time on my hands at last (1 Viewer)

The end of the hunting season sees the final Keelboat arriving from downstream, at long last, to load the precious cargo of pelts. The mountain men can now turn their attention to celebrations in acknowledgement of the hard work endured. As the cargo weight continues to lower the hull close and closer to the riverbed, the crew must constantly prod to determine the depth of water required to remain afloat. Robin.

ps, this is certainly the centrepiece of the series, well done John.

Attachments

• DSCN3816.jpg
    DSCN3816.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN3817.jpg
    DSCN3817.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN3818.jpg
    DSCN3818.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN3819.jpg
    DSCN3819.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN3820.jpg
    DSCN3820.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 138
Robin mate,

BRILLIANT. A great combination of figures, buildings, canoes and the fabulous Keel Boat.

Cheers Howard

Robin...
you got it going on there!
keel boat...canoes...Indians...Mountain men...
great collection and well displayed!

Thanks guys for your comments and ‘likes’. This is a permanent display, but unfortunately it is located on the floor of the man cave, so I have to watch where I put my big feet. I get very angry at myself when I damage any of my collection and especially if I am not watching where I am stepping. Robin.

Thanks guys for your comments and ‘likes’. This is a permanent display, but unfortunately it is located on the floor of the man cave, so I have to watch where I put my big feet. I get very angry at myself when I damage any of my collection and especially if I am not watching where I am stepping. Robin.

so.........

Robin...
have you already outgrown your man cave?
seems like you just built it a few years ago...
but time flies fast at my age...
time for an add on...lol...

Built 9x9 metres 2014, the shed was urgently needed for my collection within the house, but 8 years on, almost saturation now. Nothing allowed back into the house. So yes the pressure is on and I cannot part with anything, so space is now a premium. The hobby remains a important thing in my life, but finances and space are going to win out soon, but I am in denial at the moment, but worlds are going to collide. Intend to scale down second half of this year, if I find the strength.{sm4}, Robin.

Built 9x9 metres 2014, the shed was urgently needed for my collection within the house, but 8 years on, almost saturation now. Nothing allowed back into the house. So yes the pressure is on and I cannot part with anything, so space is now a premium. The hobby remains a important thing in my life, but finances and space are going to win out soon, but I am in denial at the moment, but worlds are going to collide. Intend to scale down second half of this year, if I find the strength.{sm4}, Robin.

Another great diorama Robin. :salute::

Space and Finances certainly can be a Collectors headache.

Yes time to get started on an annexe or a Mezzanine floor for your Man cave !

Steve

WOW, was that 8 years ago, time sure speeds up as we age. I remember when Louis was fitting out his attic as a museum, that must be a while ago now.

WOW, was that 8 years ago, time sure speeds up as we age. I remember when Louis was fitting out his attic as a museum, that must be a while ago now.

That was 16 years ago. Since I started collecting adult and child military uniforms and displaying them on full, half and child-sized mannequins, I can barely walk up there. I am planning to rebuild my garage as a carriage house, and to move all of the uniforms on mannequins out there so the attic is at least passable.

Attachments

• 1 1 Uniforms on display 1.JPG
    1 1 Uniforms on display 1.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 1 1 Uniforms on display 2.JPG
    1 1 Uniforms on display 2.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 1 1 Uniforms on display 3.JPG
    1 1 Uniforms on display 3.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 1 1 Uniforms on display 4.JPG
    1 1 Uniforms on display 4.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 1 1 Uniforms on display 5.JPG
    1 1 Uniforms on display 5.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 186
Beautiful, Robin! What a scene. That boat looks great.

attachment.php

That was 16 years ago. Since I started collecting adult and child military uniforms and displaying them on full, half and child-sized mannequins, I can barely walk up there. I am planning to rebuild my garage as a carriage house, and to move all of the uniforms on mannequins out there so the attic is at least passable.

Yikes Louis, 16 years, I think the Treefrog forum started in 2005, can you remember the exact date? From memory I originally joined the forum under another name (since forgotten) in 2005, a few months after it started. Had to rejoin as ozdigger as I couldn't remember my pass word. And mate, yes you do need more space, looking forward to seeing that carriage house.

Oh yes, "center piece" would be correct with this for any collector. A lot to see in this busy river port. Wonderful scene Robin. :salute:: Chris

attachment.php

Terrific scene Robin:salute::

I do like displays featuring a boat.......as you probably now:wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

The smell of the pelts attracts some unwanted attention. Unfortunately for this hunter he becomes the hunted. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN3821.jpg
    DSCN3821.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN3822.jpg
    DSCN3822.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN3823.jpg
    DSCN3823.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN3824.jpg
    DSCN3824.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN3825.jpg
    DSCN3825.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 179
Robin...very creative use of "The Clapper"...the bears are sneaky...reminds me of The Revenant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back