Things that annoy me (2 Viewers)

My own school USC not allowing the "pro-Palestinian" valedictorian to speak at graduation due to safety concerns. Even though I would likely disagree with her viewpoints everyone should be allowed to speak. If there are safety issues, the university should increase security and arrest anyone who disrupts the ceremony. I've often taken issue with universities that have banned conservative voices for the same reasons. It's a feeble excuse to blame security concerns as a reason to silence certain points of view.

Great actors who have destroyed their reputations by taking too many crappy roles and appearing in too many lousy movies. Nicolas Cage, Samual Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Malcom McDowell, Anthony Hopkins...

Robert DeNiro adverts bakery products in the UK, bread, bagals, Crumpets etc. Just show its about the money.

Raising an 18 year old high school senior who is bull headed and doesn't listen!

Aren't we all like that at that age? I was until first day of Royal Marine training at 18 and then i grew up very quickly, i remember standing there and thinking Oh **** this is day 1 of 32 weeks basic training.........

Robert DeNiro adverts bakery products in the UK, bread, bagals, Crumpets etc. Just show its about the money.

How else is Bob going to pay for all those marriages/divorces ^&grin

And I bet that's something that annoys most actors, each divorce must cost them a fortune, makes you wonder why they keep trying ^&confuse

How else is Bob going to pay for all those marriages/divorces ^&grin

And I bet that's something that annoys most actors, each divorce must cost them a fortune, makes you wonder why they keep trying ^&confuse

Yeah. Multiple marriages and divorces halving their worth by 50% each time adds up

Unreal restaurant prices. Whenever I go out with my wife and son to lunch or dinner for anything other than fast-food the total cost is around $100. I went to lunch at a local chain restaurant this week and they are charging $4 for iced tea. They also asked if I wanted a napkin. LOL. They don't give them to you unless you request one.

Unreal restaurant prices. Whenever I go out with my wife and son to lunch or dinner for anything other than fast-food the total cost is around $100. I went to lunch at a local chain restaurant this week and they are charging $4 for iced tea. They also asked if I wanted a napkin. LOL. They don't give them to you unless you request one.

It's nuts; no matter where you go, for two people, it's in the 90.00 to 100.00 range.............the fancier the joint, the higher the price goes. I took my youngest sister to dinner for her birthday to a nice Italian restaurant nearby, we both got Chicken Parm, I had two beers, she had one fruity drink, 120.00......no appetizers, no desert, insane really.

Food is very expensive. A Chinese take away for a family of three used to be around $40, now it is $70. I have an old menu and the prices are at least 33% higher (the menu is only two years old).

Yeah meals are crazy prices, I celebrated my 65th Birthday at a local Thai Restaurant early this year. They have 'Prix Fixie' minimum of AUD $110 per person, you choose Three courses from a list, only Five of us and total was over AUD $750, included some expensive cocktails {eek3} Lucky it was my birthday and didn't cost me anything ^&grin

I have a longterm weakness for KFC, a Three piece meal with chips and a drink is now AUD $18, and to add insult to injury they say I can't have any of their famous Coleslaw due to world wide shortage...I said WTH, are vegetables on the endangered list now {eek3} ^&grin

Last edited:
The store down from me gave me something like a small mousepad to scan,it's their menu and the prices change so much it was too expensive to keep getting the menu printed.
Mark

It is not any better at the grocery store.

We bought the ingredients to mimic our favorite restaurant salad, it came out to more than going out to eat including a tip!

You factor in the time to make it, the cost to do the dishes etc., and we would have been better off going out to eat.

Yeah, the price of drinks is too high even with unlimited refills. We can afford it but switched to water. Hadn't encountered the napkin conundrum yet. We always ask for extra, maybe they'll start charging for those in the future. :rolleyes2:

I celebrated my 65th Birthday...OzDigger
user-offline.png

You "whippersnapper!" :smile2:

The store down from me gave me something like a small mousepad to scan,it's their menu and the prices change so much it was too expensive to keep getting the menu printed.
Mark

Many restaurants are using bar code scans for cell phones due to the changes you mention.

New one for me: a fast-food restaurant at an amusement park had bar codes on the disposable cups you use to get your drink from the soda fountain.
You would scan the cup and have 20 seconds to get your drink...no refills, many people where confused and did not have enough time to get a drink....way too much automation. :(

It's nuts; no matter where you go, for two people, it's in the 90.00 to 100.00 range.............the fancier the joint, the higher the price goes. I took my youngest sister to dinner for her birthday to a nice Italian restaurant nearby, we both got Chicken Parm, I had two beers, she had one fruity drink, 120.00......no appetizers, no desert, insane really.

I do wonder how most people are getting by these days. I assume they simply do without most things except the essentials. We now have people begging in every shopping center parking lot. That's a recent phenomenon. The irony, though, is that almost none of these people are going to vote differently in the next election. Results don't seem to matter these days. The media outlets and social media have changed the political dynamic such that ideology is more important than reality. At the same time, however, every restaurant, amusement park, fancy hotel, that I visit is packed with people who can apparently afford all the luxuries. The prices don't seem to matter.

I do wonder how most people are getting by these days. I assume they simply do without most things except the essentials. We now have people begging in every shopping center parking lot. That's a recent phenomenon. The irony, though, is that almost none of these people are going to vote differently in the next election. Results don't seem to matter these days. The media outlets and social media have changed the political dynamic such that ideology is more important than reality. At the same time, however, every restaurant, amusement park, fancy hotel, that I visit is packed with people who can apparently afford all the luxuries. The prices don't seem to matter.

I wonder the same, do they just do not care in terms of using credit!! Or perhaps we are only looking at the small percentage than can afford it...
Same with expensive cars on the road, I often wonder how are people able to afford them!

I wonder the same, do they just do not care in terms of using credit!! Or perhaps we are only looking at the small percentage than can afford it...
Same with expensive cars on the road, I often wonder how are people able to afford them!

Credit card debt has hit an all time high of 1.3 TRILLION dollars, credit card debt has risen 7 of the last 10 fiscal quarters.

More and more people are living off of their credit cards; my accountant told me this past year he had a record number of clients tap into their 401K's/IRA's early/pre age 65 and they got hammered on penalties.

My own school USC not allowing the "pro-Palestinian" valedictorian to speak at graduation due to safety concerns. Even though I would likely disagree with her viewpoints everyone should be allowed to speak. If there are safety issues, the university should increase security and arrest anyone who disrupts the ceremony. I've often taken issue with universities that have banned conservative voices for the same reasons. It's a feeble excuse to blame security concerns as a reason to silence certain points of view.

Its the cancel culture in drag Combat......Just mention 'health & safety' concerns these days and boom its cancelled, postponed, relocated blah blah blah BS.

The other popular option, is if the 'power that be' have their hands tied or really want to discredit the 'speaker', they simply reduce the security/police presence, wind up the media and sit back and watch the ensuring chaos unfold....job done.

Credit card debt has hit an all time high of 1.3 TRILLION dollars, credit card debt has risen 7 of the last 10 fiscal quarters.

More and more people are living off of their credit cards; my accountant told me this past year he had a record number of clients tap into their 401K's/IRA's early/pre age 65 and they got hammered on penalties.

Yes, that's the next big financial collapse/bailout waiting to happen. At the current interest rates, many of these people will default or go bankrupt. The rest of us will have to pick up the tab. There is a real reckoning coming with all the debt in the US. Both by individuals and the government. Another $90 billion foreign aid package today. No end in sight on the wars or even a plan for ending them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back