Things that annoy me (2 Viewers)

Yeah they think because people are living longer that they should work longer.
Mark

The people who think that and are pushing it through have jobs in offices. which is fine for them, but just ask them if they want a 65 year old firefighter turning up at their house when it is on fire. They never think about those people that work in roles like construction, where your body is actually kn**kered by them and you simply cannot do it anymore. As ever people who work with their hands on a manual job are never valued, construction, mechanics, engineers etc. There are 2 types of working people, those that have a shower before work and those that need a shower after work, the later are looked down upon.

Car Insurance has gone up this year from £268 to £454, same company [been with 4 years and have full no claims over 10 years], same car, same house, nothing changed. Was told it is inflation, more accidents in the last year generally, parts are more expensive. That annoyed me, but shopped around and got same deal on a comparason website for £339 with a decent well known company. Telephoned my original insurance company to inform them i would be leaving and told them why and they replied OK but we will match the £339 if you stay!!!! That really ****** me off, as they were will to rip me off for over £100, i cancelled and took the other offer.

I've mentioned this one before but having to enter your email address to read Fox News articles. Then it still does not work. Then seeing an article like this one on - wait for it - Fox News:

Why does everyone seem to want your email address? | Fox News

They must be actively discouraging people away from their website. Add in that their likely audience is over 50 with no tolerance for this nonsense and it is a complete disaster.

Just give them the email address of someone you do not like, as they generally let you in as soon as they have a reconisable email address.

Fox News - full of ******* anyway, for a start whenever i have seen it there has never been any news on there about Foxes. They have a morning news programme with the overly dressed women in normally very tight dress, surrounded by a group of creepy male presenters. As a group they look like they have had that much plastic surgery that when they die their bodies will be donated to Tupperware.

On another thing, is it me or does Marjorie Taylor Greene look a bit like Alf?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 102
Just give them the email address of someone you do not like, as they generally let you in as soon as they have a reconisable email address.

Fox News - full of ******* anyway, for a start whenever i have seen it there has never been any news on there about Foxes. They have a morning news programme with the overly dressed women in normally very tight dress, surrounded by a group of creepy male presenters. As a group they look like they have had that much plastic surgery that when they die their bodies will be donated to Tupperware.

On another thing, is it me or does Marjorie Taylor Greene look a bit like Alf?
Don't you get tired of spouting off?

I don't think he does Chris and has used multiple usernames on this forum and when caught out gave a weak and feeble excuse.
He's forever saying something he disagrees with or doesn't like is crass and when he gets really annoyed throws his toys out of his pram !
Also jumping on the let's blame the Israelis bandwagon, not an utterance about all the civilians and children killed in Muslim on Muslim wars.

Last edited:
NIL, not really an annoyance but more of hard to fathom situation. Arkansas NIL is paying $1M for a basketball player who was not projected to go in the draft. That amount is almost double what he would made on an NBA two way contract. University of Arkansas has Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, and Tyson Foods John Tyson for boosters, so the amount of money available is almost limitless.

College is where you gain the knowledge and training to perform at the next level and then get paid.

Just because that training nets the college a profit is irrelevant, especially in something as meaningless as sports.

Colleges are full of students who help science and medical programs obtain millions via patents and grants, none of those students will see a dime despite the fact that their work is actually important.

Dont feed the trolls. I have 2 sayings lately, maybe this will put him over the edge - 1. you may want a river to the sea, but in Texas you will not be free. 2. if you want a river to the sea for those days at the beach, no worries, the IDF Paving service will be happy to be of assistance.

TD

The Lakers, Clippers, and LA Kings all got rolled out of the playoffs in the first round. The Kings for the third straight year by the Oilers. The Lakers for the second year by the Nuggets. They were a combined 4-12. USC is losing out on recruits to schools like Oregon who are now running an open NIL professional franchise system with "Dirty" Phil paying the tab with his Nike profits from slave labor in China.

Did they not eat him after his plane crashed? Is that not the Cannibal version of 'roadkill'.

On a serious note - the US does not give Billions to the Ukraine, they send them Billions of Dollars worth of equipment, which is either surplus to US military needs or stuff that has to be replaced, so the US military have to buy new stuff from US manufacturers, which means the money actually stays in the US and is paid to US workers.

The Ukrainians would not have bought the equipment, as they are skint, so there is no losss of sales for the US, just an increase for US arms manufacturers and their employees. Not forgetting the kickbacks the US politicians get from the US Military Machine to keep them in business.

If you go back to the Ukrainian coup in 2014 and scratch around a wee bit you'll discover the US and a number of other NATO allies have been making a very tidy sum out of the Ukraine since then and all done on Putin's door-step and folks wonder why Russia has retaliated........of course if you listen to MSM on a regular basis its all Putin's fault......but hang on lets pop an actor come comedian with a leather fetish who loves camo tee shirts as PM of Ukraine and it's going to be all tikka-dee-boo.......

[FONT=&quot]Great Osobor, formerly of Utah State and Montana State, announced Monday that he is transferring to Washington. He'll be getting $2M in NIL money. Hard to see how any college player is worth that much. That's almost 4x the std two way NBA contract.

[/FONT]

These protesters at colleges. They are such a minority it should not be tolerated. From what I have learned the vast majority are not even students. What ever these idiots want is not going to happen. So some schools cancel their formal graduation because of this minority is just wrong to all the other students.
We need Mayor Daley from 1968 Chicago. He would get this straightened out.

These protesters at colleges. They are such a minority it should not be tolerated. From what I have learned the vast majority are not even students. What ever these idiots want is not going to happen. So some schools cancel their formal graduation because of this minority is just wrong to all the other students.
We need Mayor Daley from 1968 Chicago. He would get this straightened out.

It's amazing to me that there hasn't been a major terrorist attack. Millions of unknown people from all over the world have entered the country in the last several years. Most are hard-working people, but it only takes a handful like on 9/11 to create chaos. If there is ever any breakdown in order for an extended period of time, it's not going to be pretty with such a large underground movement of agitators. It's more an anarchist movement that attaches itself to different causes than any specific political issue.

Our justice system. A wealthy woman in California with drugs and alcohol in her system ran down two young kids in a crosswalk on a residential street while she was going 70 MPH in a street race with her boyfriend. She tried to drive away but her car was disabled. She denied it was her that ran over the kids and tried to blame the boyfriend despite the damage to her car. It took four years to bring her to trial. Convicted in February she has still not been sentenced. She is appealing and the incompetent DAs in California are doing nothing.

Marilyn Mosby......................she is lobbying for a pardon before she has even been sentenced. My goodness, she was duly convicted on all charges...........twice........now she is begging Biden for a pardon. She deserves the 22 months estimate in jail, she could have gotten 40 years. She is as crooked as they come. Unbelievable the cesspool of Baltimore City.

TD

You have to wonder at the international community charging the leaders of Israel with war crimes. You can quibble with methods but war crimes? I guess it is a good thing for former US presidents that this is a new standard otherwise just about every president dating back to Truman's decision to drop the bomb would be deemed an international criminal under this absurd standard.

It's amazing to me that there hasn't been a major terrorist attack. Millions of unknown people from all over the world have entered the country in the last several years. Most are hard-working people, but it only takes a handful like on 9/11 to create chaos. If there is ever any breakdown in order for an extended period of time, it's not going to be pretty with such a large underground movement of agitators. It's more an anarchist movement that attaches itself to different causes than any specific political issue.

Only a matter of time, before that section of new comers who are always discontented do something as they do everywhere else they go.

"Collision avoidance" system on my new car. I discovered this when someone turned in front of me at a stop light. It caused an alarm to go off notifying me that I was too close to the car. So far, so good. Then it applies the brakes and the power to the engine is cut. The car will not accelerate and begins to coast slower and slower to a near stop. There is no way to get it moving again for about 10-15 seconds. Imagine this happening on the interstate.

"Collision avoidance" system on my new car. I discovered this when someone turned in front of me at a stop light. It caused an alarm to go off notifying me that I was too close to the car. So far, so good. Then it applies the brakes and the power to the engine is cut. The car will not accelerate and begins to coast slower and slower to a near stop. There is no way to get it moving again for about 10-15 seconds. Imagine this happening on the interstate.

I tap the brake when that happens, seems to disengage the system. My car starts to brake when is "sees" something around the corner and off the other side of the road.:rolleyes2:

State workers here get half a day off to vote in primary election. THat's ridiculous, you vote before or after work in private industry.

State workers here get half a day off to vote in primary election. THat's ridiculous, you vote before or after work in private industry.

That's even more outrageous when you consider all the early voting options. What should be done is to make election day a holiday and eliminate early voting. Everyone votes at the polls. I'm not even sure what happens if early voting begins, and the candidate dies before election day. There could be millions of votes already cast. A recipe for complete chaos. In PA we have 50 days of early voting. Unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back