square.

gingindlovusquare.jpg

Looks like I will have to get around to recreating that:wink2:

Cheers mate

Many thanks Joe. :salute::

Here is the square.

gingindlovusquare.jpg

Looks like I will have to get around to recreating that:wink2:

Cheers mate

Looking forward to it's appearance Martyn as I return to Ulundi as the 17th Lancers have taken the field..........The Lt.

1007-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back