Things that annoy me (2 Viewers)

Any idea why the "Treefrog Chat Lounge" is only displaying four threads? It seems to be shrinking. They seem to be unlimited on other parts of the forum.

Probably because the thread display option is set for 30 days, which is the default. You can change that to other periods.

Probably because the thread display option is set for 30 days, which is the default. You can change that to other periods.[/QUOTE

Brad, how do you do that? Thanks

Chris,

If you click on the Treefrog Chat Lounge and scroll to the bottom, you will see a section for Thread Display Options. On the left it will indicate “Show Threads From the…” The default option is “Last Month” so click on that and you will several time periods to choose from. I use From the Beginning.

Chris,

If you click on the Treefrog Chat Lounge and scroll to the bottom, you will see a section for Thread Display Options. On the left it will indicate “Show Threads From the…” The default option is “Last Month” so click on that and you will several time periods to choose from. I use From the Beginning.

Thanks Brad.

Probably because the thread display option is set for 30 days, which is the default. You can change that to other periods.

Why can I see threads on other parts of the forum that date back to 2005?

A recent phenomenon in our area is the presence of panhandlers in the parking lots of almost every shopping center. I can sympathize with the fact that perhaps inflation has driven some folks into this situation but there is something very odd about this. There seems to be something organized about the panhandling. For example, they stick to private property which prohibits the police from taking action. It would not surprise me if there a criminal enterprise behind recruiting folks to beg in parking lots and dividing up the money. To the extent that there are legitimate cases of homelessness, there are better ways to support including many private and governmental efforts. Never give money to a homeless person who may use it for drugs or alcohol.

Dallas outshooting Edmonton 35-10 and losing. The Oilers fans braying like donkeys throughout in rapture. Shouldn't they change their names from "Oilers" given Canada's concerns with climate change?

A recent phenomenon in our area is the presence of panhandlers in the parking lots of almost every shopping center. I can sympathize with the fact that perhaps inflation has driven some folks into this situation but there is something very odd about this. There seems to be something organized about the panhandling. For example, they stick to private property which prohibits the police from taking action. It would not surprise me if there a criminal enterprise behind recruiting folks to beg in parking lots and dividing up the money. To the extent that there are legitimate cases of homelessness, there are better ways to support including many private and governmental efforts. Never give money to a homeless person who may use it for drugs or alcohol.
The other day I came to an intersection that always has a person on the corner with a sign asking for money. While I was waiting for the light to change another panhandler walked up spoke a few words to the first guy and the first guy left while the second guy remained. I looked at my watch and it was exactly 3PM. As a policeman we would change shifts at 3PM. That made me go HMMM! The day watch panhandler was just relieved by the afternoon watch panhandler.

The other day I came to an intersection that always has a person on the corner with a sign asking for money. While I was waiting for the light to change another panhandler walked up spoke a few words to the first guy and the first guy left while the second guy remained. I looked at my watch and it was exactly 3PM. As a policeman we would change shifts at 3PM. That made me go HMMM! The day watch panhandler was just relieved by the afternoon watch panhandler.

The police in our area apparently refuse to enforce the law or are prohibited from doing so by the local politicians. It's being done openly day after day. And this is not SF but a mostly conservative area. I'm sure that there are prohibitions against standing in traffic, loitering, soliciting money, and whatever else is going on with this influx of panhandlers.

The police in our area apparently refuse to enforce the law or are prohibited from doing so by the local politicians. It's being done openly day after day. And this is not SF but a mostly conservative area. I'm sure that there are prohibitions against standing in traffic, loitering, soliciting money, and whatever else is going on with this influx of panhandlers.

The "squeegee men" are the worst. It's extortion. But hey don't inhibit their free speech.

It's embarrassing to watch the Dodgers with their billion-dollar payroll get rolled by the Pirates. No insult to the Pirates but they are basically a farm team. Dave Roberts needs to be fired. First place in the division is meaningless.

It's embarrassing to watch the Dodgers with their billion-dollar payroll get rolled by the Pirates. No insult to the Pirates but they are basically a farm team. Dave Roberts needs to be fired. First place in the division is meaningless.

I am not going to write the Dodgers off just yet.

Let's go Bucs :) Pirates, oh boy, hard to watch other than the rookie pitcher. We couldn't hit a softball consitently.
TD

When I walked a foot beat in downtown St Louis in the late 70's, 80's we would always issue summons for "begging" it was a city ordinance violation. Now if they showed up in court is a different story.
Speaking of downtown St Louis. It is a ghost town. One vacant building after another. No foot traffic, only if there is a baseball game. Other than the south west part of the city, I only go into the city itself if absolutely necessary. I know the last few years the city of St louis led the nation in homicides per capita. I know if you live or frequent the city it's not if but when your car will be broken into.
I came on the police department in 1965 and by 1970 we had a little over 2200 officers. They now have under 900 with over 300 openings they can't fill.
Thank God my pension is controlled by the state and not the city.

People who get out of their cars at national parks and approach a herd of bison to take pictures. Or even selfies. If there is any more evidence needed of the dumbing down of our society, this is it.

People who get out of their cars at national parks and approach a herd of bison to take pictures. Or even selfies. If there is any more evidence needed of the dumbing down of our society, this is it.

There was an article in the NYTimes about the amount of people who have been injured by bison because they assume they are domesticated.

There was an article in the NYTimes about the amount of people who have been injured by bison because they assume they are domesticated.

Maybe they can swing by the gift shop on the way out of the park and pick out one to take home for a pet.

Interviewing baseball players while they are playing. I don't watch a lot of baseball but was amazed that they are doing this. Imagine Ted Williams or Mantle talking to reporters during a game. A Yankees outfielder was responding to some inane question about his facial hair last night and then had to dart off chasing a ball hit into the corner. Unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back